Do you have Don't Starve questions?

Thanks for answering my question earlier! (Turns out saving and exiting will get rid of it too haha)

Another question for you. Who's the best character to explore caves with? It's the only part of the game I haven't explored that much and I was hoping for some tips for surviving long term down there or for a redirect to some tips.

Thanks for answering my question earlier! (Turns out saving and exiting will get rid of it too haha)

Another question for you. Who's the best character to explore caves with? It's the only part of the game I haven't explored that much and I was hoping for some tips for surviving long term down there or for a redirect to some tips.

Thanks Flare, I'll try that next time I encounter Varg. 

Another question. I don't understand how to play without backpack. I usually have shadow chester with me but it's not enough to store all my stuff. Usually when I'm far from my camp all slots in backpack and chester are filled quite rapidly. There are many cool clothes for backpack slot but I'm not comfortable without my backpack and cannot try them, which is kind of sad. How do you play without backpack? What is the smallest set of survival items I need to carry in inventory to survive? What is better to store in chester? When and which clothes provide most advantages over backpacks?

You can play the caves with whomever you want, but the easiest character to use down there is either Webber or Maxwell. If you have trouble surviving in the caves always equip a logsuit, tam and a lantern. It'll make working your way through the darkness safe and easy. Definitely do watch your logsuit durability though, if it hits under 30% make a new one and drop your old one.

Thanks Flare, I'll try that next time I encounter Varg. 

Another question. I don't understand how to play without backpack. I usually have shadow chester with me but it's not enough to store all my stuff. Usually when I'm far from my camp all slots in backpack and chester are filled quite rapidly. There are many cool clothes for backpack slot but I'm not comfortable without my backpack and cannot try them, which is kind of sad. How do you play without backpack? What is the smallest set of survival items I need to carry in inventory to survive? What is better to store in chester? When and which clothes provide most advantages over backpacks?

Whenever you pass by your camp look at everything in your inventory and Chester's and ask yourself, "What don't I need for either immediate survival or the task at hand?". The materials I'd recommend to always have on hand for no-backpack play is a stack each of wood, twigs, grass and flint (always try to keep these topped off but never exceed a stack unless you need to), a logsuit and football helmet, a weapon, your walking cane and Chester's eyebone. Any tools you make can easily be remade with the flint, grass and twigs so don't be afraid to drop them and forget about them. Hopefully this'll make managing your inventory much easier.

Do you know if you´re gonna be able to play Don´t Starve Together in Mac? 

You will be able to in time, friend.

Honestly, if anything I have a question on about this game (I don't generally have questions, I know quite a lot about it), it would be... How do I kill the Dragonfly efficiently and effectively without much damage done to me?

I mean, yeah, I've already killed it in claw-to-spear combat, hitting it 2 or 3 times tanking the singular claw attack, then running away to dodge the triple AoE fire attack, and repeat. Is that a good strategy? I mean, it worked for me, only took two log suits and one helmet.

Alrighty, I used to be pretty good at don't starve but I stopped playing for about a year. I have surivived to day 473 before however, now that I haven't played in a year I am a bit rusty. I wanted to know what weapon I should use. Do you usually use a spear? hambat? Dark sword? Which one do you use? I am not currently in a position to use thulecite clubs. I have been mostly using hambats however I am having issues getting enough pig skin for hambats and football helmets and pig houses. I am building a pig village currently. What is the best way to get pigskin and meat? 

Another question about pigs and beefalo, when pigs turn into werepigs do they attack walls? What about beefalo in mating season, do they?

I appreciate any help and responses.

Yesssss! After a week of failures, I've finally managed to beat A Cold Reception! All I need to beat are King of Winter, Two Worlds, Darkness and then I think I'll be able to do all of them in one run. And thanks for the Teleportato advice! I'll be going into Archipelago with a Marble Suit, Breezy Vest, 16 Gold and 13 carrots.

One question, though...Were those good items to bring? I was just about on the brink of death when I swapped worlds, so I didn't want to venture back and find better items. Also, what's the best way to raise and lower the obelisks in King of Winter? I remember having a lot of difficulty last time just getting them to fall.

Honestly, if anything I have a question on about this game (I don't generally have questions, I know quite a lot about it), it would be... How do I kill the Dragonfly efficiently and effectively without much damage done to me?

