Dec 12 Hotfix

Kevin

• Developer

With the update, the saving code got a bit rearranged, so that there was an overlapping read and write on the profile file on chrome. It was overlapping because Chrome is weird, and all of its file accesses are asynchronous, and we didn't have the success callbacks properly chained to wait for each other. So, it all came down to timing, which is a bit random and different from computer to computer. This is why we didn't see the problem during our testing.

Long story short - when you were quitting the game and going back to the main menu, we tried to load and save the profile at the same time. The load failed, and then your run-time profile was a default empty profile. If you saved this one at all by playing again, it overwrote the original one. Unfortunately, there's no way to get that back.

I bought it on the Humble Store, and so have both versions. Chrome for now, Steam for when I get back to my PC. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to buy it via the Humble Store, you get more options AND the developers get a bigger cut.

I bought it on the Humble Store, and so have both versions. Chrome for now, Steam for when I get back to my PC. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to buy it via the Humble Store, you get more options AND the developers get a bigger cut.

Mostly because I didn't do my research. I watched a couple vids on it, they mentioned it was on Steam, I went to Steam and threw some money at Kevin and Company. Then I came to the forums and found out I could have gotten Chrome and Steam keys via other channels.

It's kinda too bad, but you can't win them all.

Mostly because I didn't do my research. I watched a couple vids on it, they mentioned it was on Steam, I went to Steam and threw some money at Kevin and Company. Then I came to the forums and found out I could have gotten Chrome and Steam keys via other channels.

It's kinda too bad, but you can't win them all.

Same for me. Too eager to play it I guess.