Also, character arrows?

So the PAX video also shows the character arrows, that tell you where all the other players are. Examples:

post-369498-0-86194200-1409784000_thumb.post-369498-0-40764000-1409784013_thumb.post-369498-0-16452000-1409784053_thumb.

So I´m slightly worried to be honest. Can I hide from this? I don´t really like the idea of people joining the server, immediately knowing where I am and then griefing my base. Or if I killed or robbed someone, they would be able to track me down in no time. =/ Again, we can probably customize this, so it shouldn´t be a big issue.

Wouldn't it be a nice touch if the background for the character arrows represented the characters health, hunger or both? So you could have a green background to show health, if it was low you could tell and help out, or be nasty and help finish them off.

A pair of goggles that allow you to see the character arrows. Otherwise you cannot see them. That would be amazing.

*looks at drying racks full of Long Jerky* 

Of course

(Okay, Long Jerky sounds really really dirty and I don't think I'll ever type it again :razz: )

You are having a dirty day...

• Developer

The implementation as you saw it in the video was very much demo-only. We'll almost definitely be keeping some form of these player indicators, but they won't be always-on (unless we put a server option for that in) like you see in that video.

The implementation as you saw it in the video was very much demo-only. We'll almost definitely be keeping some form of these player indicators, but they won't be always-on (unless we put a server option for that in) like you see in that video.

it should be if a player shares a common group (like the D.S group) then it shows where the players in the same groups are.

Archived