cannibalism?

guys, i know its effed up, but we all know that don't starve together is eventually gonna turn into starving together, if it comes to that, i want a way to murder my friend for a chance of survival. of course, you can both just dramatically, and slowly, starve together

Thats uh... pretty intense for a game thats comical like don't starve...

Comical?

There's a rolling ball of fur that latches onto your head and slurps out the contents of your stomach.

Monsters from another dimension that hunt down those who are loosing their minds.

An ancient race genocideded by the aforementioned monsters.

Sure, it can be whimsy in some places, but it has a dark undertone.  I support this idea.

Comical?

There's a rolling ball of fur that latches onto your head and slurps out the contents of your stomach.

Monsters from another dimension that hunt down those who are loosing their minds.

An ancient race genocideded by the aforementioned monsters.

Sure, it can be whimsy in some places, but it has a dark undertone.  I support this idea.

._. Okay, I support your point there. it has humor, but can also be dark at some points... but Cannibalism is... just f#@!ing messed up...  It could actually be offensive to some... BUT I think it'd be better if when examining some form of meat from when a player dies is if the examining player says "Huh... wonder where this came from..."

._. Okay, I support your point there. it has humor, but can also be dark at some points... but Cannibalism is... just f#@!ing messed up...  It could actually be offensive to some... BUT I think it'd be better if when examining some form of meat from when a player dies is if the examining player says "Huh... wonder where this came from..."

everyone thinks cannibalism is effed up, and it always will be, no matter what (thanks for being honest).

Hounds, spiders, and pigs are cannibals. I don't think we should follow their example. When I'm starving I look for some red berries around my camp; if there are not red berries near my camp I look for beefalos; if there are no beefalos near my camp, I go search for food far from your camp; if there are no beefalos... (Well, If you killed all of your beefalos that's a problem, because they won't respawn, you must start a new world). There has some food in your world. Cannibalism isn't necessary.

And I don't think when you kill a player he will drop his meat... that would be weird.

Thats uh... pretty intense for a game thats comical like don't starve...

"Comical"???

I can understand dark comedy but comical?!

You fight spiders with 6 legs and giant mouths with a even bigger queen with a possible nest on her back as she births warriors and spiders right out of her butt.

Like Battalion said, there are shadows that make you insane and plot or threaten to kill you when going insane.

The shadow monsters turned an innocent girl into the night.

This game E10+ according to ESRB (which should be relooked at ASAP)

I think he means comical in the sense there isn't an aspect in Don't Starve that would warrant this game being rated something other than for everyone (including children). Eating someone (human) or the thought of doing so can be mentally disturbing for some.

It really depends on how the player looks at it.  Some people think don't starve is a little dark.  Some think it's comical.  I personally think its dark.  Lord_Battal put it well.  Not to mention skeletons just lying around,  and frickin shadow monsters.  Also some people think that it should never be in don't starve.  Well, its up to you what you want to do.  Don't starve is a free world game.  If people want to cannibalism the other guy its there choice.  I don't see anyone willing to give up their comrade to someone though.  If you simply don't want to do it, than don't.  Adding this will give the player more freedom to be good or bad.  With being bad comes consequences, and it will affect the player one time.  By being good, the player can befriend more peeps.  Basically, if a troll eats someone for the heck, people will just stop playing with them.

It really depends on how the player looks at it.  Some people think don't starve is a little dark.  Some think it's comical.  I personally think its dark.  Lord_Battal put it well.  Not to mention skeletons just lying around,  and frickin shadow monsters.  Also some people think that it should never be in don't starve.  Well, its up to you what you want to do.  Don't starve is a free world game.  If people want to cannibalism the other guy its there choice.  I don't see anyone willing to give up their comrade to someone though.  If you simply don't want to do it, than don't.  Adding this will give the player more freedom to be good or bad.  With being bad comes consequences, and it will affect the player one time.  By being good, the player can befriend more peeps.  Basically, if a troll eats someone for the heck, people will just stop playing with them.

Very insightful, considering we abhor it yet a majority of the English-speaking (and romantic languages) world follows a religion which endorses we do this to the son of God with his "body and blood."

Archived