Spreading Players  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a spread player option?

Well I myself loved Minecraft Survival Games (the hunger games) , So yeah, I'd love some kind of competition in don't starve...

Some rules and restrictions and modifications should apply though.

If there were don't starve hunger games I'd play like foxface and try to gather all the arena resources and food and hide until all the other dies , or place traps idk :3

It would be really fun imo.

Well I myself loved Minecraft Survival Games (the hunger games) , So yeah, I'd love some kind of competition in don't starve...

Some rules and restrictions and modifications should apply though.

If there were don't starve hunger games I'd play like foxface and try to gather all the arena resources and food and hide until all the other dies , or place traps idk :3

It would be really fun imo.

Yeah! Sure would!

I think I may have posted a thread on this as I strongly support it! Good luck!

Thanks for the support!

Dude your quotations are next level

Yeah, I was pretty confused, took me like 5 minutes to understand what he said.. xD

Fantastic suggestion!! Should be implemented!! :grin: Like a minigame ;) There should be minigames for the Don't Stave Together ;) You should add --> (minigame suggestion) to your titel ;)

Kinda already is the mini game suggestion in the title with "PVP Battling", but yeah if Klei were to add this to Don't Starve Together it would add much potential for mini games!

Sounds like a good idea to me, I can't think of any reason why having this as an option would be a bad idea.

Exactly, thats why I was confused when I msged the person who said no. He said he thought it was pointless.

That's actually a real cool idea. Maybe Klei can make it a customizable option before you start. Even for Co-Op it would be cool as you would have a few days behind before you find your friend.  However it doesn't follow lore wise as they would come out wherever Wilson built his portal (Probably near his base) but that won't be a huge problem.

That's actually a real cool idea. Maybe Klei can make it a customizable option before you start. Even for Co-Op it would be cool as you would have a few days behind before you find your friend.  However it doesn't follow lore wise as they would come out wherever Wilson built his portal (Probably near his base) but that won't be a huge problem.

We have practically no idea about anything lore wise for DST. Most is just assumptions, so it doesn't make for a strong statement.

I'm not so sure if Klei is really aiming to have "Together" match the lore that much anyway, just a fun addon to the game for players!

Let's be honest. This could have the potential of being cool, but alone isn't going to cut it. There are too many things involved to make this work smoothly. I'm making two separate sections to this with one being negative and the other one saying what modifications to your main idea you need to think about.

Negative why this wouldn't work...

1. They said bigger biomes and a bigger map would be added therefore if all the players didn't have the same starting point then someone would have the advantage. Reason for this being that if someone spawned at the ocean edge in a marsh and needs to get himself knee-deep out of it and his friend spawned in a grassland then obviously the one in the grasslands is set. He has food, resources and potentially more health since the other player could have potentially ran through merms, tentacles, and spiders while trying to survive the night.

2. In order to solve #1 there would need to be custom user created maps and would replicate a hunger games map, but instead maybe 4 places with the same starting tools with them spreading outwards to a generated map insuring everyone started with a fair chance and what they did from there was a choice for themselves.

3. It couldn't be real when "pubbing" because what if two friends join one server where it was supposed to be every man for himself and works with his friend.

4. You would need to start a lobby, invite your friends, have a custom map of fairness, hope they join in a timely manner (mainly steam friends because if you ts or mumble or skype etc. then its a easy fix) and then get into the actual game. It takes too much work in my own personal opinion.

HOWEVER, I truly love this idea and I believe it could work if it did this...

1. Have people spawn a screen away from each other. This will ensure it's safe because you are close, yet not too far away to make a unfair advantage. 

2. Work in a private lobby because people in a pub setting may be looking to troll and quit or do something insanely dumb therefore if you play with people you know who are semi-competent then they can play correctly.

3. A alternate form of #1 is have people spawn in the same screen or so with each other and they can take a hunger games perspective and go run in a direction or maybe get items which have been in the middle of them.

I like the idea, I just think it needs some thought about it.

Let's be honest. This could have the potential of being cool, but alone isn't going to cut it. There are too many things involved to make this work smoothly. I'm making two separate sections to this with one being negative and the other one saying what modifications to your main idea you need to think about.

Negative why this wouldn't work...

1. They said bigger biomes and a bigger map would be added therefore if all the players didn't have the same starting point then someone would have the advantage. Reason for this being that if someone spawned at the ocean edge in a marsh and needs to get himself knee-deep out of it and his friend spawned in a grassland then obviously the one in the grasslands is set. He has food, resources and potentially more health since the other player could have potentially ran through merms, tentacles, and spiders while trying to survive the night.

2. In order to solve #1 there would need to be custom user created maps and would replicate a hunger games map, but instead maybe 4 places with the same starting tools with them spreading outwards to a generated map insuring everyone started with a fair chance and what they did from there was a choice for themselves.

3. It couldn't be real when "pubbing" because what if two friends join one server where it was supposed to be every man for himself and works with his friend.

4. You would need to start a lobby, invite your friends, have a custom map of fairness, hope they join in a timely manner (mainly steam friends because if you ts or mumble or skype etc. then its a easy fix) and then get into the actual game. It takes too much work in my own personal opinion.

HOWEVER, I truly love this idea and I believe it could work if it did this...

1. Have people spawn a screen away from each other. This will ensure it's safe because you are close, yet not too far away to make a unfair advantage. 

2. Work in a private lobby because people in a pub setting may be looking to troll and quit or do something insanely dumb therefore if you play with people you know who are semi-competent then they can play correctly.

3. A alternate form of #1 is have people spawn in the same screen or so with each other and they can take a hunger games perspective and go run in a direction or maybe get items which have been in the middle of them.

I like the idea, I just think it needs some thought about it.

Exactly, I left room for the imagination.  Also the first one they said it is OPTIONAL to have larger biomes and such. It was just another larger world option. And i'm talking just in a private thing.  And I wasn't saying hunger games. I was just giving recommendations on what you could do with so. Would leave LOTS of room for minigames. From there the player wanting to do the minigame will have to work on it. 

@Hawx541

Sorry, won't let me quote yet, but all I was saying that spreading people would be cool and similar to the hunger games. Not that your suggestion was the hunger games. Sorry to mislead if I did.

Ahhhh, btw post 1 more time and you can quote me XD. Just say hi on this post again or sumthin lol.

Archived