A bug saved my life.

Ora

So today I was working on making some meat effigies. I was chopping down trees and I got a little overzealous and chopped down too many trees before I planted some pinecones and got my first treeguard on my 138th day. I immediately began planting some pinecones, which made him calm down and turn into a regular tree again, or so I thought. I went up to the tree he turned into to chop it down. As Soon as I hit it with my axe, it became the treeguard again. I just ran up and whacked the treeguard with my axe, and that pissed him right off, because he wasn't having any of my pinecone-planting nonsense this time. So I equipped my tentacle spike, logsuit, and football helmet and went at him. Then, as I had just begun fighting the treeguard, guess what? Hounds. Six hounds, including one hellhound, appeared and attacked me while the treeguard was attacking me. Within seconds my tentacle spike was broken, my helmet and logsuit was gone, and my health was 3/4 depleted. I ran. I ran for my life. Then I remembered there was a gobbler nearby that I had killed on the shore and his meat was still floating in the ocean. I ran in that direction, and to my relief the hounds went for it. They sat there moonwalking against the shore, trying on vain to reach the meat that was floating atop the ocean's surface. With the hounds off my back and the treeguard being as slow as he is, it gave me time to craft a new logsuit and a spear on the spot. I replenished my health with toasted seeds. Then I finished the treeguard and wandered over to the still occupied hounds and killed them as well. Thanks, ocean bug!

So today I was working on making some meat effigies. I was chopping down trees and I got a little overzealous and chopped down too many trees before I planted some pinecones and got my first treeguard on my 138th day. I immediately began planting some pinecones, which made him calm down and turn into a regular tree again, or so I thought. I went up to the tree he turned into to chop it down. As Soon as I hit it with my axe, it became the treeguard again. I just ran up and whacked the treeguard with my axe, and that pissed him right off, because he wasn't having any of my pinecone-planting nonsense this time. So I equipped my tentacle spike, logsuit, and football helmet and went at him. Then, as I had just begun fighting the treeguard, guess what? Hounds. Six hounds, including one hellhound, appeared and attacked me while the treeguard was attacking me. Within seconds my tentacle spike was broken, my helmet and logsuit was gone, and my health was 3/4 depleted. I ran. I ran for my life. Then I remembered there was a gobbler nearby that I had killed on the shore and his meat was still floating in the ocean. I ran in that direction, and to my relief the hounds went for it. They sat there moonwalking against the shore, trying on vain to reach the meat that was floating atop the ocean's surface. With the hounds off my back and the treeguard being as slow as he is, it gave me time to craft a new logsuit and a spear on the spot. I replenished my health with toasted seeds. Then I finished the treeguard and wandered over to the still occupied hounds and killed them as well. Thanks, ocean bug!

And this is the exact reason why bugs should be destroyed as Soon as they can , they break the game so near-death moments become saved. Maxwell must of been furious , but interesting story , but be careful next time , that bug won't be there forever..,

It's not such a fun bug when you have 5 red gems floating in the ocean because of a pigman getting killed by spiders there. I think the boundaries should be moved so items can't float off the land. Allthough I would have died in certain circumstances if it hadn't happened, it should not happen.

It's not such a fun bug when you have 5 red gems floating in the ocean because of a pigman getting killed by spiders there. I think the boundaries should be moved so items can't float off the land. Allthough I would have died in certain circumstances if it hadn't happened, it should not happen.

I'm pretty sure that the whole "items dropping into the ocean" thing is on their list of things to fix.

what a lucky SOB.