Don't starve together, TOGETHER!

Here's my 20 day base, I had a lot of good luck! Haven't found any of the Things, but i found the slot it goes in and the adventure portal door. I use a few mods, but only ones I think should be in Don't Starve already.

My Mods:

Always On Status: Looks good, lets me know my naughty-ness and temp at all times.

RPG HUD: Gives me backpack and amulet slots, makes backpacks and chests a bit bigger.

Happy Flowers: Standing around flowers makes you gain sanity, and the characters get specific ways to gain/lose sanity. Woodie loses sanity around any kind of bird. and gains sanity around trapped birds (bird cage/ bird trap)

Better Moon: A little thing next to the day meter that shows what stage the moon is at.

My Base:

I couldn't figure out how to get screenshots from my steam to this forum it says something like "unsupported image" or whatever , so here's links instead, sorry :C

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/39728354217779322/1D46353AB1F7B2C113BBCB303BF65B8658A09E94/

Chests 1 and 2:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/39728354217857018/74CC925137F799C5AE7B842378A6CC2648F53214/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/39728354217869128/3C6534DBAAE72D0D6B0B9B86B6668D3DBE640DFC/

The Map:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/39728354217846894/920441EF5232E59177A30D66396354B900471200/

Also, on day 14, I found this. I don't think this is normal, but idk how my mods could make this:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/39728354217574572/A6CF9C11A5F7A27CC966D27DD8481A10F80FF04D/

I think I have a pretty snazzy place! This was a really good/lucky run! I'm open to any tips or tricks you guys have for me, and if someone can tell me how to get screenshots from steam to show up right on this forum without having to upload them on some site, i'd appreciate it and update this post accordingly. 

oh wow, sewing kit is more useful than I thought, I might actually make one now, day 40 is coming up here soon for me.

Edit: Day 40 is here!

Spent more time than usual outside of my base this winter, it's not nearly as harsh as I remember it being.

Day 30:

attachicon.gif2014-09-26_00011.jpg

Decided to go outside of my base from days 20-30 and pick up some of those saplings and tufts of grass

Day 40:

attachicon.gif2014-09-26_00012.jpg

The base hasn't changed much here, I'm starting to make bacon and eggs with three monster meat (two converted to eggs) and a morsel

attachicon.gif2014-09-26_00014.jpg

New thing here though! I have a silk farm started.

I feel like I'm going to regret putting those so close together later when they all turn tier 3 at the same time. Oh well.

Got to day 70, had quite an eventful time

Day 55:

post-461118-0-67561100-1412006249_thumb.

Around day 55 I realized I had made a grave error in putting those spider eggs down so close together. All of my pigs were dead, and spiders were reigning. I'm just lucky none of them turned into the spider queen.

Day 60:

post-461118-0-58248100-1412006287_thumb.

The pigs are back!

post-461118-0-88118600-1412006336_thumb.

The pigs helped me chop these trees, and now I have more ash than I know what to do with.

post-461118-0-47693800-1412006338_thumb.

also made a few bee boxes. They're great.

Day 71:

post-461118-0-69762400-1412006339_thumb.

On day 70 the deerclops attacked. that wasn't a very fun time, but I managed to prevent any damage to my base. I also finally got the MacTusk's hat!

Ehm... you know you can dig up the stumps for another log right? Right?

please god tell me you know that...

Yeah, but as far as I know, pigs won't help you out with that. and hell if I'm going to waste like three shovels and a full day or two just digging up stumps. That sounds like a horrible waste of time and resources.

Yeah, but as far as I know, pigs won't help you out with that. and hell if I'm going to waste like three shovels and a full day or two just digging up stumps. That sounds like a horrible waste of time and resources.

It is worth the log count if you have that many and a basic shovel. It does not take an entire day.

i also recommend you use golden tools where it REALLY then becomes resource profitable that way. 

It is worth the log count if you have that many and a basic shovel. It does not take an entire day.

i also recommend you use golden tools where it REALLY then becomes resource profitable that way. 

there were ~160 trees in that grouping. it would have cost near 7 shovels (or the better part of two regal shovels) to dig up the whole grouping and I really do think it would have taken more than a day with that many trees. IMO it's more time efficient to just burn and plant more.

That and I just want to watch the world burn

post-461118-0-21794100-1412017220_thumb.

