[Suggestion] Custom Characters

I have the idea of perhaps picking from a few preset "Classes" each with different "Traits" for example picking "The Firestarter" class will give you all the "Traits" of Willow but from there you are free to change the name and the appearance of your character. Changing the appearance could be as simple as picking from different head shapes, noses, mouths, eyes, hair styles and clothes. What are your opinions on this and do you have any other ideas on how this would work?

I like the idea of customising your "online" character. Unless people are happy to have 4 identical Wilson on screen. I'm not too fussed.

It wouldn't bother me too much but I feel that having more than one of the same character could become a bit confusing! Also I think having the option to customise your character would be cool as it would make you more unique as a player and more recognisable to others :)

I want the official characters, customized characters don't have personality, and all would look the same (being the emost possible)

I see what you mean in that these custom characters would not have personality but what if they were to add a feature in that you pick from a set of preset "Classes" or "Personalities"? Or instead let you create your own personality where you can pick a few traits that affect how your character interacts with the world. Perhaps you can pick two good traits and two bad or something? And I don't think they would all look the same as long as there was enough parts to choose from! But perhaps adding the ability to edit the colours of these parts will ad more variations? :)

I have the idea of perhaps picking from a few preset "Classes" each with different "Traits" for example picking "The Firestarter" class will give you all the "Traits" of Willow but from there you are free to change the name and the appearance of your character. Changing the appearance could be as simple as picking from different head shapes, noses, mouths, eyes, hair styles and clothes. What are your opinions on this and do you have any other ideas on how this would work?

I feel that character customization would feel really weird, especially when we already have 11 unique characters to choose from.

I see what you mean in that these custom characters would not have personality but what if they were to add a feature in that you pick from a set of preset "Classes" or "Personalities"? Or instead let you create your own personality where you can pick a few traits that affect how your character interacts with the world. Perhaps you can pick two good traits and two bad or something? And I don't think they would all look the same as long as there was enough parts to choose from! But perhaps adding the ability to edit the colours of these parts will ad more variations? :-)

This is not Rogue Legacy, the don't starve characters would be enough, I only agree with the colour customitation.

It would even be nice to see Wilson with the muscles of Wolfgang, but would be very strange, because, imagine Wilson with the powers of the WX-78, would be very strange to see him being "loaded" by lightning. For me, just change the color and hair that is already good.

I like the idea of customising your "online" character. Unless people are happy to have 4 identical Wilson on screen. I'm not too fussed.

But that doesnt have to be like that... What if you instead of playing on a server want to play with your friends and while starting a new game have to chose your character and If a player choses a character it becomes locked?

Kind of like a "lobby", maybe.

But that doesnt have to be like that... What if you instead of playing on a server want to play with your friends and while starting a new game have to chose your character and If a player choses a character it becomes locked?

Kind of like a "lobby", maybe.

This is a good idea but it could be annoying if someone took the character you wanted!

I have an idea, of sorts. How about this; if  other people in a lobby have the same character, one person would have normal Wilson, while another person with the same Wilson will have different color clothes and maybe even different color hair. There would also have to be some sort of limit to how many of the same character the lobby can have, just to avoid over-repetition and force some people to try out different characters and get a different feel for the game.

If this were any other game, I would probably agree with this idea. But Don't Starve has such a nice set of characters with unique personalities, and there are more than enough of them to fill any server. So I wouldn't like this system too much.

Archived