Help me to survive :(

So,in vanilla i can survive about...60 days or more (i still a noob at don't starve),but in RoG,can't survive 10
I'M SEE TO A LOT OF PEOPLES AND SEE SOMEONE SURVIVING MOAR THEN 1000 DAYS AT ROG AND I SEE TO ME AND SAY:

-Man,i'm a peace of ****.

So a came here to search some tip (google,sorry,but only pleople know this)

Pls,help me 

and u make me like...huh

:DD

yes i realy need those tips...(2D cause 1 will do a emoticon, ._.)

You should keep playing, dying , again, again and again. The perseverance is the key.

Also you can read the wiki http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Don%27t_Starve_Wiki and search some guide or/and tutorials.

It's a good idea,but in my opinion,is best to the pro players with their EVERYTHING tips,it's cool someone saying aboutdifferent tips,i can take all of them :>

U'll say it's the same thing,but i like with a lot of people tiping me( and others).

You should build your base near beefalos, because they produce manure that is useful for farming, but don't build the base too near to them because they periodically go in the breeding season and they will attack you during this time.

Summer and winter...Warg too,and...werepigs,my self bigfoot,etc...

My Approach for Winter is to Survive on a beefalo hat, a thermal stone and LOTS of campfires. For summer I survive with melon hat, a Summer Frest, ice flingomatic, and a Chilled Thermal Stone.

For the Varg, an ice staff is helpful. Werepigs can be distracted by spiders ( and Pigs when it isn't a full moon).

1: Play as webber

2: Don't always want to fight with other monsters

3: Don't be greedy(like : "ooohh, silk on marsh! <3.Eh? What's these bubbles?)

4: Always run when you hear hoçunds/bosses

5: Learn ALL the recipes and the kind of food...It can be really usefull. You can even start with Food indicators(and remove it later)

1: Play as webber

2: Don't always want to fight with other monsters

3: Don't be greedy(like : "ooohh, silk on marsh! <3.Eh? What's these bubbles?)

4: Always run when you hear hoçunds/bosses

5: Learn ALL the recipes and the kind of food...It can be really usefull. You can even start with Food indicators(and remove it later)

I use always on status...ty for the tip,i guess ill help me very much

But...why webber?

Where to Set Up Base:

This is arguably the most important part of staying alive in Don't Starve. I highly suggest either in a Pig Village or near (but not right in the middle of) a Beefalo Herd. The Beefalo Herd is more useful, as they give a lot of poop for farming. Use this poop to speed up your farms and stockpile up for winter. You can also lead Hounds to beefalo, and the beefalo will kill the hounds.

Also, try to get lots of basic materials on your way to finding a good place to settle down, for example, rocks, gold, grass, flint, manure, etc.

What to build first:

Science machine/fire pit of course, then you should attempt to get a farm. Once that is done, try not to burn down an entire forest while getting charcoal, which you can use to build a Drying Rack and a Crock Pot. Head for an alchemy engine and a Ice Box as well.

Other Tips:

1. Stay away from red-butt Beefalo

2. At night, you can shave beefalo without angering them for fur. Make the winter hat or the beefalo hat, it's up to you. The beefalo hat will prevent agression during beefalo mating season.

3. If you have a beefalo hat during beefalo season, It is very profitable to check the beefalo. Often times they will kill stray birds or rabbits.

4. You see those carrots and berry bushes everywhere? If you can, don't harvest them. Leave them there until your first winter, and then you can go foraging for fresh carrots during winter once your own stockpiles have run out.

5. Start in Autumn.

6. Remember you can always tone stuff down a bit in the world options.

7. Need wood? Insane? Hire a pig to help you chop trees.

8. Pick flowers if you are getting insane.

9. Remember you can lure enemies to pigs or beefalo! This works best on hounds, but will also work on all spiders and the seasonal bosses. Just beware that the seasonal bosses will most likely wreck all of them with their AOE attack.

10. Farms are you friend.

Advice: Build that base near the pig king. You're near a sinkhole, Glommer's statue, and about 5 pig houses. When you learn the resource exchanges in the game you'll realize that is the single biggest gold mine in the game. That pig king literally pays you cash money for the skins of his dead relatives. 

