What is your favorite game mode in DST

Tough question...

I don't play much PVP but think Wilderness is a good mode for that.

I like Survival best for the extra challenge it presents in working as a team BUT it can be extra annoying when the noobs:helpful player ratio is too high. Or if you have one of those Career Ghosts whose sole purpose in life is to die every other day.

Survival is the best :joyous:

Wilderness is for real adventure (random respawn and if pvp it will be great for staying alive)
Endless mode its to bored i think because the mode not give a chance for new player at the server, all resource gone take by the old player and the new just respawn respawn and bored :juggling:

When it comes to PvP Dedicated Servers, I'm all for the Wilderness Mode. Simply because it actually provides a way to deal with griefers. Killing them off would force them to respawn with no map information. Only if they're persistent enough to pester you, they have to rediscover the whole map all over again before they get to you.

I've stopped playing all other modes, but I often dabble in the Endless PvP Dedicated Servers.

I like endless mode the most, the world doesn't need to be regenerated, as well as I added some mods that respawns items (flint for example!)

I like wilderness mode, but you can just get lost easily if you just can't find where your base was, if you died. World doesn't reset though either, which is good.

I don't like survival, because of nubs dying, and draining my sanity. World resets, and all progress can be lost, also when you try to make spawn more better for new players..

There's a modded gamemode that's basically survival/wilderness hybrid, and I like that one the best. It functions the same as survival, but when you die you have a choice whether you want to respawn as a new character with no map awareness/recipes or if you want to be a ghost. It also removes the ghost sanity drain. It's nice since new players can try out different characters, while also letting others keep theirs if they choose to. The only issue with it is that it has a bug where if someone dies everyone is shown the death choice, though whichever you choose has no effect since you aren't dead.

As far as default gamemodes are concerned I like survival, but I don't care for pvp servers/prefer smaller servers where the host isn't afk so they can deal with griefers. I also use the nature is wild mod, which respawns things that were in the world at world gen but aren't anymore. That way things like gears and marble don't go extinct, though the huge worlds I tend to use make it still difficult to find them when they do respawn.

There's a modded gamemode that's basically survival/wilderness hybrid, and I like that one the best.

What mod is this it sounds great

I prefer to play survival and build a massive farm base with fridges packed with food and chests with armour and weapons

There's a modded gamemode that's basically survival/wilderness hybrid, and I like that one the best. It functions the same as survival, but when you die you have a choice whether you want to respawn as a new character with no map awareness/recipes or if you want to be a ghost. It also removes the ghost sanity drain. It's nice since new players can try out different characters, while also letting others keep theirs if they choose to. The only issue with it is that it has a bug where if someone dies everyone is shown the death choice, though whichever you choose has no effect since you aren't dead.

As far as default gamemodes are concerned I like survival, but I don't care for pvp servers/prefer smaller servers where the host isn't afk so they can deal with griefers. I also use the nature is wild mod, which respawns things that were in the world at world gen but aren't anymore. That way things like gears and marble don't go extinct, though the huge worlds I tend to use make it still difficult to find them when they do respawn.

I could have sworn I fixed that issue, I've released an update today which should have squished it permanently though. Now only the player which died should receive the pop-up. If all players are still receiving that pop-up please let me know!

Archived