sign improvements

Firstly, i think that signs shouldnt require a science machine to prototype. Imo they are at their most usefull in the early days when you're exploring but currently we're just forced to use traps to signpost any interesting areas we might want to come back to.

Second, i'd like to see coloured signs. I figure we're never gonna be able to write on the signs, but perhaps board+ 2 silk could make a white sign, board+pig skin could make pink sign, board+4 carrots could make orange sign and so on.

The main reason i use signs is to mark wormholes. i'll put a sign at the entrance of one and then another one when i come out of the other side. Next wormhole will get two signs instead of one. Maybe i'll use a trap and a sign for 1 of them. Coloured signs would make this a lot simpler/less expensive. My memory is so bad i can never remember where the damn things go!

The main reason i use signs is to mark wormholes. i'll put a sign at the entrance of one and then another one when i come out of the other side. Next wormhole will get two signs instead of one. Maybe i'll use a trap and a sign for 1 of them. Coloured signs would make this a lot simpler/less expensive. My memory is so bad i can never remember where the damn things go!

I simply use saplings.  Put them on the cardinal direction of matching wormholes.  North, south, etc.  Most of the time they don't spawn with saplings very near so it works well.   But ya, it would be nice if Klei could add a little functionality to signs.  But in the form of a switchable symbol.  The last thing I want is 4-5 different signs clogging up my structure list even further.

I simply use saplings. Put them on the cardinal direction of matching wormholes. North, south, etc. Most of the time they don't spawn with saplings very near so it works well. But ya, it would be nice if Klei could add a little functionality to signs. But in the form of a switchable symbol. The last thing I want is 4-5 different signs clogging up my structure list even further.

I agree, although my mod seems to place them at the bottom of the list, I would still rather have the ability to change the color on the fly. I am still looking at the best way to do this.

Archived