The New Mention System

Silentdarkness1

This is more of a forum thing than a DS thing, but I feel like this will get noticed easier if it's here. Sorry if it's clogging the place up.

Looks like the forum admin removed the old mention system, and instead lets you put out a mention by highlighting one of the member's posts and then clicking Mention.

Honestly, this seems a bit annoying. There has to be an easier way to do this.

EDIT: Besides typing in the code manually.

If they can't do a simple forum search then that's their own problem.

I don't want a forum to get clogged up because of attention-threads that are unrelated to the sub-forum. You don't go into a pub and announce that you go to the cinema now to raise awareness of a new movie, would you?

Everything has its proper place.

If they can't do a simple forum search then that's their own problem.

I don't want a forum to get clogged up because of attention-threads that are unrelated to the sub-forum. You don't go into a pub and announce that you go to the cinema now to raise awareness of a new movie, would you?

Everything has its proper place.

It's more like a PSA than anything else, tbph. Also, none of this is for my gain. There's likely some people who use Mentions who are suddenly confused as to why Mentions don't work the way they used to. And since Joe figures it's not important enough to make an announcement about....

It's more like a PSA than anything else, tbph. Also, none of this is for my gain. There's likely some people who use Mentions who are suddenly confused as to why Mentions don't work the way they used to. And since Joe figures it's not important enough to make an announcement about....

And that is still no reason to break the order of sub-forums. You can inform people locally if you're worried about RP, no problem. It would be perfectly on-topic there, since mentions can be vital to RP.

Archived