Straw Roll why nobody uses it? a sugestion that would make people to use it often.

So my idea is that when we dont sleep at night we would become more tired and we wouldnt recharge our HP by only eating.

The straw roll should be one of the few things that would make us recharge our HP and to do it we would have to rest for 3 days no less or more.

What do you guys think about it ???

The tent originally did this. It healed you and fast-forward to the morning. It also consumed the hunger you would have lost if you stayed awake the night.

But the devs ditched that mechanic as they wanted the players to play through the night and survive it's dangers.

If the player didn't sleep for 3 nights, the avatar should develop huge bags under their eyes and their health should be stuck at 90% maximum. It wouldn't be too bad, and it'd be an excuse for the sleeping bag.

Not fighting through the night is a mechanic to be concerned about though, Excess. The only solution to it that I can see is making some new element to sleeping. Like my dreamworld idea http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?3919-Low-sanity-leads-to-a-Dreamworld-when-sleeping&highlight=dream where the dreamworld tries to kill you creatively, like it's a nightmare.

Or the other thread http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?1834-Dream-World&highlight=dream where a dream is more like another map.

Dreams seem like a natural addition to night time.

Guest Dandytard

Haha, I kind of found it funny you just linked your topic suddenly, It reminds me of what people do with their products.

'I really like the kitchen and all, But I can see some mud on the floor there.. Now, If you bought my newest invention, ShamWOW, The mess would be gone with just one hand stroke!' I do think both yours and xenpt's ideas should fuse.

I'm all for giving the player a reason to use the bedroll, as long as it's not single use item anymore and instead it gets a durability meter like other tools.

To be honest, there's not much danger at night once you have a campfire up. Sure, sometimes spiders might come by if you live near one of their dens, or maybe hounds might attack, but usually nightime is just the time to sort things in your inventory, cook some food and maybe do some farming. So having a reason to sleep might as well be put into the game.

I'm all for giving the player a reason to use the bedroll, as long as it's not single use item anymore and instead it gets a durability meter like other tools.

Well keep in mind that the straw bedroll is balanced with the tent, just like the campfire is balanced with the firepit. Both the straw roll and camp fires are temporary solutions, while the tent and firepit are permanent solutions.

Well keep in mind that the straw bedroll is balanced with the tent, just like the campfire is balanced with the firepit. Both the straw roll and camp fires are temporary solutions, while the tent and firepit are permanent solutions.

Wait... I thought that the tent was only used to change character...? How can I sleep in it?

Wait... I thought that the tent was only used to change character...? How can I sleep in it?

Well, to be honest, I'm referring more to what it used to do (see Excess' post above). It makes sense to me, but the Devs didn't want a permanent night-skipping option I guess.

As far as i'm concerned you can't sleep in a tent.

And what's wrong with the straw bedroll? i use it all the time, it isn't that pricy, and while adventuring its really easy to use, since you don't have to set up a fire and stuff, just take a bedroll with you and you can adventure for double the time before having to stop!