I mean, yeah, I've already killed it in claw-to-spear combat, hitting it 2 or 3 times tanking the singular claw attack, then running away to dodge the triple AoE fire attack, and repeat. Is that a good strategy? I mean, it worked for me, only took two log suits and one helmet.

Actually, I now have encountered a problem. Every time I make food in the crock pot, it makes rot. No joke. I put in all green foods and it came out with rot. Why??

This just happens sometimes in winter. Not sure why, might be completely incorrect about this.

Alrighty, I used to be pretty good at don't starve but I stopped playing for about a year. I have surivived to day 473 before however, now that I haven't played in a year I am a bit rusty. I wanted to know what weapon I should use. Do you usually use a spear? hambat? Dark sword? Which one do you use? I am not currently in a position to use thulecite clubs. I have been mostly using hambats however I am having issues getting enough pig skin for hambats and football helmets and pig houses. I am building a pig village currently. What is the best way to get pigskin and meat? 

Another question about pigs and beefalo, when pigs turn into werepigs do they attack walls? What about beefalo in mating season, do they?

I appreciate any help and responses.

As for melee weapons I quickswitch between the walking cane and dark sword when I have both available. If you don't have crazy loads of dark swords, hambats are definitely a more resource-efficient option. As for getting meat and pigskin, just have a large number of pighouses in one place (25+). If you feed two pigs and tell them to attack each other, all the pigs will go nuts and start beatin' each other to death, leaving you with all the loot (if you act fast enough). Werepigs and Beefalo in mating season will attack walls.

Yesssss! After a week of failures, I've finally managed to beat A Cold Reception! All I need to beat are King of Winter, Two Worlds, Darkness and then I think I'll be able to do all of them in one run. And thanks for the Teleportato advice! I'll be going into Archipelago with a Marble Suit, Breezy Vest, 16 Gold and 13 carrots.

One question, though...Were those good items to bring? I was just about on the brink of death when I swapped worlds, so I didn't want to venture back and find better items. Also, what's the best way to raise and lower the obelisks in King of Winter? I remember having a lot of difficulty last time just getting them to fall.

The items you bring are entirely up to you. Bring whatever you feel you will need for the next world or would rather not spend the time getting in that world. To lower your sanity easily, stand in darkness or eat uncooked green mushrooms. To raise your sanity easily, eat cooked green mushrooms. It's a fairly good idea to dig up any blue or green mushrooms you see in adventure mode.

I have a question i recently bought dont starve but i already own dst i got a beta key but my question is do i now own dst forever or will it expire so i can buy dst because you get dst for free if you own dont starve i hope you can awnser my qeustion 

dst= dont starve thogether 

I have a question i recently bought dont starve but i already own dst i got a beta key but my question is do i now own dst forever or will it expire so i can buy dst because you get dst for free if you own dont starve i hope you can awnser my qeustion 

How many jerkies or food do I need in order to explore the ruins with a log suit.

If you're bringing' jerky, I'd recommend a solid stack of ten to let you explore for a good amount of time. Don't forget to bring a football helmet, too!

If you own Don't Starve, you get DST for free when it is completed. If you own DST beta access, you get DST for free when it is completed. You do not get Don't Starve for free if you own DST beta access.

In DST, how do you type to communicate with other players

Y for public chat, U for whisper chat. Public can be seen by all other server users, whisper is only those on screen. You can rebind those controls under the controls tab in the pause or main menu.

Regarding your tip about fighting Dragonfly with the two firepits, does that technique work with endothermic firepits and/or other giants? Or will they just destroy it?

Yes, enthodermic pits it will work on Dragonfly and they are recommended as you might overheat during the fight if not prepared. Bearger will destroy firepits and enthodermic pits whilst Deerclops and Goose will just pass through them. So this strategy pretty much works only against a Dragonfly.

Can shadow puppets be used by maxwell to take down a tier 3 spider den effectively?

if effective, how? I'm too lazy to drag traps near the spider den (too used to playing too much with Abigail already, she helped me farm silk very easily.)

Will the summer frest spoil less quickly in Snow Chester? I noticed I couldn't put it in the fridge to slow spoilage.

Cheers. :-)

The summer frest doesn't spoil at all. Instead, it has durability, so it breaks if you wear it for too much without repairing.

Maybe you meant the floral shirt, in which case, yes, Snow Chester reduces the spoilage rate of the floral shirt by 50%, so it will spoil after 30 days instead of 15 as long as you keep it in yo good buddy snowy chesteroo.

Archived