Don't starve together, TOGETHER!

Heck yeah! count me in!

Now i just need to figure out how to put a screenshot into a post and how to make spoiler thingies. But i'm in!

I'll also play all vanilla, so yeah.

Like this ["spoiler] an image or text spoiler goes here, erase this text! [/spoiler"] without the " ". Go to More Reply Options, use "Attach Files" to upload the image, click in between the spoiler tags as if you wanted to type something between them, then click the orange "Add to Post" button, in the grey strip containing a tiny thumnail image of your picture that will be bellow the text edtting box.  :grin: HTML and CSS Rules!

Here is a base I made in vanilla DS, default world (accept for "Wheres My Beefalo?" mod)

(I made my base is neater than usual, it's usually a mess, not so open concept)

post-384130-0-74068700-1411331769_thumb.

post-384130-0-18710200-1411331919_thumb.

post-384130-0-87120600-1411331936_thumb.

post-384130-0-88076700-1411331963_thumb.

Like this ["spoiler] an image or text spoiler goes here, erase this text! [/spoiler"] without the " ". Go to More Reply Options, use "Attach Files" to upload the image, click in between the spoiler tags as if you wanted to type something between them, then click the orange "Add to Post" button, in the grey strip containing a tiny thumnail image of your picture that will be bellow the text edtting box.  :grin: HTML and CSS Rules!

Here is a base I made in vanilla DS, default world (accept for "Wheres My Beefalo?" mod)

attachicon.gifMy 20 day base.jpg

attachicon.gifMy 20 day base map.jpg

attachicon.gifMy 20 Day base map 2.jpg

Nice job, you have a decent circle of resources around you, but I don't see an emergency army. The beefalo are ok, but they're not going to do much against deerclops. Why not try getting 8 gunpowder?

Day 56:

2_by_warewolves-d8025oh.png

A little early again, but here's my summer base. As you can see the ice fire is far away from my flingomatic. This is so I can stay by it and let my stuff be kept cool. I was planning on fishing for food during summer, but the frogs are so plentiful there was no point to it. You might notice my bag is very empty. That's because I want to leave it that way to I can equip the summer frest I made and not miss resources. I also have 20 ice, an ice cube hat, a miner stone, and I discovered a resurrection platform thing that I can't remember the name of for some reason literally two screens away. And I have my bird. His name is Smithson.

I also need to remember how to screen shot and post. Right now I'm working on a game with Wigfrid where I'm focusing on caves. I cleared one out and had a base up top, down below, and a small prep base outside the Cave Level 2 entrance. Right now (day 88) I'm at the caves near the pig king and its super awesome, rebuilt my base outside the cave, found a prebuilt one inside, and a ton of guano. also the 2nd level entrance is a screen away and down there is an easy access Ancient Pseudoscience station. 

P.S. Moogles = best thing for caves. Makes it incredibly easy, and with Wigfrid stats on kill return, she's made it really easy to move through the caves in all seasons, and kill tunnel worms to renew moogles. Just sad i hadn't tried this before. 

Here is may base. ^_^
(Had an hound attack on day 20 and I wanted the screenshot at daytime. Thats why I made it on day 21)

Usually I don't really plant bushes and grass near my base, but now i found out that the ice flingomatic can be used as a sprinkler I tried it. =D

It was raining frogs 2 or 3 times and they were fighting the bees.. Now I have a lot of frog legs and bee stingers. =D

Camp:

post-391295-0-68255900-1411390242_thumb.

Map:

post-391295-0-76341500-1411390274_thumb.

attachicon.gifMy 20 day base.jpg

attachicon.gifMy 20 day base map.jpg

attachicon.gifMy 20 Day base map 2.jpg

If you have trouble finding beefalo, then I say it's fine to use, but i'm a kind of person who just likes to explore and play the game vanilla then rather using mods, but we all play the game differently!

Your base looks good so far, I still need to make an "Endothermic Fire Pit"

But, I have some time until Summer...

Nice job, you have a decent circle of resources around you, but I don't see an emergency army. The beefalo are ok, but they're not going to do much against deerclops. Why not try getting 8 gunpowder?

I've tried gunpowder before but I died  because i wasn't fast enough :p I find that 2 treeguards are easier. I'll just collect alot of pinecones from chopping trees then try to summon and pacify some not too near by at some point. Theres also a swamp a bit far away, I've made a winter base in the rocky biome next to it that has alot of spiders. I think I'm set. Just need to get a hat :D

I've tried gunpowder before but I died  because i wasn't fast enough :razz: I find that 2 treeguards are easier. I'll just collect alot of pinecones from chopping trees then try to summon and pacify some not too near by at some point. Theres also a swamp a bit far away, I've made a winter base in the rocky biome next to it that has alot of spiders. I think I'm set. Just need to get a hat :grin:

Alright, good luck!

FINALLY! That took me longer than it should have because I was on vacation, but I got to day 20! I'm playing vanilla with no mods.

