The "Before the floodgates" group

This isn't anything that special, but if you were playing don't starve together before the floodgates opened, what was your favorite experience of the beta? Was it going around as a ghost pulling up comrades from graves and slaughtering everyone, was it taking down a giant with all your friends, was it getting eaten by hounds for the 800th time?

This could technically go in the tales of life and death thread, but this is about past experiences, whether it be old bugs, some glitches, you abusing old techniques, original willow parties, things of that sort.

I'm really upset and annoyed that these guys didn't f***** tell us that we had to sign up to get it for free on steam

because I thought it was a just cause 2 multiplayer kind of thing

Using your brain sometimes helps ;)

I'm really upset and annoyed that these guys didn't f***** tell us that we had to sign up to get it for free on steam

What did you expect? The people that work on DS and DST aren't wizards at this stuff. They're professionals.

I just enjoyed the game with my gf and friends.
The main positive feature of the multiplayer is the distribution of roles. I really like it when we do nice teamwork. What about the negative features - I haven't found it :)

Wait, what? Don't you get DST for free as long as you own DS? That's been my impression all along.

Wait, what? Don't you get DST for free as long as you own DS? That's been my impression all along.

Getting worried now aswell. I've seen no info on that you have to sign up somewhere to get it even tough you have it on steam already. Me and a friend have been waiting from DST since it was first announced, and we've owned don't starve on steam since it was pretty much released.

Probably the time a Smallbird hatched in between myself and another player, so we didn't know who it belonged to. So we said "Okay let's walk different directions and see who it follows."

Before we could even start doing that, lightning struck it and it earned the name Crispy. 98% certain I ate it.

I still laugh about that and regret I wasn't screen capturing.

Probably the time a Smallbird hatched in between myself and another player, so we didn't know who it belonged to. So we said "Okay let's walk different directions and see who it follows."

Before we could even start doing that, lightning struck it and it earned the name Crispy. 98% certain I ate it.

I still laugh about that and regret I wasn't screen capturing.

That. Is. Hilarious!!!

returning to base after 2 days just to see my friend light a camp fire in order to cook stuff near our chests, starve to death and start yelling at me: "YOU STOLE MY FOOD" while his stuff burned the base.

@Flare2V, you seem to be having way more fun than I find possible...

Watching a stupid griefer get cornered by Varg and horny beefaloes as she freezes freeze to death trying to reach the make shift campfire in the middle of the herd.

Also, logging into the 1000+ day old Klei servers and dying to tentacles planted near Pig King. (No season indicators in server list = fun)

Dying from lag.

When I try to be nice and invite people to my camp saying I have a science machine and they were like "he's a griever, it's only day 2" and I pass their group wearing my backpack, and spear and beautiful blonde hair saying "sup" then proceed to dig up the stumps they left behind and plant pine cones on the same day...

(the mosaic biome was near the portal but no one seemed to like the place because it had no food)

O___O

My little brother and I got bored with playing before the RoG integration so we set a world to max tallbirds and max meteors

Longest we made it was...5 days? The mean time was probably about 2, though. 

One of us had to be willow to set nests to just clear out enough space for a safe camp. It was promptly just wrecked by meteors. 

I would also have to say this is one of my favorite moments.

It was my wacky world of wonder, day 100 something. I thought to myself,

"Hey, I should go kick the dragonfly's ass."

So I got some bunnymen from the cave biomes (i have that mod because i want everything in-game to be obtainable) and 2 rock lobsters and started heading towards the dragonfly in autumn. 

Anywho, I was kiting him pretty decently and was getting my rock lobsters to deal with the lavae, and periodically got some hounds from nearby hound mounds to help with the lavae. Then, Bearger spawned, I succesfully got him to aggro on the dragonfly, who whacked him dead.

Then, the strangest thing happened. Deerclops spawned. In autumn. He came over and instantly started beating up the dragonfly, his freezing attack proving to be very helpful. He eventually died too, but dragonfly was so low on health that it only took a couple more hounds and my last 2 surviving bunnymen and me to finish him off.

TL;DR I have an insulated pack, eyebrella, and scalemail.

Archived