Klei Forums Rpg style game

TRENTOMINOUS

I'm talking about the concept, not the difficulty. The Pit of 100 Trials was introduced in Thousand Year Door. It's more or less the best entry in the series. I'm quite disappointed that most of the people who know Paper Mario only played Super Paper Mario, which is the least impressive game in the series.

Also, don't call me hatty. It sounds stupid.

No, no. I was talking about Hatty Hattington from BattleBlock Theatre.

@Strangerdanger101

Er... yeah, yeah it could work like that.

Both Super Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door both had it I think. I know TTYD had The Pit of 100 Trials.

Super Paper had it for sure.

I remember because I died on the final boss of the hardest version of the pit. neveragain

I'm quite disappointed that most of the people who know Paper Mario only played Super Paper Mario, which is the least impressive game in the series.

On topic: Oooh, like the idea for the pit of 100 trials! Maybe we can also can an elevator system so you can go down to previous levels, without needing to backtrack?

Off topic: HEY NOW... I really liked Super Paper Mario. I didn't play the ones before it, but I HAVE played the other Mario RPG games beforehand, and I really enjoyed them, as well. After playing Super Paper Mario, I went and did a playthrough of 1000 year door and the original 64 one, and I enjoyed them a lot, as well! I loved all the games in the series [Well, I haven't played sticker star... and I haven't heard good things about it...], and feel Super Paper Mario gets a lot of hate mostly because it's not how the others played. The gameplay, I can agree, isn't as good, but because it's different doesn't mean it's THAT worse. It has flaws, but I also see a lot of good in it, as well!

No, no. I was talking about Hatty Hattington from BattleBlock Theatre.

Oh my, yes...

... there should be lots and lots of delicious secrets in the game. Mmm... secrets...

On topic: Oooh, like the idea for the pit of 100 trials! Maybe we can also can an elevator system so you can go down to previous levels, without needing to backtrack?

Off topic: HEY NOW... I really liked Super Paper Mario. I didn't play the ones before it, but I HAVE played the other Mario RPG games beforehand, and I really enjoyed them, as well. After playing Super Paper Mario, I went and did a playthrough of 1000 year door and the original 64 one, and I enjoyed them a lot, as well! I loved all the games in the series [Well, I haven't played sticker star... and I haven't heard good things about it...], and feel Super Paper Mario gets a lot of hate mostly because it's not how the others played. The gameplay, I can agree, isn't as good, but because it's different doesn't mean it's THAT worse. It has flaws, but I also see a lot of good in it, as well!

Oh my, yes...

... there should be lots and lots of delicious secrets in the game. Mmm... secrets...

Secrets are delisherous

Trent is probably wanting us to work on the game while hes gone for his 2 week vacation. Not the actual game, Just get some more ideas.

So what is the story in general? The private messaging discussion is a horrible idea btw.

(WRITTEN BY @DwerBomb.)

I've developed a bit more Battal's story.
---------------

Act 1
You are a new member. You want to gain reputation points (still no plot in this part, only minor quests.)

Act 2
The Off-topic section is invaded by spam bots. Since the Moderators and the Admins were off-line, you decide, with other forumers, to take care of them. You enter the Off-topic section and defeat the spam bots. After that, the Admins log in and see what you and the other forumers have done. Because you did a great job, they decide to take a break from the forums and leave them to all of the forumers (like a democracy).

Act 3
Little by little, a forumer named Lord_Battal starts taking all the power. He slowly becomes a dictator and becomes really strong: with all his power, he locks the Forums in an isolated dimension, trapping all the forumers and making it impossible for the admins and the moderators to come back.
In this act Battal gives you quests you must do.

Act 4
You and other members decide to rebel. You arrive at Battal's castle (That before was the admins' castle) to defeat him, but with his magic he creates shadow puppets of retired members. You have to fight them, win and then fight Battal, who is now weaker because he used a stron necromancer magic. After you defeat him, he flees and hides in the Shadowfall thread.

Act 5
You enter the Shadowfall thread and you find out that Battal used his magic to control the Shadowfall monster. You fight him and then Battal disappears once again.

Act 6
After some quests to find out where he is hiding, you know that he wants to destroy the forums by corrupting it's core (maybe the Some Art :grin: thread). When you reach it, you fight Battal once again. After he is defeated, from his shadow crawls a strange creature: it's the Pelontrix! It has been controlling Battal all this time!
You kill the Pelontrix and free Battal, who after that unlocks the Forums.

