Art? Art.

Hello fellow pals and starvers

So this is my first participation in a forum ever and after looking at a lot of wonderful fanart I thought "by Wilsons magnificent beard, lemme join" and so I did something too.

Heres Charlie and Maxwell, because I'm a sucker for tragedies.

(I wanted Maxwell to hold the Codex Umbra, but it's barely recognizable, and the shadow coming from it looks weird, so yea ... just ignore it) (sepia for the atmosphere)

post-543178-0-58094700-1421116625_thumb.

And a more detailed Charlie (also in sepia)

post-543178-0-81943700-1421116678_thumb.

I already mentioned Wilsons magnificent beard, so ... first I made a hipster out of Wilson, then a L'oréal model

post-543178-0-12498100-1421116707_thumb.

I'm just gonna call myself Wephisto here.

Why Wephisto and not Mephisto? Because I'm obviously captured by the game. *ba dum tss* And Mephisto was already taken

• Like 13

Whoa... that is an awesome realistic Charlie!

Thanks :3 best reaction to something drawn: "whoa", nothing says more than "whoa" :D

Awesome work! Love your take on Charlie and Wilson with an overcoat. lol

Welcome to the forums, @Wephisto!

Thank you, nice to hear that right after sharing sth :)

Wilson can probably wear everything^^

• Like 1

One of my first thoughts during the game: Poor Wilson doesn't even have a blanket.

And Maxwell ... well, depends ...

3 possible responses:

post-543178-0-85484200-1421174752_thumb.

I'd probably try to grab my blanket really fast. And cool shades.  :wilson_cool:

post-543178-0-96331900-1421164962_thumb.

Edited by Wephisto
  • Like 9

Do you hear the screams?
Do you smell the burning flesh?
Do you see the pain?
post-543178-0-18064300-1421434888_thumb.

Draw a tallbird.

Hope it's not disappointing.
I had the idea of drawing it with charcoal, but charcoal is a son of a hound and it ended up as a hell of a mess that I tried to fix.

Edited by Wephisto
  • Like 8

great art pieces, keep up the fantastic work. I really love the charcoal. Charcoal has always been one of my favorites to use.

Thank you.

The best thing of charcoal is that it's so black and soft, but if you want to make something more than a sketch you need to plan it through, and I never really plan, I just start where I like to^^

• Like 1

Had so much free time, I thought I'd finally be productive. Nope, doing nothing as always. But managed at least this.

post-543178-0-67471000-1422797072_thumb.

post-543178-0-57980400-1422797047_thumb.

Fun Facts:

- Pyromania is a very uncommon disorder and is only diagnosed in less than 1% of the population that is tested for the disorder. It is much more common among males than females. 90% of all documented cases of the disorder have been males.

- This disorder is considered an impulse disorder (others are Kleptomania, Compulsive Gambling Disorder, Intermittent Explosive Disorder and Tricotillomania) and has been diagnosed primarily in children and teens. The youngest recorded cases are of 3 year old children.

- There's a difference between true pyromania and an attraction to fire. Also there are other disorders that may play a huge role in an individual’s willingness to let a fire rage out of control while they stand by watching. Criteria for the diagnosis of Pyromania:

1. Several fire setting episodes have to have occurred (more than 3).

2. Evidence of tension or stress has to have been exhibited before the fires were set.

3. There must be a display of an abnormal amount of interest in fire.

4. There must be a display of satisfaction after setting the fire.

5. There must be no monetary, political or power gain from setting the fire as the incentive to set the fire.

6. To be considered a pyromaniac, all other options (manic episodes, conduct disorder, antisocial personality disorder etc.) must be eliminated.

- Before setting a fire, a pyromaniac will get excited, pumped with adrenaline, and very tense and tendentious.

- During the setting and then during the burning of the fire a pyromaniac derives, feels, and/or experiences intense pleasure (often sexual) and a kind of release/relief from the setting and watching of the fire.

- Pyromaniacs do not commit arson with the intention of hurting people, gaining revenge, unleashing feelings of frustration or anger, or simply out of boredom.

Edited by Wephisto
  • Like 7