Beefalo horns are rare now?

I've had this happen before, more than once.  In a particularly bad run, I went through a whole herd and a half before one dropped.  It's just the RNG isn't coming up in your favor.  One thing to remember is a 1/3 chance remains a 1/3 chance for each Beefalo killed, no matter how many Beefalo you go through.  For each one, it's still more likely for you not to get a horn than to get one.  Hopefully you'll be able to get a horn before too much longer (or have to kill too many more Beefalo).

Still does not beat the weirdness of being in 200 in-game days and no matter how many trees you chop, no Treeguard will uproot to attack you (stats set to normal in everything). I'm desperate to craft Dark Swords but I get no materials for it!

Anyway, I'd keep trying, you're just out of luck with those. Unfortunately all of my Beefalos have been killed so I need to rely on sewing kits to repair my Beefalo Hat

Still does not beat the weirdness of being in 200 in-game days and no matter how many trees you chop, no Treeguard will uproot to attack you (stats set to normal in everything). I'm desperate to craft Dark Swords but I get no materials for it!

Anyway, I'd keep trying, you're just out of luck with those. Unfortunately all of my Beefalos have been killed so I need to rely on sewing kits to repair my Beefalo Hat

WOW. That is some rotten luck right there. I'm day 40 and i've had 2 treeguards.

The worst part is that i'll be needing two before I can herd beefalo properly.

i have like 5 of them after 7 killed its definitely not a drop rate just bad luck. wish i can give you 2 or 3...... don't starve together?????

You could try setting up A LOT OF TREES. And old bell them. But even that is very RNGish. I don't set up my trees for tree guardians but a lot of times I get 0. One time I got 3 at once =/.

But RNG is lame =(. 200+ days and I've killed Mactusk around 7 times and hasn't dropped me his Tusk. DOESN'T HE HAVE TWO?? WHY CAN'T I YANK THEM OUT =(. He taunts me by dropping his Tam o' Shanter twice =/.

I've explained before why this is. Because the herd leader never left the spot. Beefalo don't cling to one section of land, they cling to a herd leader. You had to get the herd leader.

But even regardless of this, I need the horn for a beefalo hat, darnit.

Archived