Be wet, be slow

Be wet, be slow?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the slowness penalty for being too wet?

• I like it and I think it should be as written in the OP
    • It's ok but it needs some tweaks
    • No, the wetness mechanic is fine as it is now
    • No, I don't like this idea but I have another in mind
  2. 2. Do you think the marsh turf should effect you?

• Yes, it should slow you
    • Yes, it should wet you
    • Yes, it should do another thing
    • No.
    • Yes, it should both wet and slow you

Shouldn't wetness slow you down? I mean, if you are totally wet you will feel heavy IRL...

My idea was something like this:

20-50: slowed by 5%

50-100: slowed by 10%

100-149: slowed by 15%

150 (totally wet): slowed by 20%

This will also add a bit more challenge for the ones who think rain is too easy.

How is one a problem while the other is not?

Because one is an entire biome and there is no way to avoid the slow penalty it would give you. Wetness, on the other hand, can be avoided using special dresses and tools, so that if you don't use those you will get a penalty.

Because one is an entire biome and there is no way to avoid the slow penalty it would give you. Wetness, on the other hand, can be avoided using special dresses and tools, so that if you don't use those you will get a penalty.

Guess I don't spend enough time in swamps for it to be that big a deal to me.  It'd make them more dangerous, anyway.

On the subject of swamps I think that maybe swamps should give a passive wetness gain. I mean it is a swamp after all.

Yea that makes sense, but it should be not to much and give a small passive wetness of 1/2 wetness/min

Tentacles can't be kited really since there's no delay between attacks. 

They can be kited though. They hit twice then you hit once and run, they hit twice then you hit once and run, rinse and repeat until they're dead. It's hard but doable.

Tentacles can't be kited really since there's no delay between attacks. 

I know you've already been told twice now, but I'm just backing the other guys up that yes, kiting a tentacle is possible

Go right up to where the ground is turning over and mash "f" until you character strikes the emerging tentacle. It should skip its rising animation and move right into its attack. If you flee right after landing your hit, you should just barely get out of the way in time. Then return to the tentacle with the same "f" mashing as it tries to return under ground

Go right up to where the ground is turning over and mash "f" until you character strikes the emerging tentacle. It should skip its rising animation and move right into its attack. If you flee right after landing your hit, you should just barely get out of the way in time. Then return to the tentacle with the same "f" mashing as it tries to return under ground

That's the strategy I use ;)

Archived