Why I don't bother posting in this subforum

There's really no point in arguing about DST until the devs give us a little more concrete information about the game mechanics. Everyone's getting their undies in a bundle about permadeath or server chat or mods but we haven't even seen the beta. I don't even read any topics anymore because its all kind of pointless until we actually have something to discuss. 

There's really no point in arguing about DST until the devs give us a little more concrete information about the game mechanics.

Don't Starve Together? Sounds like concrete information to me.

Dunno about you, but all I need to know to have a discussion about an uncompromising survival game, is to know that it's going multiplayer.

There's really no point in arguing about DST until the devs give us a little more concrete information about the game mechanics. Everyone's getting their undies in a bundle about permadeath or server chat or mods but we haven't even seen the beta. I don't even read any topics anymore because its all kind of pointless until we actually have something to discuss. 

It's not pointless at all. It lets us know how you guys think and what you guys would like to see. Just like any other point in the development of Don't Starve, it is crucial feedback that we really find important. 

@JoeW -- But at this point its nothing but endless polls and arguments about mechanics that haven't even been confirmed. Have the devs actually decided anything about death mechanincs? it would be nice to put that discussion to rest.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/37335-when-will-we-see-a-trailer/?p=498124

JoeW was more than kind enough to let us in on where the team stands right now. I'm sure when they are ready they'll tell us what we need to know.

This is such a random thing to post, when you say you don't bother to post much here. :I  People here are giving ideas on how DST might be. Some people handle it immaturely, but some agree (or disagree politely )  It is by far not pointless.  This is a new game mode, and people do discusse and suggest ideas.  Explaining how useful or useless an idea might be, helps to think about suggestions.  I do agree it is a bad idea to argue before more information is given, but people don't always argue about it.  I don't see what you mean by it is pointless.  We DO have something to discuss, whether it be ideas, suggestions, or questions.

I like the fact that devs value any and all contributions made by the DS community - arguments about how certain mechanics work at this stage in development will lead to less disagreements in later stages. If the majority of the community who love DS feel that X would ruin or improve the gameplay, then the wise thing to do would be to voice their opinions now. [X being whatever topic in the DS world] Furthermore, you can ask questions and get answers from the team - I prefer that over being in the dark the entire time. 

I guess I'm mostly frustrated at the people who continually rant about how permadeath is "essential" to the don't starve experience without considering how it will affect the gameplay, or those who go on and on about which features MUST HAPPEN, or even those who keep going on about how multiplayer will ruin don't starve.

@JoeW -- does the team have an official stance on respawning mechanics yet? Or is it just as hotly debated as it is on the forums.

Archived