Ultimate Maxwell Base

I have always wanted to make a very "magic" themed base for a Maxwell playthrough. However, it always turns into a regular base. Things I would plan to have in it would be

A Shadow manipulator

Marbel and carpet flooring

Nightlights

A mandrake garden

All stone walls

A shadow chester

Aside from these though, do any of you have any ideas? Also, I thought it might be cool to build the base with a Maxwell statue inside, but it's tricky finding one that isn't in the middle of nowhere. Once again, any suggestions would be great.

I have always wanted to make a very "magic" themed base for a Maxwell playthrough. However, it always turns into a regular base. Things I would plan to have in it would be

A Shadow manipulator

Marbel and carpet flooring

Nightlights

A mandrake garden

All stone walls

A shadow chester

Aside from these though, do any of you have any ideas? Also, I thought it might be cool to build the base with a Maxwell statue inside, but it's tricky finding one that isn't in the middle of nowhere. Once again, any suggestions would be great.

I have a Maxwell base!  I put marble floors, carpeting with Endothermic fire pits scattered around. Also I have my shadow manipulator in its own hexagon shaped room in which I keep a chest with my night armor, dark sword, book, nightmare fuel and assorted gems. I put another room that has all my dug up trinkets in it...just though it looked like a cool grave digging trophy room haha. I put night lights around my base I have a shadow chester. I tried to find a statue as well to build around, the one of Maxwell, but it was in a horrible spot.  Instead I built my base next to the portal. 

I have a Maxwell base! I put marble floors, carpeting with Endothermic fire pits scattered around. Also I have my shadow manipulator in its own hexagon shaped room in which I keep a chest with my night armor, dark sword, book, nightmare fuel and assorted gems. I put another room that has all my dug up trinkets in it...just though it looked like a cool grave digging trophy room haha. I put night lights around my base I have a shadow chester. I tried to find a statue as well to build around, the one of Maxwell, but it was in a horrible spot. Instead I built my base next to the portal.

The portal idea is really good. And yes, I also plan to have a chest full to the brim with gold. Would you mind sharing pictures of your base? Another thing that I plan to put in is a teleporter. And a scale chest to hold all my valuables :D

I have one effigy, its not so bad. I just keep tons of dark armor on hand, that stuff is the best!.

Alright then, I'll have to do that. I also plan to get a bunch of broken clockwork body guards :D

We really should compile a list of everything an ultimate Maxwell base should have. It could even be a challenge. Maybe if we put it in a certain order to achieve?

I think for it to be the "ultimate" maxwell base, it really needs to have the statue, or the maxwell graveyard, or some other similar setpiece in it.  Might have to do a lot of world hopping. 

One of my favorite things about Maxwell is you can quickly dig up all the graves in the world.  I don't know if any of the gravedigger items are 'maxwelly' per se.  Dessicated tentacle?  teeth?  My personal favorites are rocket, robot, and garden gnome.   Frazzled wires if you have a 'workroom' where the floor is littered with gears & wires.

Probably also need a pretty large room full of tophats, houndstooth vests, tams, and walking canes.

I think for it to be the "ultimate" maxwell base, it really needs to have the statue, or the maxwell graveyard, or some other similar setpiece in it. Might have to do a lot of world hopping.

One of my favorite things about Maxwell is you can quickly dig up all the graves in the world. I don't know if any of the gravedigger items are 'maxwelly' per se. Dessicated tentacle? teeth? My personal favorites are rocket, robot, and garden gnome. Frazzled wires if you have a 'workroom' where the floor is littered with gears & wires.

Probably also need a pretty large room full of tophats, houndstooth vests, tams, and walking canes.

Personally, I think it would be even better to have a Maxwell statue nearby and build a pig village around it. You know, plant some evil flowers around the statue, etc. It would be like the pigs were your subjects :D

Depends. Are you making a jab at his age?

Personally I think most the things fit in with his base. I like the little rocket and teeth, wires and such. Hmmm with all the ideas though I am thinking about starting a separate file just so I can build a base next to a Maxwell statue, I couldn't on my current one as I mined the marble to make a suit. Or maybe right next to a bunch of graves? Maybe have them in my backyard lol.

Archived