New character?

Please, we have already had at least three threads about this "new" character and we've found out time and time again it's just Wendy. An artist at Klei drew her from scratch for the door image so her silhouette doesn't EXACTLY match the player model. But it's still her.

Please. Listen to us!

Please, we have already had at least three threads about this "new" character and we've found out time and time again it's just Wendy. An artist at Klei drew her from scratch for the door image so her silhouette doesn't EXACTLY match the player model. But it's still her.

Please. Listen to us!

Did this that artist said? Because "Artist draw something that doesn't match what he is drawing" is kind of silly don't you think? :D

It will be frogger i guess or that second new character. Also that left looks like wes but that one on right looks more like WX

Did this that artist said? Because "Artist draw something that doesn't match what he is drawing" is kind of silly don't you think? :grin:

What the hell? Nothing is perfect, you know. The artist can't just suddenly draw a silhouette that matches exactly what he's thinking of.

What the hell? Nothing is perfect, you know. The artist can't just suddenly draw a silhouette that matches exactly what he's thinking of.

What the hell? He is drawing Wendy and not something new in this example. So he did perfect Wes and WX/Wolfgang but not Wendy? Don't be silly plz

EDIT: Also Wendy have lot longer hair than that - ends where her skirt does - and yeah she have skirt so there is no way that is Wendy dude

What the hell? He is drawing Wendy and not something new in this example. So he did perfect Wes and WX/Wolfgang but not Wendy? Don't be silly plz

He didn't draw perfect Wes and Wolfgang by the looks of it. You can see that Wes's silhouette's ears are lower and his hair is shorter, but he is still drawn to resemble Wes because he IS Wes. Wolfgang's silhouette does not have a moustache but his head shape is still drawn to resemble Wolfgang's because he IS Wolfgang.

The artist drew it from scratch. You can notice in the in-game menu that the characters' silhouettes also don't perfectly match them.

Seriously, stop overthinking this, the artist just didn't draw the exact proportions of each character because it would be time-consuming and unnecessary to do so.

Also, if you're going to do all this chances-chances thing, then compare the chances of this "mystery character" actually being Wendy and chances of being a new character.

EDIT: Also Wendy have lot longer hair than that - ends where her skirt does - and yeah she have skirt so there is no way that is Wendy dude

Just to burst your bubble: Willow's silhouette also does not have a skirt while Wes only has two locks of hair 'bursting out'.

No, if they added Charlie (or Pyro, or Abigiail) it'd ruin the DS Style of W's and M's. Plus Charlie is the best enemy in the game. She can 2 hit kill Wilson and 1 hit kill Maxwell and Wes. Charlie wouldn't make sense either. If there's no grue then there's no enemy for the rest of the characters. Plus, Klei never touched on how Charlie becomes Grue... yet.

Nice OC btw

The W/M problem is solved by referring to her as Ms. Charlie. Perhaps, like Maxwell, she too can be replaced with another person.

Sorry but it is Wendy, look at the don't starve together beta sign up picture thing you can see every single person EXECPT Wendy if this is a "new person" what I'm saying is why would the put a brand new person in place of Wendy in that picture, It's Wendy even if it's not perfect, you try drawing Wendy in a cloudy door thing.

Sorry but it is Wendy, look at the don't starve together beta sign up picture thing you can see every single person EXECPT Wendy if this is a "new person" what I'm saying is why would the put a brand new person in place of Wendy in that picture, It's Wendy even if it's not perfect, you try drawing Wendy in a cloudy door thing.

THIS^

Also, if it was a new character, Klei would've confirmed it sometime...

Oh right, I'm forgetting about Froggle... and Pyro. SLIPPY TOAD PLS

I think that this is pretty much confirmed to not happen. First off, no silluete matches the characters perfectly. Second, Why would they put every character in the DST sign up, including the one that is not confirmed, but not put Wendy(which by the way is the best character and should be the simbol of the game instead of Wilson)? Third, if Wendy doesn't match, why would you guys expect Charlie to match? So, if you guys are saying that charlie is going to be a new character, then it has no relation to the first pictures, and if you are saying that the new character is not charlie, then it has no relation to the Resumptus stuff, unless it's just another character with a simbolic flower just because flowers. I think it's much more reasonable to believe that the flower in the video is just a hint that the next puzzle will involve Charlie or Charlie and Maxwell(or just Maxwell).

