(if we ignore the bugs) is something missing besides the adventure mode, caves and ROG?

The Teleportato, The non-RoG Characters (Webber and Wigfid) being rebalanced.

So that leaves Wolfgang, Wendy, Woodie, Wes, and Maxwell / William Carter who all have to be balanced.

I'm not sure it's because they're being rebalanced, I think it's because they would be harder to implement. Propagating Wolfgang and Woodie transformations between client and server would require its own code, and Abigail could get weird if there are multiple Wendies. Wes and Maxwell because you normally have to unlock them, I would assume.

But you could be right.

Yeah, there is a couple of people including a few streamers on twitch calling this an early alpha (content missing and buggy nature).  Though honestly it was what I was expecting.  You have to remember for the longest time what Klei's stance was on multiplayer for DS.  Then once DS:T started to come together, they have to recompiled everything with the new net code.  On top of the bugs and balance issues.  Everything that is not included so far seems to stem from just prior to clockwork content (minus the select-able characters & mandrakes).

Realistically they have to clean up the mess as they go, otherwise it would be a bigger mess.   So priority wise it probably goes something like this.

1. Bug/Crash fixing.

2. Cleaning up the net code.

3. Balancing

4. New items.

5. Adding SP content slowly to MP

• A. The rest of vanilla content.
  • B. Mod support..
  • C. Caves
  • D. Reign of Giants DLC (this turns into a maybe if they have enough time).

6. Moving things to early access, and clean up any remaining issues.

In my opinion I think RoG should not turn into a "maybe" thing.  First it completes the Don't Starve experience far better then what caves did,  Second the mod community has been building on top of the RoG code.  Finally if this becomes a mod it has to pull out content for those who payed for the RoG content.  The cave content I could live without, but unfortunately that would also screw over the mod community. I do hope they already have some idea what to do about Rcok Lobster breeding habits before they even get to the caves.  The good thing is Klei has not let me down, when it comes to the nature of getting things done. They pace themselves rather well. Better then a few big name game publishers/developers do.

RoG is a future addition, emphasis on future

Well they must have updated the FAQ, because i used to see this be thrown around quite a bit:

Reign of Giants?

Reign of Giants will not be available for Don’t Starve Together at this time. This may or may not come in the future, we have to see how everything works out.

So Woodie and Mandrakes are not in yet. Are other items with time-skip mechanics like the bed roll or the tent in the game? I'm curious how Klei is going to implement those.

Personally I never like using them, because it always felt too much like cheating.

Bed roll and tent are in , but instead of time skipping you essentially go into stasis and slowly regenerate health/sanity as you lose hunger. You're immune to charlie at that time as well.

No parasol made from flowers
No water damage from rain
No wear on grass hat 

Seasonal effects are not fully on yet.

Emphasis at the moment is on getting the game working properly for the testers, then add some stuff and some testers, rinse repeat! 

No parasol made from flowers

No water damage from rain

No wear on grass hat 

Seasonal effects are not fully on yet.

Emphasis at the moment is on getting the game working properly for the testers, then add some stuff and some testers, rinse repeat! 

I've heard WX players saying they were taking damage from rain, I thought...

The rest is RoG stuff, so that's why it's not in.

But definitely agree on the getting the game working. That's still very much needed.

Archived