Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

DwerBomb

Be wet, be slow

Be wet, be slow?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the slowness penalty for being too wet?

• I like it and I think it should be as written in the OP
    • It's ok but it needs some tweaks
    • No, the wetness mechanic is fine as it is now
    • No, I don't like this idea but I have another in mind
  2. 2. Do you think the marsh turf should effect you?

• Yes, it should slow you
    • Yes, it should wet you
    • Yes, it should do another thing
    • No.
    • Yes, it should both wet and slow you

DwerBomb    6150

Shouldn't wetness slow you down? I mean, if you are totally wet you will feel heavy IRL...

My idea was something like this:

20-50: slowed by 5%

50-100: slowed by 10%

100-149: slowed by 15%

150 (totally wet): slowed by 20%

This will also add a bit more challenge for the ones who think rain is too easy.

DwerBomb    6150

Beyond that, shouldn't the swamp slow you down?  It's a friggin swamp after all.

That would be a problem, though. I think the only thing that should slow the player should be the rain (and maybe freezing).

brummbar7    513

That would be a problem, though. I think the only thing that should slow the player should be the rain (and maybe freezing).

How is one a problem while the other is not?

DwerBomb    6150

How is one a problem while the other is not?

Because one is an entire biome and there is no way to avoid the slow penalty it would give you. Wetness, on the other hand, can be avoided using special dresses and tools, so that if you don't use those you will get a penalty.

brummbar7    513

Because one is an entire biome and there is no way to avoid the slow penalty it would give you. Wetness, on the other hand, can be avoided using special dresses and tools, so that if you don't use those you will get a penalty.

Guess I don't spend enough time in swamps for it to be that big a deal to me.  It'd make them more dangerous, anyway.

DwerBomb    6150

It'd make them more dangerous, anyway.

Yea it would, and it would make tentacles less kitable, but it would also be a reason more to not go there and it would make esploration hard in that areas.

ButterStuffed    1937

Slowing down while wet would be a great addition to the game, would make rain more of a problem.

On the subject of swamps I think that maybe swamps should give a passive wetness gain. I mean it is a swamp after all.

DwerBomb    6150

On the subject of swamps I think that maybe swamps should give a passive wetness gain. I mean it is a swamp after all.

Yea that makes sense, but it should be not to much and give a small passive wetness of 1/2 wetness/min

ARamblingSpider    1536

Yea it would, and it would make tentacles less kitable, but it would also be a reason more to not go there and it would make esploration hard in that areas.

Tentacles can't be kited really since there's no delay between attacks. 

DwerBomb    6150

You need to be fast and attack them while they are retourning underground, but you can only do 1 attack to be safe

Wenderlly    64

They can be kited though. They hit twice then you hit once and run, they hit twice then you hit once and run, rinse and repeat until they're dead. It's hard but doable.

WillPwn4Food    295

I know you've already been told twice now, but I'm just backing the other guys up that yes, kiting a tentacle is possible

Go right up to where the ground is turning over and mash "f" until you character strikes the emerging tentacle. It should skip its rising animation and move right into its attack. If you flee right after landing your hit, you should just barely get out of the way in time. Then return to the tentacle with the same "f" mashing as it tries to return under ground

DwerBomb    6150

Go right up to where the ground is turning over and mash "f" until you character strikes the emerging tentacle. It should skip its rising animation and move right into its attack. If you flee right after landing your hit, you should just barely get out of the way in time. Then return to the tentacle with the same "f" mashing as it tries to return under ground

That's the strategy I use ;)