More Uses For Moonlight

Ok, so we all know how during a full moon, everything is lit up, there are werepigs, ect.

What if moonlight had more uses than just being a bit of extra light at night?

What if moonlight could be captured in, say, a bottle.

I know it might sound strange at first, but tell yourself this; is it much weirder than getting nightmare fuel from shadow monsters that are a figment of your imagination?

My idea is that on a full moon, if you have a moonlight collector (I don't know, something you might build in the science catagory) you could be able to harvest moonlight. The rate would be 1 bottle per night, and it'd be a cool health booster, possibly sanity booster. You might use it for other things as well, but at the moment this is just an idea off the top of my head! I'm open for suggestions and critiques.

There could be a special recipe called "Moonpie" which can be made when dragonpies are placed on the ground during a blue moon.

The moonpies could be an upgraded dragonpie which would make the player glow in the dark for a sort period of time when consumed. Omg, yes, I want moonpies!

Ok, so we all know how during a full moon, everything is lit up, there are werepigs, ect.

What if moonlight had more uses than just being a bit of extra light at night?

What if moonlight could be captured in, say, a bottle.

I know it might sound strange at first, but tell yourself this; is it much weirder than getting nightmare fuel from shadow monsters that are a figment of your imagination?

My idea is that on a full moon, if you have a moonlight collector (I don't know, something you might build in the science catagory) you could be able to harvest moonlight. The rate would be 1 bottle per night, and it'd be a cool health booster, possibly sanity booster. You might use it for other things as well, but at the moment this is just an idea off the top of my head! I'm open for suggestions and critiques.

I've had a idea involving a lantern which I called a "Lunar Lantern" that is fueled by nightmare fuel and its effects are determined by the phases of the moon.

On a new moon it would be slightly brighter than a normal lantern. On a full moon it would envelope you in shadows at the cost of some sanity which would make you effectively invisible to all nearby creatures for the lantern's duration.

As the moonlight changes from a new moon to a full moon the lantern would grow dimmer and dimmer until it has the shadow effect on a full moon and slowly grows brighter until it reaches its brightest on a new moon.

Perhaps it could be made using a Shadow Manipulator/Ancient Pseudoscience Station, Bottles of Moonlight, Nightmare Fuel, and a Lantern.

The alternative fuel could also be bottles of moonlight instead of nightmare fuel for a greater fuel replenishment.

I remember hearing something about "Moonmelons", a weird blue watermelon-like fruit grown in Japan that changes your taste buds temporarily. So maybe a process similar to what @Parrotoss suggested could be added to watermelons, and maybe the new ones would make food some foods give you more health and less hunger or something?

Butterflies to moths sounds awesome. Maybe a luminescent type of moth that if you gather 6 of them you can put them in a jar for a portable light source. Only works during fall and spring during new moon or full moon. Summer is too hot and they hibernate in winter.

There could be a special recipe called "Moonpie" which can be made when dragonpies are placed on the ground during a blue moon.

The moonpies could be an upgraded dragonpie which would make the player glow in the dark for a sort period of time when consumed. Omg, yes, I want moonpies!

I like your idea, how about mooncake, moonpie is too morden in DS.

What I want them to add is the rare chance that a full moon can be a blue moon or blood moon, being more common in winter and autumn respectively.

More good stuff happens during a Blue Moon and more bad things happens during Blood Moons.

And I also wanted an even rarer chance for a normal day, maybe in summer, for a Solar Eclipse to happen, where everything gets nuts.

Archived