Vegetarian Challenge Mode

For people looking for ways to make the base game harder, try this mod.

Vegetarian Challenge Mode

f70e2d1d38.jpg

Summary:
- Cannot eat meat. (lose 10HP and 5 hunger instead)
- Meat can be used as filler in crock pot (this will not turn into meatballs) 
- You can eat eggs.
- Manure has been NERFED. 
        - Now takes 8 manure to get one crop.
        - Or 20 rot to get one crop.
- Strong emphasis on stockpiling food for winter and large-scale farming.
- Vegetarian crock pot dishes have been buffed.
        - Full list of recipes and their values here.
        - Powdercakes is now a thing.
        - Honey Nuggets is now a vegetarian dish. Require one veggie instead of one meat.

Extra
- For extra challenge try my other mod "No Ice as Filler"
  Prevents Ice from being used as a filler in crock pots. 
- Highly recommend 'Tell Me' mod by star. So that people who join your server can see new food values by Alt clicking.

Note:
Note: If Wigfrid joins your server, you can send them back to the chara-selection screen by typing in console: "c_despawn(AllPlayers[x])", where x is the player's number when you hold down Tab.

Constructive feedback welcome. 

I'll probably play around with this since I always survive on my farms as Wicker and rarely eat meat dishes. I can imagine my usual Maxwell & Wickerbottom combo making this challenge very easy.

Wickerbottom has it easy in the beginning, but in winter your stockpile of food will be less effective when it starts dying. So I think it balances out.

Did u nerf the butterflies? I'm eating them all the seasons.

No I haven't. Have only touched values for meats and butterflies are not really a meat to me. But I don't think butterflies are that overpowered? I think the way Klei has them is just right.

Do you think you could add something like drying racks for fruits (and maybe some vegetables) ? So that they stay fresh longer for winter, 

Too hard sorry. That's the work of an entire new mod. 

All I can say is, (I know it's not clean), winter is not supposed to be comfortable in this mod.

Damned vegans invading everything! Even games!

Nah. You have to worry about the vegetarians who believe that eating meat is bad and that if you eat vegetables, you have more power.

I'm just gonna pass on this challenge though, as good as it sounds.

Do you think you could add something like drying racks for fruits (and maybe some vegetables) ? So that they stay fresh longer for winter, 

You could try Pickle It.  Works mostly for vegetables, berries and watermelons, not dragonfruit, kingfruit (durians) or pomegranates.  It also adds some new vegetables.

Archived