Why Dragonfly Doesn't Get Fire and Doen't Spit Lava

@Bryce Better make a biome of rock and lava, of course with new creatures with lava,  Make Dragonfly's arena bigger, That would be much better and awesome

That is a good idea, please klei listen this, I almost had a heart attack when i found the new dragonfly, a new biome would be a better warning

• Developer

it really has 27k hp? well, how can we kill her now?

and what about bearger autumn boss?

now there 160 day but that guy didn't come at least once

Bearger should spawn during autumn after the game has been running for more than 20 days. Is your server one that was started before the update? Has autumn started since the update happened?

Bearger should spawn during autumn after the game has been running for more than 20 days. Is your server one that was started before the update? Has autumn started since the update happened?

I started server yesterday, after update.

Now it is about 160 days old world.

I met everyone of 3 another bosses but not bearger.

Maybe i am just unlucky =(

Maybe... : /

You know, in original DS, I never met Deerclops until day 200+ of the first game that I didn't die almost immediately on.

I had no idea what it was, but it destroyed everything I owned and then I was so so sad.

• Developer

I started server yesterday, after update.

Now it is about 160 days old world.

I met everyone of 3 another bosses but not bearger.

Maybe i am just unlucky =(

Can you please open the console (by typing CTRL ~) and type c_countprefabs("bearger")

Then type CTRL ~ again, read the last line of text before the text entry box, and tell me what it says.

Thanks!

• Developer

And if in the menu "Edit world", when you create a new world, parameters of the bosses set to maximum - this will increase the chance of their appearance or bosses will come several times  per season?

It differs slightly for the different giants - for Bearger, if you set the number to "lots", you will get 2 Beargers in your world instead of 1.

(For Deerclops, you will get more attacks and he'll attack in all seasons, for Dragonfly, she'll respawn faster, and for MooseGoose you'll get more Mooses.)

And if in the menu "Edit world", when you create a new world, parameters of the bosses set to maximum - this will increase the chance of their appearance or bosses will come several times  per season?

May be he tip-toes away from you while you're not looking?

@Bryce
Okay, so if dragonfly eggs and pet lavae are
really going to be a thing, I have an idea for them:
The egg could leave something like egg fragments
after the lavae hatched that are working like an eyebone,
so players can keep it in their base if they want to and it
also prevents them from stopping
to follow players after they disconnected.

Can you please open the console (by typing CTRL ~) and type c_countprefabs("bearger")

Then type CTRL ~ again, read the last line of text before the text entry box, and tell me what it says.

Thanks!

"there are 0 beargers in the world"

but now it is spring

(for c_countprefabs("deerclops") it says "0" also
same for Goose too
for dragonfly it says "1")

deerclops come every winter

moosegoose never came, but mosslings is there

It differs slightly for the different giants - for Bearger, if you set the number to "lots", you will get 2 Beargers in your world instead of 1.

(For Deerclops, you will get more attacks and he'll attack in all seasons, for Dragonfly, she'll respawn faster, and for MooseGoose you'll get more Mooses.)

thanks! :-)

May be he tip-toes away from you while you're not looking?

No :(

I have 250+ hours in-game original DS and DS RoG in Steam, and I learned the game pretty good.

But just Bearger didn't spawn 6 autumns in the row. Hope he will be come in next worlds :)

• Developer

No :(

I have 250+ hours in-game original DS and DS RoG in Steam, and I learned the game pretty good.

But just Bearger didn't spawn 6 autumns in the row. Hope he will be come in next worlds :-)

Assuming that Bearger is set to default or higher in world settings, that is indeed very strange. I will definitely look into it.

Assuming that Bearger is set to default or higher in world settings, that is indeed very strange. I will definitely look into it.

It was set to default (all settings were set to default, except start season - autumn).

Thanks for responsiveness!

Of all the changes done to giants for DST, the Dragonfly certainly had the most changes. She was completely redesigned for DST’s version of RoG. We wanted to see how a raid-boss style fight would work within DS. With this in mind, there are a couple things to note about her new behaviour:

• The fight was redesigned to be longer but more predictable fight. There are different phases & mechanics that can be dealt with in a variety of ways.

• The fight is designed to be done by a group of 4 well prepared players. That said, it is certainly possible to defeat it with fewer players.

• The fight is supposed to take place within an arena created specifically for it. Because of this, the dragonfly will only spawn in that arena. She is leashed to this arena. If players try to remove her from the arena she will fly away and respawn momentarily at the center of the arena, resetting her health and fight mechanics.

On a side note: The loot that she drops right now is rather… lacking. We’re working on some additional items for this already, but if you have suggestions for items she could drop I’d love to hear them!

That's cool but just want to know and sorry if there are other threads for this issue. Is there any chance to find a mandrake in DST: RoG ? my wife and i got to day 200+ on default map before RoG and can't find any Mandrake. We tried to find it on DST RoG but to no luck. Is Mandrake available for DST RoG ? if so , old should work too right? 

On a side note: The loot that she drops right now is rather… lacking. We’re working on some additional items for this already, but if you have suggestions for items she could drop I’d love to hear them!

Hmm... Well a big problem in DST is fire. A good fire can ruin an entire base and even an entire biome. I think a good item for dragonfly scales would be scaled flooring. Any item or structure on scaled flooring could be immune to fire.

Archived