TL;DR this isn't Charlie, and probably not any other new character

Who is Froggle?

Also, if you look at the DST ad in the game itself, every character's silhouette is present, and none looks more like Wendy than the "mystery" character.

If you were to check the Rhymes w/ devs streams out every Thursday. They made a little joke about a new character called Froggle. @MarkL said it, not me. DON'T SHOOT THE MESSANGER

First off, no silluete matches the characters perfectly.

Second, Why would they put every character in the DST sign up, including the one that is not confirmed, but not put Wendy(which by the way is the best character and should be the simbol of the game instead of Wilson)?

Third, if Wendy doesn't match, why would you guys expect Charlie to match?

So, if you guys are saying that charlie is going to be a new character, then it has no relation to the first pictures, and if you are saying that the new character is not charlie, then it has no relation to the Resumptus stuff, unless it's just another character with a simbolic flower just because flowers.

I have a theory, there is no good evidence in the old picture and it meant nothing all along.

That picture is based off the old picture, it is about as good as the old one.

Wendy does match, but the advertising pictures don't mean anything. Here is why I suspect Charlie to be a new character, "Every now and then there is some requests that keep popping up. Multiplayer, cannibalism, meteors, full moon effects, etc are all examples. Charlie being a playable character was another suggestion that reappears every now and then. Normally..." The rest of the quote is at the top of this thread. It bases nothing off the pictures.

I am saying that the next new character will most likely be Charlie and it has absolutely nothing to do with these pictures.

I have a theory, there is no good evidence in the old picture and it meant nothing all along.

Wendy does match, but the advertising pictures don't mean anything. Here is why I suspect Charlie to be a new character, "Every now and then there is some requests that keep popping up. Multiplayer, cannibalism, meteors, full moon effects, etc are all examples. Charlie being a playable character was another suggestion that reappears every now and then. Normally..." The rest of the quote is at the top of this thread. It bases nothing off the pictures.

I am saying that the next new character will most likely be Charlie and it has absolutely nothing to do with these pictures.

But who will be the Grue?  I do agree, this is old evidence and it could be used but Charlie's hairstyle doesn't match to the one in the picture so it's clearly Wendy. It's clearly Wendy. But if Charlie was a character then it'd disrupt the "W" trend. But still, I'm not putting the option for Charlie down, neither am I supporting it.

But who will be the Grue?  I do agree, this is old evidence and it could be used but Charlie's hairstyle doesn't match to the one in the picture so it's clearly Wendy. It's clearly Wendy. But if Charlie was a character then it'd disrupt the "W" trend. But still, I'm not putting the option for Charlie down, neither am I supporting it.

Someone suggested the Grue is replaced in the same manner that Maxwell is. This old evidence can not be used, there is nothing visibly there. The new video is the important thing. The W trend can and has been broken before, plus it was initially unintentional.

In case you fear the addition of Charlie would be poor judgement by Klei, " To those who dread the thought addition of Charlie as a character, know that Klei does not do anything they aren't sure about. They would never haphazardly add a character, and they would go about this with a strong dedication to give us a really cool experience.  Just like multiplayer." - Myself

so, the only evidence that there will be a new character and that it will be charlie is the resumptus thing and your wish for charlie. That kinda makes sense, in a very optimistic way of thinking.

But I still think that charlie, although could be made to work in SP, would just wreck MP. Like, in SP they could add some extreme drawbacks to the fact that there's no grue.(I have no idea at the moment aside from forcing players to live in caves and only leave at night, but there might be some other ideas), But in MP there must be a grue, so they should have to create something in her backstory just so it could replace her almost granted "no grue" pro, while also having to explain who is the other grue, which is a huge waste of backstory, in my opinion.

so, the only evidence that there will be a new character and that it will be charlie is the resumptus thing and your wish for charlie. That kinda makes sense, in a very optimistic way of thinking.

