30 members have voted

1. 1. Pick/ban?

So, lets say there is a PvP mode where players are spawned on far sides of the map, and need to fight each other to the death.

The first problem, obviously, is balance.

Wolfgang could win in a fist fight against a spear,

Wigfrid and Maxwell start out with op as hell gear,

And you do NOT want a Werebeaver smacking you around a bunch, specially when it could just run away, eat trees, and return to full health.

So, if this game mode were to exist, how about a draft pick mode? Where one team bans out certain characters, and the other team picks one, then bans out a character.

Optional? Maybe, but does anyone think that may be a fair enough way to handle this problem?

Unnecessary because you'd always ban the same stuff (woodie, max, wigfrid,wolfgang,webber, wx not included because if it's like a pvp tournament he won't have enough time to gather gears). You didn't mention the max number of bans, but even if both teams get 2 that leaves very little characters to playing.

I'd prefer just a combat overhaul entirely in don't starve.

Well ... The way I thought the "hunger games" in dont starve would work is exactly as it works on Minecraft... Maybe a bit different, but all players start with no items , and you have crafting restrictions and basically there are items all around the "arena" Maybe in chests maybe just laying there and obviously in what would be the cornucopia :razz: Althought idk that seems a bit ..ridiculous as the maximum characters will be 4... But I think it could still work? Idk. Just my two cents

I mean, we need more information on the whole multiplayer...technical stuff :/

it's too son to be honest. Im still waiting on a video they promised, they said that they were going to make the first internal test and record a video to show us?? :( If anyone knows anything can someone tell me? Thanks.

Well ... The way I thought the "hunger games" in dont starve would work is exactly as it works on Minecraft... Maybe a bit different, but all players start with no items , and you have crafting restrictions and basically there are items all around the "arena" Maybe in chests maybe just laying there and obviously in what would be the cornucopia :razz: Althought idk that seems a bit ..ridiculous as the maximum characters will be 4... But I think it could still work? Idk. Just my two cents

I mean, we need more information on the whole multiplayer...technical stuff :/

it's too son to be honest. Im still waiting on a video they promised, they said that they were going to make the first internal test and record a video to show us?? :( If anyone knows anything can someone tell me? Thanks.

I'd say Wednesday or Friday. 100% Not confirmed. It will be this week though.

I'd hold off on this idea until the devs and other Klei employees finish making changes to how DST works differently in the first place from DS regarding MP. Then, they can further tweak the optional PvP part of the DST to further "balance" it. Until then, "drafting" may be a "moot" point. 

I honestly cant think about why would wolfgang ever be OP, he gets a bonus on damage, but only when at a certain level of hunger which can be hard to achieve in early days, and his middle form is nothing but a more expensive (hungerwise) Wilson. If one gets to the mighty form at the right moment then the player deserves it, and keep in mind that when he does his animation for going from one state to another he stops moving, which can give the other player a great chance to attack.

I honestly cant think about why would wolfgang ever be OP, he gets a bonus on damage, but only when at a certain level of hunger which can be hard to achieve in early days, and his middle form is nothing but a more expensive (hungerwise) Wilson. If one gets to the mighty form at the right moment then the player deserves it, and keep in mind that when he does his animation for going from one state to another he stops moving, which can give the other player a great chance to attack.

Yeah. I'm more worried about Wigfrid. All she needs to do is kill players and eat their drops for a sustainable attack bonus, health/sanity regen, and hunger meat requirements. Even if the players don't drop meat, she'll be very powerful with no player penalty drawbacks. 

So, lets say there is a PvP mode where players are spawned on far sides of the map, and need to fight each other to the death.

I personally don't like the idea of Don't starve PvP mode, but all the characters have some kind of ability that can help in fighting,

Wilson: meat effigy revival

Willow: Burn enemies camps and don't take fire damage

Wolfgang: more damage and health with full stomach

Wendy: Abigail to fight

Wx78: up-gradable health and getting hit by lightning

Wickerbottom: Better/faster technology to make armor and weapons

Woodie: wearbeaver transformation

Wes: balloons to fight (HAHAHAHA ) :wilson_laugh:

Wigfrid: better spear and helmet+ better stats

Webber: spiders to fight

Maxwell: shadow puppets to fight

Some may be better than others, but in don't starve you can still starve, go insane, or get killed by charlie, so maybe being one of the characters better at surviving will help more than going into an all out fight.

Thank goodness PvP will be optional! 

Will it be an server/worldgen option? It just feels a bit too meta in my opinion. I thought PvP would work like in the playtest, where you can attack someone, but don't have to. (of course terribly unbalanced at the moment)

Archived