Making silk and stingers decay

Here is the problem: if one settles in contested area near spider dens and killer bee hives, during spring the neighborhood quickly becomes piled up with silk, glands and stingers. The meat is eaten by spiders, honey rots and gets eaten too, but the rest of loot just lies there, looking ugly and causing lag.

Ash has nice decay mechanics, wouldn't it be logical to make something similar for this loot as well?

Press space bar and it will take around 10 seconds to pick them all. Give the extra ones to a lure plant, it will eat and digest them for you. You shall then be rid of all these undesired items! Also, I there is an auto-stacking thing that got implemented a while ago. If you leave them there and go off-screen, they should at some point stack automatically with some other nearby darts/silk, making the gathering even easier and shorter.

I do agree that care should be taken when building beeboxes. Wall can help you achieve some sort of bee containment. You could also make a wall to prevent spiders from coming too close to your bee boxes.

I honestly don't think we need to make spider silk and darts decay. We have ways of managing those ressources to avoid it being a mess. Cheers!

Install my "Equivalent Exchange v2" mod, and you can also get some gold from them ;)

One question, what do you do if mods are not an option? Seems that 75% most answers to everything on here are mods and well I can't use them...personally the stingers I just grab them all up in a bunch and drop them off in the corner of the map, but it can be annoying.

Ahh, I see... So, you can't play with mods... But, maybe others can ? I made this awesome mod, because after 500+ days my base started looking like this: (see atachment's)

I had a lot of stingers, too much silk, sp. gland, hounds tooth and pretty much everything (it's a non - RoG old game)...

post-348230-0-01647500-1400595361_thumb.

post-348230-0-40503900-1400595380_thumb.

post-348230-0-95649100-1400595400_thumb.

While I would like a few more uses and some ways to get rid of items, making stingers, and especially silk decay, would be somewhat vexing. I'm sure someone will come up with a sweet idea that does not use a mod, though.

Press space bar and it will take around 10 seconds to pick them all. Give the extra ones to a lure plant, it will eat and digest them for you. You shall then be rid of all these undesired items! Also, I there is an auto-stacking thing that got implemented a while ago. If you leave them there and go off-screen, they should at some point stack automatically with some other nearby darts/silk, making the gathering even easier and shorter.

I do agree that care should be taken when building beeboxes. Wall can help you achieve some sort of bee containment. You could also make a wall to prevent spiders from coming too close to your bee boxes.

I honestly don't think we need to make spider silk and darts decay. We have ways of managing those ressources to avoid it being a mess. Cheers!

^This. Just pick up all the stingers and they won't be a mess anymore. It wouldn't make sense for stingers/silk to rot, especially since silk is such an important resource to have due to all the crafting recipes. If you really don't like the mess then move the spider's nest and don't build beehives near them. And like people have said, you could feed the stingers to lureplants. Lurplants will destroy any item they pick up after ~30 seconds, so all you have to do is drop unwated stacks of garbage near one and eventually the eye plants will gobble them all up for you. Instant trash can.

Archived