Secret pro-tip. Glommer. Kill him EVERY full moon on the first night when the moon rises. Gather his loot and craft another bell. Kill the Krampuses that spawn who will be sleeping near your base (the Krampus sack has a 1% drop rate so do this every time for maximum chance). Then on the second night of the full moon, go back and collect another Glommer's Flower. 

That old bell is the most amazing resource-gathering tool in the game, bar none. You can plant 80 pine cones in a giant patch, wait for them all to become full grown and call down the foot to stomp you a free 240 wood and 160 pinecones at maximum effectiveness. 320 wood if you count all the stumps. You can also call it down on sleeping beefalo herds and simply clean up the remnants. As long as your world has decent-sized packs you'll never kill so many they won't replenish with the bell. So one good stomp with that and you can earn yourself almost 2 full stacks of regular meat and a bunch of morsels if any babies were smashed. 

Just make sure you eventually find a tier 3 spider nest and smash it down and bring it relatively nearer to home. Killing spiders is a major part of this game. 

And learn how all the enemies act and react. Learn how to kite werepigs, for instance and you'll find yourself drowning in surplus armor and weaponry. 

Lastly, a tooth trap biome you created yourself is going to be your greatest ally down the road. That place will absolutely wreck the face of anything that dares approach its creator when it grows into a noticeable blob on the map.

Guys,thank you very much,i guess i can survive more now,you are really helping me

-i start to play with webber
-my base is near beefalo(but have some defensive pigs...when i have some meat,i'll call spiders to attack then)
-i start in Autumn
-Silk,silk everywhere
-Got a glommer and a pig king
-got a good base and such farm(such vegetables,wow)

:DD

I also recommend Wigfrid. 

- Create a crock pot as soon as you can, since she only eats meat, but meatballs are easy to make

- She comes with her own spear and helmet

- She doesn't often need healing (unless you're fighting larger bosses)

She can kill most smaller mobs like hounds and spiders while taking some damage and regain the health when they die, which makes her a lot more fun to play, especially if you're terrible at kiting like I am.  You do still have to kite with things like treeguards but they move more slowly so it's easier to time the kiting.

Thank you all guys,u really helped me with those tips

Acutually i ill show my pictures from my world

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3296947906318393726/B692EA2D1A237E9FAE1EB9531CC6C1C18DB4E8CE/

my base at day 15,no map show sry ;(

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3296947906348262721/AC5E80C75DD43D510A46D86B7BBE42EBB21EC6CE/

I burned my trees,but my glommer burned to death ;(,but i got some more things :grin:,much coal too,i have a beefalo hat and a puff vest at chest...killed my frist boss :grin:(Treeguardian) and have so many silk too,and a...can't-stop-to-die-cheaster

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3296947906348308859/52512F3A1E312CFAF224631BC980C94E6F74A80B/ my map,i don't die any time and i can revive :grin:, u can see a glommer at south of the map,near a pig village,and my base at north,near 3 spider den,a camp,etc...

Thank you all again

Here are my tips: 

1)  I use Wilson, because he's really good in winter.

2)  Start in Autumn, until you get used to spring

3)  Pick every flower, they respawn fast and can be used for garland and parasol

4)  Ideally settle about 2 screens away from a beefalo or pig village.  (Pig village is better for long term survival, beefalo will help with manure and early hounds).  

5) Build a pigskin helmet (1 pig skin) as soon as you can, even if you have to wreck a pig house to get it.  Carry it and log armor on you at all times.  Do not go near enemies without your armor and helmet on and you will take a surprising amount of hits before you die.  This alone can virtually eliminate death

6)  Try to explore the entire map coast by the end of the first season.  This will get you one or two of those ressurection thingies.  Drop and axe and torch near the ressurection thingy.

7)  Don't go anywhere without full health unless it's a mission to get something to give you more health.  Most of the time I die it's because I think "I can make it".

8)  Always carry a torch and full grass at all times, so you don't get stuck at dusk.

9) When you see something you want to attack, go back to base and regroup first.  Just spending the extra time plannning increases your survivability

10) Build a meat effigy as soon as your are able.

Hope that helps!

Archived