will maxwell be in multi player

Wait what? I am completely confused  :/

know I mean when you spawn

Im sure since he's a playable character that he'll probably be well...Playable.

But I don't know if you'll be greeted by NPC Maxwell when you start a game though.

When you spawn? like in the beginning? I would think he wouldn't be the one to greet you because he should already be owned by those who got him in adventure mode. I mean I got him so I would like to think in DST I could use him.

Yeah I know what you said (as confusing and unclear as it was)

And I said that, I have no idea if NPC Maxwell will greet the players when they spawn. Maybe he will if no one is playing as him at the moment, and maybe he wont if someone is playing as Maxwell.

I do a lot of posts on the weekend because I don't post on the week sorry.

You do know today is the second day of the week right? I am guessing school is in the way? Well summer is coming so I am sure you will have plenty of posts to spread joyfully around the forums :p

I think what they will do is still have him on multiplayer.  Some players just want to survive as long as they can and troll their friends in the process.  Some people will go for the throne.  They might make you unlock characters like they do in single player. (so many wilsons)  They also might just let you use the characters you already unlocked.  Klei will find a way, too many people love Maxwell.

Maybe if there's a player version of Maxwell in the game, upon awakening instead of "Freedom!" he goes "... But then who's manning the Throne?" Or something. 

Alternatively, he says nothing and the other characters say something about having to deal with him all the time. 

Yeah, well solve this: what if first player starts with. on-Maxwell character and then someone joins WITH Maxwell? What happens then? Mind blown! Not really it would probably crash the game or you would have two Maxwells if someone goes through adventure mode.

I think that the only sollution is that you can only get Maxwell by going through adventure mode every time, else it would give you two maxwells or somethjng like that.

PS. Not sure if it's changed but say if you went through adventure mode with Wolfgang, then when you get the Maxwell and go through teleportato and change your character back to Wolfgang you'll get to meet Wolfgang with Wolfgang in adventure mode's end.

Is that changed or does that stoll happen in game?

And also that is an example of what would happen if Maxwell was possible to play as without going through adventure mode every time. So I suggest that Maxwell should not be possible to play as from the beginning of the game EVER! Only if you go through adventure mode. Yes, that will be dragging, but at least there won't be any weird game logic involved...

Anyone can come up with a better solution?

Yeah, well solve this: what if first player starts with. on-Maxwell character and then someone joins WITH Maxwell? What happens then? Mind blown! Not really it would probably crash the game or you would have two Maxwells if someone goes through adventure mode.

I think that the only sollution is that you can only get Maxwell by going through adventure mode every time, else it would give you two maxwells or somethjng like that.

PS. Not sure if it's changed but say if you went through adventure mode with Wolfgang, then when you get the Maxwell and go through teleportato and change your character back to Wolfgang you'll get to meet Wolfgang with Wolfgang in adventure mode's end.

Is that changed or does that stoll happen in game?

And also that is an example of what would happen if Maxwell was possible to play as without going through adventure mode every time. So I suggest that Maxwell should not be possible to play as from the beginning of the game EVER! Only if you go through adventure mode. Yes, that will be dragging, but at least there won't be any weird game logic involved...

Anyone can come up with a better solution?

In my honest opinion I could only say that Adventure mode might be take out of the question completely during multiplayer. Not entirely sure but that's my thought.

There could be a possibility where a different type of adventure mode would crop up. In this mode, it would force all of the characters playing to figure out new elements to the story, escape, etc.

I could see each character being a one pick only, as in, when one character is chosen no one else can choose it. Possibly having something like a pre-game screen that shows all of the people going to play the game and giving them the choices of all the characters and a way to communicate so everyone can pick who they will be and have it set. If someone was to set in a character before someone else that character would be off limits to everyone else unless the set choice was taken off before the game started.

If you were to have a Maxwell player the NPC one would not appear at all and as The Letter W had said, a possibility of him or the characters making comments to this.

If the limit of characters is only set to a max of 4 or less people then there would be no worries as to who is on the thrown currently since there are still other characters not chosen. Along with the point I had stated earlier, the normal adventure mode could be taken out completely for Multiplayer and replaced with something different completely to keep any problems from occurring. But this is just my voiced opinion.

No one is entirely sure how Klei plans on working around any of these problems quite yet but I highly doubt the game would crash from you just starting it. We'll see what more happens in the near future.

Archived