Windows ONLY for the beta Don't Starve Together? BOOOO

That's a letdown.

To learn that the new expansion pack is windows only. I'm aware it's in development and it's a beta piece of software, but the said development should START with Macs, then go to the trashy nasty dirty world of Windows. 

I feel sorry for the developer who have to work on Windows environment. Eek

And rush for the Mac version. Windows is going way out in a few years anyways.

That's a letdown.   To learn that the new expansion pack is windows only. I'm aware it's in development and it's a beta piece of software, but the said development should START with Macs, then go to the trashy nasty dirty world of Windows.    I feel sorry for the developer who have to work on Windows environment. Eek   And rush for the Mac version. Windows is going way out in a few years anyways.

XD HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Thank you for today's dose of troll comments :)

I find your bitterness towards not being able to play DST disturbing...

O__O 

Not to sound rude, but seriously, what's your problem with Windows?

When DS first came out, it was on Windows. Then, near the end of the beta they made Mac and Linux versions.

As for a Mac version, here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/50632-state-of-osx-and-linux-support/

It's in a passworded beta, but it's also buggy. So expect sometimes there will be crashes.

Not to sound rude, but seriously, what's your problem with Windows?

When DS first came out, it was on Windows. Then, near the end of the beta they made Mac and Linux versions.

As for a Mac version, here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/50632-state-of-osx-and-linux-support/

It's in a passworded beta, but it's also buggy. So expect sometimes there will be crashes.

Hating on Windows makes you look cool apparently. 

You know, it would be nice to have a Raspberry Pi build; I just dunno if the device can handle the game.

They could even develop a Chester case for the Raspberry Pi!

It can't handle it. This was discussed in the dedicated server forum somewhere, but if I remember correctly its processor is just way too slow.

Edit: It was here.

Considering market share (as a whole or specifically in terms of gaming) I think it's a waste of time for developers to EVER port games to Mac or (even more so) Linux.  You're lucky any developers are merciful enough to incur extra support and dev time/costs to support inferior platforms.

If you're serious about PC gaming at all you should be playing games on the correct type of PC.

PS - I find it amusing that every person I know who uses a Mac also needs to bootcamp or otherwise also have Windows running on their Mac - because they need a way to make the thing actually useful.

Considering market share (as a whole or specifically in terms of gaming) I think it's a waste of time for developers to EVER port games to Mac or (even more so) Linux.  You're lucky any developers are merciful enough to incur extra support and dev time/costs to support inferior platforms.

If you're serious about PC gaming at all you should be playing games on the correct type of PC.

PS - I find it amusing that every person I know who uses a Mac also needs to bootcamp or otherwise also have Windows running on their Mac - because they need a way to make the thing actually useful.

Seriously, you're as bad as Comments here. Honestly, I respect Mac and Linux and use Windows. If anything, you're making Windows gamers look bad. And you can be a serious PC gamer and not use a Windows computer. And Macs from what I've seen are pretty useful. Macs have some easier to use programs than Windows does.

Archived