I bought the game a while back and the main thing I think could be improved is the 'base' idea, where you set it up and improve it. Being a crappy games dev myself I know walls dont take much time to implement and I think it would benefit the game a lot.

Personally, I think this would greatly detract from the game.

I want to see it built so that you constantly have to keep on the move, adapting to new areas because the last one ran out of food. Being able to build a base with walls and everything would detract from that survival experience.

Once some actual AI pathing is put into the game, craftable barriers will be introduced as well. Right now, the AI has no idea what to do when confronted with a barrier, which would make player-made barriers too powerful.

I agree, when im exploring the rock lands where the tall-birds live after i aggro one by stealing its egg, i can lead it down towards a sharp turn in the map to prevent it from chasing me although some sort of player barrier i think would be a good addition to the game.

Ohhh, walls and fences would be really great. While having this as a survival game is fun, I think adding an additional element of building would be even funner. People could choose if they want to tough it out and survive, or if they want to build as safe a base as possible~

Maybe having the option of different types of walls, too (like wood vs stone~)

I've been thinking that it would be really nice to be able to pen in animals, also (such as beefalos for their hair and manure >:3).

I'd preffer fences to be honest than walls. And people that are saying it'd be too easy; you don't have to make the fences, you can. Eventually you could make it so spiders can jump over, and also make it so mobs can destroy fences.