Weirdobob's Thread Made of Yarn or Sumthin

Auth

The Last Question  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Mustard or Mayo?

Maybe the admins should add that you need at least one post before you can start a new topic.

Maybe the wizard man is not smart enough for that. But what do I know.

Are you seriously insulting JoeW for not being able to defend the forum against the thousands of spam accounts created everyday?  :lemo:

So, it seems like India has got ahold of a bunch of clean IP addresses again. It happens from time to time.

I can keep stuff out, for sure. We actually prevent a lot... and I mean A LOT of spam. If I got rid of the extra stuff I put into this forum, we would see hundreds of additional spam accounts per day, and we would be completely overrun. Generally we get about 300 registration attempts per day, from all over the world. Usually we only get a couple a month go through, unless somebody gets some new clean IPs, then all hell breaks loose for a little bit.

However, (and I have said all this before, but I am aware that some of you may have never seen it); I am not a fan of captcha and I really don't like inconveniencing people in order to avoid spam, so I try to keep everything in a way that is least inconvenient for you guys.

That being said, I turned on restrictions that I had turned off, so the spam issue should be resolved for the time being. If you notice it, just report it and we're good.

Sorry for the inconvenience everybody.

So, it seems like India has got ahold of a bunch of clean IP addresses again. It happens from time to time.

I can keep stuff out, for sure. We actually prevent a lot... and I mean A LOT of spam. If I got rid of the extra stuff I put into this forum, we would see hundreds of additional spam accounts per day, and we would be completely overrun. Generally we get about 300 registration attempts per day, from all over the world. Usually we only get a couple a month go through, unless somebody gets some new clean IPs, then all hell breaks loose for a little bit.

However, (and I have said all this before, but I am aware that some of you may have never seen it); I am not a fan of captcha and I really don't like inconveniencing people in order to avoid spam, so I try to keep everything in a way that is least inconvenient for you guys.

That being said, I turned on restrictions that I had turned off, so the spam issue should be resolved for the time being. If you notice it, just report it and we're good.

Sorry for the inconvenience everybody.

Sorry? You guys already do an amazing job running this forum.

If anything the spam is funny. :p

My new years resolutions (forgot to post these)

1. Get a title - Check

2. Get Kelsey to say she loves me - Check

3. Annoy XirmiX - Check, but maybe I should keep doing this year round

4. Make Percy not hate me so much - Check

5: Stop making resolutions - Check

Dammit I should have gotten a cat title by now BUT YET I DONT

It's not how long you've been around, It's just the stuff you say or do that the mods think is memorable.

I remember after I heard that's how you get them, I kept posting random stuff around the forum trying to get myself a title. It never worked, and I just ended up getting one on accident!

Archived