Touchstone Mechanics

I'd guess gone for good since there is no real need for meat effigies and such if they'd stay.

SethR said that resurrection works like in singleplayer, but you have to get to your meat effigy rather than automatically reviving.

Also I'd like to get my hands on that marble in multiplayer. It'd be a expensive luxury item.

Well, frankly, even that would only be a bandaid if we're talking extreme giant server PVP fests. I think the option of turning off permadeath would work better for a server like that. So, perhaps, instead of dying, the player would be put into spectate or 2 or 3 in-game days, and then respawn.

Actually, that gives me an idea for a far grander mechanic, but that's not related to this.

Since a touchstone was shown in the livestream, it was possible to see that it works like in singleplayer: it's destroyed in the process.

While I'm ok with that, I hope the number of touchstones generated at world creation is really big, but It would be even better if they respawned after, let's say, n days. =/

From what I have watched; they are gone forever. A one time use if you or a friend die off early without another method of resurrection.

I also agree with @Isosurface player bound effigies really got to be a thing. Would be even cooler if they get their own sprites. Other wise they may not even be worth making.

Archived