So. I have not played DST, but I have come up with an issue that is so simple it probably has an answer already. What if someone spends all of their health on telltale hearts? Then has a buddy revive him with one, then make a bunch with his health and be revived? How long could this go on, and if indefinitely, is there a solution?

Here is how it works and how I tested it:

- Telltale Heart will hurt the one who created it and will take max hp of the player revived with it;

- Meat Effigy will take max hp and won't bring it back upon revival, however the player who uses meat effigy will not get max hp loss;

- Life Giving Amulet has no penalties for creator and neither for revived person, there is no max hp loss;

- Touch Stone works just like amulet, you have no max hp loss. The problem is to find it. On enormous map I only found one with possibility of being two...

Making too many Telltale Heart will simply kill you and the game will notify players that someone has been killed by Telltale Heart. Also there seems to be a cap of 30 max hp. I was revived with such hp by using heart and I still had max 30 hp. BUT  when I created meat effigy it killed me completly taking me to character select screen. Your max hp is back but you have no recipies unlocked.

- Telltale Heart will hurt the one who created it and will take max hp of the player revived with it;

- Meat Effigy will take max hp and won't bring it back upon revival, however the player who uses meat effigy will not get max hp loss;

- Life Giving Amulet has no penalties for creator and neither for revived person, there is no max hp loss;

- Touch Stone works just like amulet, you have no max hp loss. The problem is to find it. On enormous map I only found one with possibility of being two...

Making too many Telltale Heart will simply kill you and the game will notify players that someone has been killed by Telltale Heart. Also there seems to be a cap of 30 max hp. I was revived with such hp by using heart and I still had max 30 hp. BUT when I created meat effigy it killed me completly taking me to character select screen. Your max hp is back but you have no recipies unlocked.

Frankly, this makes meat effigies worthless in multiplayer.

Why would I take the punishment for a death immediately, with no way of knowing if I'd even benefit (after building an expensive structure) when I could hold out in hopes I get an amulet or simply don't die?

So from what I know, it takes 5 grass and takes 40 health. You use it to revive ghosts and it removes some max health.

The Max Health can be regained through a booster from what I've heard.

The Booster that didn't get released yet for some reason. My guess is that they are adding more fixes to the hotfix. That or they found that another bug appeared in response to the hotfix.

Frankly, this makes meat effigies worthless in multiplayer.

Why would I take the punishment for a death immediately, with no way of knowing if I'd even benefit (after building an expensive structure) when I could hold out in hopes I get an amulet or simply don't die?

Because what if you're playing on a server with all your buddies and don't want to be a selfish jerk?

Because what if you're playing on a server with all your buddies and don't want to be a selfish jerk?

Now I'm imagining different roles for people to play.

Some people play as hunters, who gather meat from Koalefants, Spiders, etc.

Others as foragers, who collect valuable resources such as grass, wood and berries.

And then one person will just stay at base, using farms and building stuff, like a butler. He makes a bunch of meat effigies for the other people, since he doesn't need to go anywhere.

How is it selfish to make people pay for their own mistakes?

If you die, you pay the health cost. I'm not paying my max health so you can die without penalty.

I'll go insane to gather nightmare fuel for life giving amulets, but I'm not paying anything permanent.

Now I'm imagining different roles for people to play.

Some people play as hunters, who gather meat from Koalefants, Spiders, etc.

Others as foragers, who collect valuable resources such as grass, wood and berries.

And then one person will just stay at base, using farms and building stuff, like a butler. He makes a bunch of meat effigies for the other people, since he doesn't need to go anywhere.

Division of labor is great, but meat effigies cost max health to make, which is not refunded.

Basically, your base bit... butler... would end up with 30 health so your incompetent hunters could die without penalty.

Of course, this is subject to change when the booster item is added. The base manager could give some max health up for a short time because he needs it less, and once boosters can be made goes back to full.

Has anyone suffered a bug where the Telltale heart instantly killing the creator of the heart?

Me and My friend just recently had a play through and he died instantly when his life was at full and sanity was at 30.

Any thoughts on what might have just happened?

No idea.

P.S Don't necro the thread.

It's also good to note that when making Telltale Hearts, armor reduces the HP loss.  Thus, if someone is playing as the Firestarter (whom regains sanity at campfires/nightmare lanterns), she can put on a log suit by itself and lose 9 health per Heart.  She can lose I think it was 5~6 health only if wearing a Log Suit + Pig Helmet.

So you can easily churn them out.  My sister also noticed when playing the Strongman, if he eats food, his max HPs goes back up upon death, thus not needing to worry about making the time-consuming Booster Shots (this might be a bug, I don't know).  Roughly, it takes 2 Booster Shots per Death (+20 hps on shot, -40 on death).  

I also noticed as the Robot, once I died, I lost any and all stat boosts from eating gears.  I then was unable to test if my stats automatically returned once I was back at normal "full Hps."  If someone else can confirm/deny this, it'd be great.

A smart cookie will quickly realize beyond dying once that it's better to remain at 30 max Hps and farm the materials for the 6 Booster Shots in one go instead of 1-at-a-time to get back to max health easiest.  I hope this helps.

Making too many Telltale Heart will simply kill you and the game will notify players that someone has been killed by Telltale Heart. Also there seems to be a cap of 30 max hp. I was revived with such hp by using heart and I still had max 30 hp. BUT when I created meat effigy it killed me completly taking me to character select screen. Your max hp is back but you have no recipies unlocked.

So you CAN change your character after all within DST! Nice! Is this the same if you're the host? And if you're all by yourself in your world, does the world reset or do you just respawn at the spawn and can go back to your base? If so, when Woody comes out, I'm gonna die and get revived a lot :D

Update:  Meat Effigies do not drain 40 max Hp to create, so this is a non-issue.  I made 3 and wasn't killed nor had my hps sapped at 30 max health to test being kicked back to the beginning of the Character Select screen.

I was curious what it would do as the Host.  This has been something of a letdown.  =p

Archived