FRUSTRATED! can't get my hands on DST!

hello,

I literally counted days and weeks for DST but I missed early beta signups and almost every time you distributed keys i couldn't get any, got late or had some thing super crucial work/study related so didn't get any keys. now when I'm on winter holidays and super ready to try DST turns out I've to buy the frontier pack to get in early access  and be able to play it but I can't buy it (economical reasons). I own DS+RoG why I'm not being given early access??! looks like when you will release it my holidays shell be already over. this is not cool guys!!!

I own DS+RoG why I'm not being given early access??!

This has nothing to do with DST's early access. Early access simply means they are releasing the product earlier than expected, doesn't mean former and/or current patrons of said base products will receive the expansion.

Early access simply means they are releasing the product earlier than expected,

yeah, more like " the expansion is already out but we don't care if you are already a loyal customer and deserve to have it, will grab every opportunity to make money" 

I'm criticizing this capitalistic approach.

yeah, more like " the expansion is already out but we don't care if you are already a loyal customer and deserve to have it, will grab every opportunity to make money" 

I'm criticizing this capitalistic approach.

More like:

"Hey, we offered a free beta sign up! Here's thousands of emails and announcements saying when and where it's happening and how to sign up! What's that, you didn't make it? Well cheer up, buttercup! Other members will be happy to trade with you for other goodies you may have, or, if you want, you can buy some keys for you and a friend to enjoy!"

About that loyal customer jazz: It's already going to be free. Just wait for it to be finished. Klei doesn't actually care about if they release it within your school break time. Besides, if they did hand out keys to every customer so far, then what would be the point of it being a closed beta? Just because someone bought DS+RoG, that makes them better than the person that found the time to get his work done ahead of time and sign up for keys? Yeah no. I didn't sign up for 2 reasons:

1. I was busy cheering up a friend out of depression

2. I have many friends, I knew eventually one would pull through and give me a key. (My undying thanks for @RedReaper, who is out of keys)

If you missed the sign ups, I'm sorry pal. Try watching the streamings each Thursday for a key.

"Hey, we offered a free beta sign up! Here's thousands of emails and announcements saying when and where it's happening and how to sign up! What's that, you didn't make it? Well cheer up, buttercup! Other members will be happy to trade with you for other goodies you may have, or, if you want, you can buy some keys for you and a friend to enjoy!"

well, I didn't get any emails or any in game notifications and that is not the point here. I know its still my fault for not following up their platforms. It was cool until the expansion wasn't up in marketplace and they released the beta for testing purpose at that time it make sense that only those who are actually willing to give time to this are deserving ones, but now the thing has become a playable/cash worthy product its up in the market, current owners of the base game should be allowed access the product/content now.

well, I didn't get any emails or any in game notifications and that is not the point here. I know its still my fault for not following up their platforms. It was cool until the expansion wasn't up in marketplace and they released the beta for testing purpose at that time it make sense that only those who are actually willing to give time to this are deserving ones, but now the thing has become a playable/cash worthy product its up in the market, current owners of the base game should be allowed access the product/content now.

It's still in beta, meaning it's not ready for initial release. The reason it's on the market is due to the earth-shatteringly high amounts of people just like you complaining that they are too special to have to wait just as long as everyone else. SO, to solve the problem, they made yet ANOTHER alternate ways to get keys. How they see it is: "Look, you're so damn impatient and unsatisfied with what we've done so far, if you REALLY want the game, just buy it". Now look at the amounts of complaints now. Nobody complains (except the people like you who still think they're hot stuff) about it not being available.

Klei works on their own schedule,Not yours, The frontier pack is for the people who can't wait for dst to be fully released. It doesn't matter to them that they're not giving the game to people who own ds because its not complete, when it is complete, all ds owners shall get it for free. So you can either A. Wait or B. Buy it

Now look at the amounts of complaints now. Nobody complains (except the people like you who still think they're hot stuff) about it not being available.

You missed the important part.

except it IS available, and if you can't spare 5 bucks, you need to get your income on track (directed at the original poster)

2. I have many friends, I knew eventually one would pull through and give me a key. (My undying thanks for @RedReaper, who is out of keys)

:3

Anyway, bud, DST is in early access, Klei didn't know it would be finished so sudden, and we're lucky that they did. I myself didn't think i was going to get a key, until i came home and checked my email to see:

'congratulations, you have earned your Don't Starve Together close beta keys'

I was shocked, I'm never that lucky.... I shared my key with poor old weirdobob because he was my only friend who needed one. I know, I'm feeling what you're feeling, It's crazy to see thousands of people playing a game you want to play, but you can't get it yourself. I had that burn with Toontown Rewritten, 15,000 people were playing a newer version of my childhood game, Oh.... the burn!!!!

With DST, if 65,000 out of the 80,000 got 2 keys, we would have 130,000 keys, some even attempted to sell it, you can find two here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&

_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xdon%27t+starve&_nkw=don%27t+starve&_sacat=0

anyway, goodluck.

Anyone who plays DST can tell you the game is not ready for release. In my experience the game is mostly stable, but they want to add more RoG content to it--among other things--before giving it the free release. As the others have said, the $5 is for the people who don't want to wait until the actual release, when it will be free for current owners of DS.

Ways to easily "get" 5$:

1.) If you smoke - Buy ONE less pack of cigarettes than you normally would = 5$ saved that you can use to buy DST.

2.) Simply refrain from eating out at BK, MCdonalds, wherever else you like to go just Once over the course of the month = 5$ saved.

3.) Turn off your cell phone for one month - definitely way more than 5$ you'll be saving, and it's only one month. I've been without a phone for 4 months now and I am loving it. (I suppose this doesn't apply to contract plans - so if that's the case, I'd suggest getting out of that bs trap as soon as your contract is up and get on a pay by month one)

4.) Avoid buying beer/chips/pop or anything that is completely unnecessary to your survival, and is only an extremely temporary "feel good" item. DST will make you happier for a lot longer than a bag of chips :-)

Just a couple suggestions that ANYONE can use to get the LITERALLY MEASLY amount of 5$ to get the early access lolll

#TiredOfAllThesePPLBeggin4Keys

Ways to easily "get" 5$:

- snip -

Might I also suggest:

5) Use your winter break to get a job. $5 is literally one hour of work in the USA, "minimum wage". Not old enough to get a work permit? Ask your family or even your friends families to allow you to do one job, any job, for $5.

Might I also suggest:

5) Use your winter break to get a job. $5 is literally one hour of work in the USA, "minimum wage". Not old enough to get a work permit? Ask your family or even your friends families to allow you to do one job, any job, for $5.

Yeah, I guess I replied with the impression that the OP was an adult with a job or something. But yes seriously - just get a part time at BK, Mcdonalds, Wal-Mart, anywhere really.  ONE hour of work at any hourly-wage job will at least get you $7.50 (I think that's what min. wage is now...? lol don't quote me on that but I know it's at LEAST $7).

Or mow your neighbor's lawn or something. Or clean someone's house or just anything really. I am just kind of annoyed that there are so many people begging for keys when it's only FIVE (five...!!!!) dollars lol. That is such a tiny amount for access to such an amazing game...! 

Oh, also it was just Christmas so you possibly could have asked for the game for Christmas too (or rather, 5$ so you could buy the game for yourself).

There are just so many things people could do to get 5$ to just get the game for themselves lol.

ACTUALLY - you can just have a friend give you $2.50 and you pay the other $2.50 and you both get it. win/win...! <3

Archived