So in the most recent update we were told that if everything goes to plan they would start sending out beta keys this week. I'm just curious if anyone has received a key yet. (That weren't part of the original 100 people, or that were given keys from them.) 

Pretty sure they don't.

There's still quite a bit of issues that need solving, bug and performance wise. The rubberbanding when not hosting is something I hope can/will be solved asap. It wouldn't be pretty if thousands of players get the issues that are currently there... It is playable and functional though, and that is a good start.

I can understand the impatience but hopefully it'll be worth the wait(it won't take 9 years RIGHT???!!!) :)

I can understand the impatience but it'll be worth the wait(it won't take 9 years RIGHT???!!!) :-)

How do you know?

Buggy, laggy, crashy, whatever won't make me wait for stable version. I want it as soon as possible and help Klei by reporting every bug I can find and giving feedback. And as I said in some other thread, I'm used to laggy, buggy and crashy games (ask my notebook from ice age or wooden deskopt).

How do you know?

Buggy, laggy, crashy, whatever won't make me wait for stable version. I want it as soon as possible and help Klei by reporting every bug I can find and giving feedback. And as I said in some other thread, I'm used to laggy, buggy and crashy games (ask my notebook from ice age or wooden deskopt).

Crap, I forgot the "hopefully". Should have been "hopefully it'll be worth the wait" ._. I fail at quoting Gabe.. You're right, I dont know n made it imply I did by mistake :(

When we can connect (often many can't) or stay connected (or not drop after an hour give or take,) many people have conflicts that crash the game anyway or lag that causes a lot of weird stuff to happen (or can even corrupt the save game that yes, eventually crashes the game if not simply "makes it not able to load again.")

This alone is why it apparently is not ready for "general testing" even in a closed beta capacity. The game isn't past the major components working as expected. When that happens, the Phase 2 beta will be rolled out.  

Archived