Act 7 (ENDING)
The admins and the moderators finally can enter. They see you've done a great job and give you a great title and you become a moderator.
All comes back to normal and you can do the other side quests/side stories in peace.
Now your objective is to gain 1000 reputation points!

(WRITTEN BY @DwerBomb.)

I've developed a bit more Battal's story.

---------------

Act 1

You are a new member. You want to gain reputation points (still no plot in this part, only minor quests.)

Act 2

The Off-topic section is invaded by spam bots. Since the Moderators and the Admins were off-line, you decide, with other forumers, to take care of them. You enter the Off-topic section and defeat the spam bots. After that, the Admins log in and see what you and the other forumers have done. Because you did a great job, they decide to take a break from the forums and leave them to all of the forumers (like a democracy).

Act 3

Little by little, a forumer named Lord_Battal starts taking all the power. He slowly becomes a dictator and becomes really strong: with all his power, he locks the Forums in an isolated dimension, trapping all the forumers and making it impossible for the admins and the moderators to come back.

In this act Battal gives you quests you must do.

Act 4

You and other members decide to rebel. You arrive at Battal's castle (That before was the admins' castle) to defeat him, but with his magic he creates shadow puppets of retired members. You have to fight them, win and then fight Battal, who is now weaker because he used a stron necromancer magic. After you defeat him, he flees and hides in the Shadowfall thread.

I really liked the story up to here. It's kinda disappointing to see that the forum story only focuses on one specific person.

I would like more twists and turns, and the story needs to have a good theme/message.

I really liked the story up to here. It's kinda disappointing to see that the forum story only focuses on one specific person.

I would like more twists and turns, and the story needs to have a good theme/message.

Right. You're totally right. I'll change it.

Oh, and between,

WRITTEN BY @Lord_Battal

Lord Battal is granted administrator powers by accident, and goes on a spree of ruination and death. He demotes every other admin and removes everyone's titles. You play as just a new member, who bears witness to this destruction and vows to bring the forums back to their former glory. So you go around the map, completing quests to gain weapons and followers, until the big showdown.

You enter the Shadowfall thread, where Battal is supposedly hiding. It is there that you discover he is corrupting the contents of threads to serve his own villanous deeds. He sics Shadowfall on you, and that's the first real boss fight. After killing it, you find that Lord Battal has disappeared again. So you do a bunch of quests in order to find him, still doing mini ones along the way. Eventually, you find the portal to Eternity Inc, where you actually go and fight him. Then that's the end.

It's YOUR fault, because my story is based on yours.

Right. You're totally right. I'll change it.

Oh, and between,

WRITTEN BY @Lord_Battal

Lord Battal is granted administrator powers by accident, and goes on a spree of ruination and death. He demotes every other admin and removes everyone's titles. You play as just a new member, who bears witness to this destruction and vows to bring the forums back to their former glory. So you go around the map, completing quests to gain weapons and followers, until the big showdown.

You enter the Shadowfall thread, where Battal is supposedly hiding. It is there that you discover he is corrupting the contents of threads to serve his own villanous deeds. He sics Shadowfall on you, and that's the first real boss fight. After killing it, you find that Lord Battal has disappeared again. So you do a bunch of quests in order to find him, still doing mini ones along the way. Eventually, you find the portal to Eternity Inc, where you actually go and fight him. Then that's the end.

It's YOUR fault, because my story is based on yours.

Is it really anyone's fault?  It's just our attempts at a story.  :p

This isn't official in any way, but I decided to make a mock-up battle scene!

"New Member", @ThePreChewedTree , @F3RR1S and @CyanBlue against Dark @Snob ! I did a recording before where I won the battle, but I lost that recording and couldn't get it back. Using the same set up as before... let's say I did... worse... I really prefer the other recording I did, but this is what I have.

Dark Snob

MHP: 3000 - MMP: 200 - ATK: 125 - DEF: 55 - MAT: 50 - MDF: 65 - AGI: 50 - LUK: 69

Attack [Priority 5] - a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2

Okay Signal [Priority 3] - Snob buffs his ATK and DEF for 5 turns, while healing 4% of his HP each turn for the next 4 turns.