The real reason I don't dig them up is I don't need more logs right now, I have 614 in chests

there were ~160 trees in that grouping. it would have cost near 7 shovels (or the better part of two regal shovels) to dig up the whole grouping and I really do think it would have taken more than a day with that many trees. IMO it's more time efficient to just burn and plant more.

attachicon.gif2014-09-29_00009.jpg

The real reason I don't dig them up is I don't need more logs right now, I have 614 in chests

Is there anyone that plays Don't Starve that doesn't make his or her arsonist dream real in-game? xD

It is quicker to dig up four stumps than to cut down one tree you know.

I have a suggestion for many people, I like to place my crockpot(s) and ice box(es) close enough to where I can open the ice box or 2 and reach my crockpot(s), that way I don't have to run back and forth for items. it makes it much easier to just shift+click an item into the crock w/o ever moving or removing, and vice versa into the box. 

I usually use only 1 crockpot w/ RoG and 2 ice boxes, having all in range of one another. i've considered making 2 crocks now and then, if I did i'd still have the same set up, all able to reach one another. 

I just came to this thread and skipped to the back and read the posts on the last page.

Holy crap you guys can play Don't Starve! My record is only 90 days, on default with no mods and with Wendy, and I wasn't prospering as well as you guys are.

Did you at least collect some of that ash before it blew away or was you good on that too, or deemed it useless?

I just came to this thread and skipped to the back and read the posts on the last page.

Holy crap you guys can play Don't Starve! My record is only 90 days, on default with no mods and with Wendy, and I wasn't prospering as well as you guys are.

Did you at least collect some of that ash before it blew away or was you good on that too, or deemed it useless?

I collected 40, for the healing salves I made later, but I didn't really collect the rest of it, it all blows away before I could collect

post-345479-0-94295800-1412062964_thumb. Map View of Base

post-345479-0-52454100-1412062968_thumb. Map Explored

post-345479-0-99245600-1412062973_thumb. Main Base

post-345479-0-69206100-1412062980_thumb. Base including Entrance

post-345479-0-61032000-1412062985_thumb. Resource Farms

Best location I found for a base included Beefalo, some rabbit holes around, 3 chess pieces, 1 Warrior Pig with berry bushes, 1 Abandoned Beefalo pen, and a desert with 4 treents with a winter hat and miners cap, all within a few frames of one another. Not to mention around 4 separate biomes, 5 with wormhole. It was a gold mine. 

Best location I found for a base included Beefalo, some rabbit holes around, 3 chess pieces, 1 Warrior Pig with berry bushes, 1 Abandoned Beefalo pen, and a desert with 4 treents with a winter hat and miners cap, all within a few frames of one another. Not to mention around 4 separate biomes, 5 with wormhole. It was a gold mine. 

Wow, a Wes. *claps*

OK, i med it to day 40 people! Not that much when it comes to change. i just survived winter, i was too busy living in the harsh elements to really care much for things. although im aiming to get a bird cage. i just gotta find a darn swamp somewhere.

My kitchen. Nothing new here really. exept for the outline.

As for food, i found a sweet way to get some so i can survive winter without the sadness of starvation: Raid the pengulls at night. they forget to take some of the eggs sometimes. Also, when they left, they left the eggs behind. The sight was beutiful.

post-226541-0-72874100-1412086607_thumb.

My farm area. added the farm after winter. i got a nice bee box and some berries as well.

post-226541-0-36784200-1412086756_thumb.

And dammit i forgot to take a screenshot of my map again. I found the wooden thing plinth anyways.

RIP In peace all the pigs i sent to assault that thing. they failed. i got some checered flooring thogh. so im good.

I have where's my beefalo and Always on stats simply because I like playing with them on. I can remove them. I recently started this rog world, so I'm simply going to use that as it's near the 20 day mark. I used day 19 mainly to take the pictures and gather grass, as I am too low to really make it through winter if I want to keep myself from camping.

My campsite.

This is camp winter:

1_by_warewolves-d7zjn2y.png

It's not the fanciest one, but you can see the many rabbit holes and the start of the line of trees around it. I haven't gone full farm due to the fact I only need to catch four rabbits a day to feed myself. I won't be using my trees for the fire much however, as the beefalo's wool is a much more viable option for winter.

2_by_warewolves-d7zjn5v.png

This is the area surroundng my base. There was two beefalo heards, but one was too close to the pig torches and they got decimated through repeated respawnings. I managed to save most of the meat however. Above is a heard I moved away from my base due to it migrating straight on top of it during heat. After I used them to take down a 3rd tier spider den, They camped nearby and I left the nest up there.

3_by_warewolves-d7zjn8t.png

This is the second half of the island, where the rocks and everything else are. They're about a day's walk due to the awesome placement of road.

4_by_warewolves-d7zjnac.png

And here's a full picture of the island.

How do you make the images small like that?

Archived