The REAL Story Behind Dont Starve

He can hate. He can panic. Those aren't emotions?  The fact that he has an empathy module would lead us to believe that he would have modules for other emotions too. Plus his quotes.

Is panic an emotion? I dunno. It feels like it might be but not quite... More of a... response? I don't know where I'm going with this.

Is panic an emotion? I dunno. It feels like it might be but not quite... More of a... response? I don't know where I'm going with this.

I know where you are going. You were going to proceed and say that he only has "responses", but he does have much more. He shouldn't be able to laugh or crack jokes if he only had responses.

What is even happening?!?!?!? 

What we need is a story of WX78. Why can't he befriend clockworks with gears/gems? Where did he come from where did he go, where did he come from cotton-eye joe! and how did Maxwell trap a robotic killing machine? Really everyone else's story is trivial besides Webber/WX78, but WX>Webber.

I think that WX-78 was originally a human, but was turned into a Cyberman (watch some Doctor Who episodes where they convert people into Cybermen). That means that he still retains some of his original body parts (e.g. skull that is visible during lightning, similarly like Cybermen that were originally humans often retain their skulls), but in the conversion process the has lost all human-like emotions and became hostile to living things. He is not aware that he was previously a human. By the way, Klei developers have revealed that WX-78 is a human in robot suit, so my hypothesis would make sense.

I think that WX-78 was originally a human, but was turned into a Cyberman (watch some Doctor Who episodes where they convert people into Cybermen). That means that he still retains some of his original body parts (e.g. skull that is visible during lightning, similarly like Cybermen that were originally humans often retain their skulls), but in the conversion process the has lost all human-like emotions and became hostile to living things. He is not aware that he was previously a human. By the way, Klei developers have revealed that WX-78 is a human in robot suit, so my hypothesis would make sense.

WHAT... WAIT WHA-??! Since when did they "Reveal that he's in a robot suit"?

WHAT... WAIT WHA-??! Since when did they "Reveal that he's in a robot suit"?

It was reported in the discussion forum under WX-78's article on Don't Starve wiki that a developer was always saying that he is human. Anyway, it seems that the developers want to make all characters to be humans or at least contain humans (same thing with Webber).

It was reported in the discussion forum under WX-78's article on Don't Starve wiki that a developer was always saying that he is human. Anyway, it seems that the developers want to make all characters to be humans or at least contain humans (same thing with Webber).

It was a joke Kevin made once. He said "WX is just a guy in a robot costume, who is very dedicated to his role, thats why he can eat gears" Or something along the lines of that in a discussion about WX. I dont think he was being serious.

It was a joke Kevin made once. He said "WX is just a guy in a robot costume, who is very dedicated to his role, thats why he can eat gears" Or something along the lines of that in a discussion about WX. I dont think he was being serious.

OK, it was not presented as a joke on the wiki's discussion forum so I assumed it was true. But anyway, the skull inside its robotic head reminds me very much of a Cyberman from the Doctor Who episode The Pandorica Opens:

Archived