Play Nice [Priority 3] - Debuffs ATK for 5 turns

Snob Smackdown [Priority 3] - a.atk * 5 - b.def * 1 - b.mdf * 1 and attacks 5 times, targeting randomly. 20% chance to stun, and causes each hit to reduce 1% of your MP.

Snob's Crush [Priority 3] - a.atk * 6 and debuffs defence for 1 turn

Dark Wave [Priority 1] - Snob applies "Darkness" to one of your party members, reducing their hit chance, evasion, crit chance and crit evasion by 50%, and making your ATK only 85% of its total for 3-8 turns.

Importance of Friendship [Priority 2] - Snob recovers 15% of your party's HP and MP, but also gives you the stat "Distracted", decreasing your attack, magic attack, defence, hit chance, and reducing your evasion by 100% for 1 - 10 turns. It's harsh.

-

-

-

AGAIN, PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS JUST A MOCK-UP BATTLE. I'M NOT SUGGESTING THIS IS HOW THE GAME SHOULD LOOK, PLAY OR BE.

Though it did take me more than an hour to make. For a mock-up battle.

@vingw I'm really liking the concept. It looks really impressive!

Also, I love how my pants are wet. That's hilarious.

I think we're sticking with the Earthbound pixel-ish art style, are we correct? It's easier to connect people's pixel art into the game, without having it feel too different between several artists.

Bydgo-rush

BEAUTIFUL

I was just about to message you on Steam to tell you about this video, specifically for that attack XD

[in my previous recording, you were the last one alive, and you managed to defeat Snob with that move, also given the fact PreChewed's "Ecosystem" buffed your damage!]

@vingw I'm really liking the concept. It looks really impressive!

Also, I love how my pants are wet. That's hilarious.

I think we're sticking with the Earthbound pixel-ish art style, are we correct? It's easier to connect people's pixel art into the game, without having it feel too different between several artists.

I'm really glad you do! I really tried to make your attacks relevant!

I. Uh. Yeah... XD

And, like I said, this is a mock-up. I can't do pixel art AT ALL, so I'm no real use in the artist development team, unless I'm here to do concepts of pictures [which is what I called this battle, a "Concept Mock-Up Battle"]. But yeah, pixel art, woo, or something! 

(Really busy with exams and culminating activities, ugh...)

This isn't official in any way, but I decided to make a mock-up battle scene!

"New Member", @ThePreChewedTree , @F3RR1S and @CyanBlue against Dark @Snob ! I did a recording before where I won the battle, but I lost that recording and couldn't get it back. Using the same set up as before... let's say I did... worse... I really prefer the other recording I did, but this is what I have.

Dark Snob

MHP: 3000 - MMP: 200 - ATK: 125 - DEF: 55 - MAT: 50 - MDF: 65 - AGI: 50 - LUK: 69

Attack [Priority 5] - a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2

Okay Signal [Priority 3] - Snob buffs his ATK and DEF for 5 turns, while healing 4% of his HP each turn for the next 4 turns.

Play Nice [Priority 3] - Debuffs ATK for 5 turns

Snob Smackdown [Priority 3] - a.atk * 5 - b.def * 1 - b.mdf * 1 and attacks 5 times, targeting randomly. 20% chance to stun, and causes each hit to reduce 1% of your MP.

Snob's Crush [Priority 3] - a.atk * 6 and debuffs defence for 1 turn

Dark Wave [Priority 1] - Snob applies "Darkness" to one of your party members, reducing their hit chance, evasion, crit chance and crit evasion by 50%, and making your ATK only 85% of its total for 3-8 turns.

Importance of Friendship [Priority 2] - Snob recovers 15% of your party's HP and MP, but also gives you the stat "Distracted", decreasing your attack, magic attack, defence, hit chance, and reducing your evasion by 100% for 1 - 10 turns. It's harsh.

-

-

-

AGAIN, PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS JUST A MOCK-UP BATTLE. I'M NOT SUGGESTING THIS IS HOW THE GAME SHOULD LOOK, PLAY OR BE.

Though it did take me more than an hour to make. For a mock-up battle.

That's absolutely amazing! In the final game maybe I can just be 'PreChewedTree' Instead of 'ThePreChewedTree' It would make my name shorter, so it wouldn't have to stretch. Also, that EcoSystem is really cool! It looks like it Buffs normal attacks!

Archived