My base, with stone walls in between flammable objects in case of lightning strikes.

post-421529-0-08166400-1411481997.jpg

The bird in the cage is named Clarence.

My rabbit traps.

post-421529-0-45339900-1411482004.jpg

post-421529-0-37240300-1411482011.jpg

post-421529-0-66307600-1411482048.jpg

My map.

post-421529-0-02794800-1411482053.jpg

As you can see, I'm in a savanna. I chose that location because of the plentiful rabbit holes, grass (which I use a lot of), and beafalo, which are located one or two screens away so they don't bother me while in heat. There's also a swamp nearby that I can lead mobs to.

I haven't been able to do this yet, but I like to acquire a spider egg and place it not to far from camp. When ever I need spider drops or eggs, I place traps in a line in front of the webbing and lure the spiders out one at a time. Then I have plenty of glands and silk, and I can cook the monster meat and feed it to Clarence for eggs.

Edit: Umm, how do I make the pictures bigger? *derp*

I might post my base once I reach day 20, I don't know. First time playing RoG, and since I played as wx78 I rushed the shadow manipulator. I maxed his stats upon finding the teleportato base instantly along with another set piece as well. Really lucky, oh and I didn't start in spring... phew!

FINALLY! That took me longer than it should have because I was on vacation, but I got to day 20! I'm playing vanilla with no mods.

My base, with stone walls in between flammable objects in case of lightning strikes.

attachicon.gif2014-09-23_00001.jpg

My rabbit traps.

attachicon.gif2014-09-23_00002.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-09-23_00003.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-09-23_00004.jpg

My map.

attachicon.gif2014-09-23_00005.jpg

As you can see, I'm in a savanna. I chose that location because of the plentiful rabbit holes, grass (which I use a lot of), and beafalo, which are located one or two screens away so they don't bother me while in heat. There's also a swamp nearby that I can lead mobs to.

I haven't been able to do this yet, but I like to acquire a spider egg and place it not to far from camp. When ever I need spider drops or eggs, I place traps in a line in front of the webbing and lure the spiders out one at a time. Then I have plenty of glands and silk, and I can cook the monster meat and feed it to Clarence for eggs.

Look's great so far!

Hard to see because of the size, lol

The way my pictures come out big, i just click attach files,

Go onto Steam, userdata, 125698921, 760, remote, 219740, on screenshots, and click which image I want.

If this is how you do it also, then sorry, I don't know how else I can help :/

Your base looks great though!

attachicon.gif2014-09-23_00001.jpg

My rabbit traps.

attachicon.gif2014-09-23_00002.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-09-23_00003.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-09-23_00004.jpg

My map.

attachicon.gif2014-09-23_00005.jpg

You know the easiest option to avoid lightning strikes is to build rods right?

Either way, good job, you're doing well.

Thanks for the complements! 

And yeah, that probably is the best way to prevent fire by lightning, but what about fire hounds and accidental lighting's with a torch or fire staff? So I see the walls as still useful 

Well you shouldn't be fighting hounds so close to your base. And as for the fire staff and torch, I guess that's possible but you would have to be aware of it happening, as it could only occur by your hand.

Well you shouldn't be fighting hounds so close to your base. And as for the fire staff and torch, I guess that's possible but you would have to be aware of it happening, as it could only occur by your hand.

Hey, accidents happen. One time I died because I lit an item in my inventory on fire.

What?! It was my first time playing and I was panicking! 

Ok, you can stop laughing now.

Seriously, it's not that funny.

Hey, accidents happen. One time I died because I lit an item in my inventory on fire.

What?! It was my first time playing and I was panicking! 

Ok, you can stop laughing now.

Seriously, it's not that funny.

You should invest in a miner's helmet. No fire, no harm, no fuss.

It was my first time playing. I didn't even have a base yet.

Fair enough, we all make mistakes our first time. I recall I died to hounds. And after that I died to penguins, but revived only to starve to death, not freeze, as I managed to make it to camp without freezing to death(It was close) and was one click away from eating.

Again, i'd love to start posting stuff, but i haven't really managed to reach day 20 yet...

im still on day 5. but laugh not! iv'e been doing a lot of adventure mode (and failing a lot) so i've been busy.

Also, since day 20 is aparently really har for me suddenly, mind if i make a mini-post on day 10? i'll upload another image if i get to 20.

Again, i'd love to start posting stuff, but i haven't really managed to reach day 20 yet...

im still on day 5. but laugh not! iv'e been doing a lot of adventure mode (and failing a lot) so i've been busy.

Also, since day 20 is aparently really har for me suddenly, mind if i make a mini-post on day 10? i'll upload another image if i get to 20.

You should TOTALLY make a mini post of your halfway progress. The whole point of this thread is to revel in each-other's accomplishments (and defeats), right?

You should TOTALLY make a mini post of your halfway progress. The whole point of this thread is to revel in each-other's accomplishments (and defeats), right?

True, true...

You know what? Im gonna get on it right away!

Rides off on a hound into the sunset only to find out that it was just a set and the sunset was a bacground. he found out the hard way. ouch.

Archived