But I still think that charlie, although could be made to work in SP, would just wreck MP. Like, in SP they could add some extreme drawbacks to the fact that there's no grue.(I have no idea at the moment aside from forcing players to live in caves and only leave at night, but there might be some other ideas), But in MP there must be a grue, so they should have to create something in her backstory just so it could replace her almost granted "no grue" pro, while also having to explain who is the other grue, which is a huge waste of backstory, in my opinion.

Reasons why Charlie is possible: 

1. Community Requested like MP, Full Moon, etc.

2. Charlie's rose shown next to Maxwell's book, his character item, is highly suggestive to be a playable Charlie's character item.

3. Charlie and Maxwell are a pair, which fits the whole point of DST. Maxwell would jump at any chance to reunite with Charlie through Wilson's invention.

Reason a new character would be Charlie:

1. It is not abby, she has her own flower. There is no other characters that we can theorize. ( Unless you really want to talk about whatever Froggy :frog:  is.)

Maybe Charlie turns into the monster at night, maybe there has always been multiple grues or underlings to Charlie, etc. Technically someone HAS to be on the throne, but eventually every character will be on the same map at the same time. That is alot more important to the story than, "She was turned into a monster", which is very minor to the backstory in actuality. There can even be two Wilsons in SP, by saving Wilson from the throne as Wilson.

I believe this is a fact based theory, and that you have taken to a more opposition mindset because you do not believe it can be done correctly. I am being optimistic and open minded, but I have listed reasons to be so. I used to be opposed to Charlie being playable, but I also was opposed to MP for the same reason. "It just wouldn't work."

Someone suggested the Grue is replaced in the same manner that Maxwell is. This old evidence can not be used, there is nothing visibly there. The new video is the important thing. The W trend can and has been broken before, plus it was initially unintentional.

In case you fear the addition of Charlie would be poor judgement by Klei, " To those who dread the thought addition of Charlie as a character, know that Klei does not do anything they aren't sure about. They would never haphazardly add a character, and they would go about this with a strong dedication to give us a really cool experience.  Just like multiplayer." - Myself

The only reason why the W trend was broken before because Maxwell's old name was William Carter, and some people say that Mawell is evil because a M is a upside down W.

The only reason why the W trend was broken before because Maxwell's old name was William Carter, and some people say that Mawell is evil because a M is a upside down W.

Well they were going to add Pyro, and Charlie could of had a stage name.

2. Charlie's rose shown next to Maxwell's book, his character item, is highly suggestive to be a playable Charlie's character item.

3. Charlie and Maxwell are a pair, which fits the whole point of DST. Maxwell would jump at any chance to reunite with Charlie through Wilson's invention.

Reason a new character would be Charlie:

1. It is not abby, she has her own flower. There is no other characters that we can theorize. ( Unless you really want to talk about whatever Froggy :frog:  is.)

Maybe Charlie turns into the monster at night, maybe there has always been multiple grues or underlings to Charlie, etc. Technically someone HAS to be on the throne, but eventually every character will be on the same map at the same time. That is alot more important to the story than, "She was turned into a monster", which is very minor to the backstory in actuality. There can even be two Wilsons in SP, by saving Wilson from the throne as Wilson.

I believe this is a fact based theory, and that you have taken to a more opposition mindset because you do not believe it can be done correctly. I am being optimistic and open minded, but I have listed reasons to be so. I used to be opposed to Charlie being playable, but I also was opposed to MP for the same reason. "It just wouldn't work."

Tomer should take the throne :D

1.Community also requested stuff like a better Old Bell recipe(ME), better cave integration, moon and nightmare worlds dlcs, Wyro. If a game relies too much on community requests, it's doomed to failure(although some can be good, like the first 2.(specially the first one))

3.makes sense, but it would be too touching... and just makes me start clawing my eyes at the thought of seeing Maxwell greeting Charlie when you create a new world...(I shall not cry... I shall not cry...)

The rest of your post makes a lot of sense, though. Maybe Charlie will be a new character. But Klei must have bigger and easier priorities right now.(like putting the rest of the characters in the game). Maybe later. Like very later

Archived