No pig king?

Yes... yes it is... this often happens when you increase a resource or mob when creating a world... you should decrease something too when you do that to balance it out... also...

I have no code-basis for this but it seems the case for me on multiple occasions O__O

@XirmiX, It is supposed to be guaranteed, but if you do some testing, you'll find that it fails to spawn about 30% of the time on default settings in single-player. I haven't done testing on it in DST, but I'd expect the failure rate to be a bit lower due to the larger default world size.

I think I even know the place on the map where he ought to have been (you know, pig village, big berry patch). Maybe we'll spawn him in. Does anyone know how to make that work for a dedicated server? I know that the admin has to take an additional step to send the command to the server proper (not just their client) but I don't know what that additional step is...

Personally, I think for certain things that are required in the map layout type, if the game fails to place a set piece or is missing something critical like that (pig king, gear monsters, etc), it should probably just re-start the generation process rather than continue without them?

Archived