More uses to the Water

Some time ago I'm seeing in the game, the water is totally useless,only you can get fish, and that only in a pond, the giant ocean we have is only hate if you drop food on killing something .
Why not give more water uses?
Potions, bathing, thirst, boats, etc.
Especially bathing, as the character "Maxwell" says it's neat, but even after exiting a cave full of spiders and monsters he is perfectly clean
We need bathe the dirty characters.

Science machine + 1 Plank = Wooden Bucket

Wooden Bucket + Pond = Water Bucket (With 10 uses?)

Water Bucket + Wilson = Wet Wilson (It should raise wetness instantly by like 50?)

Water Bucket + Smoldering something = Extingished Something

Water Bucket - 10 Uses = Wooden Bucket

How about that?

(I'm a pro at math)

Summer? (Being wet decreases your body temperature right?

I don't think the overheating mechanic is affected by wetness (could be wrong, haven't seen anywhere saying so, or have experienced it myself), and it would make the useless weather drop from the Goose/Moose even more useless, that's not saying much... but still.

(though if wetness doesn't affect Overheating, it totally should, if it already does and I haven't seen it then I am a fool)

A bridge or a way to put out fires would be useful.

I always thought it was a little funny that Don't Starve is a survival game yet dehydration doesn't ever come into play. While I suppose it could make things too complex it could mesh great with the current systems.

Klei has said they don't want to add something like a water meter that makes you have to drink, because it'd just make the game more micromanagement and not improve the experience.

I agree with that. For other things... meh? Water is even more widely avaliable than everything else and a bucket isn't going to have much of an impact on that. I suppose you could limit it to ponds, but the end result is really just "is adding all these even any fun?" Adding more and more content isn't exactly better, and I think stuff like making you collect water for bathing/potions/drinking-meter etc wouldn't actually improve the gameplay.

I would like to see the bucket of water, not to drink it, just to extinguish things, making a poor man flingomatic and incresae the grow rate in things like mushrooms.

A survival item that I would like to see is a pond net, a type of trap that takes longer but can capture fish and frogs (2 units) without much micromanagement.

I would like to see the bucket of water, not to drink it, just to extinguish things, making a poor man flingomatic and incresae the grow rate in things like mushrooms.

You can already do that with ice, rot, and probably some other stuff.

Well, not for mushrooms, but those already regrow after each time it rains.

So, with the water bucket idea, how about freezing the water? It would be a large seasonal goal that benefits you in the summer.

Autumn = Collecting water

Winter = Freezing water

Spring = Preserving frozen water

Summer = Using frozen water

and the Frozen water bucket could be worn on the head like the ice cube.

Some time ago I'm seeing in the game, the water is totally useless,only you can get fish, and that only in a pond, the giant ocean we have is only hate if you drop food on killing something .

Why not give more water uses?

Potions, bathing, thirst, boats, etc.

Especially bathing, as the character "Maxwell" says it's neat, but even after exiting a cave full of spiders and monsters he is perfectly clean

We need bathe the dirty characters.

Agreed. Water should be more useful in the game. A good thing to do would be to have a water meter. (Like the water you drink, and not the wetness meter.) It would function like a second food meter, and would definitely add more challenge to the game. Maybe make it so during summer, you could drink water to fill up your water meter so you don't overheat as fast. Then, Klei would have to make it so ponds could dry up, or you'd have to purify ocean water. Anyways, I'm just rambling ideas that are off the top of my head. I just thought these would be a good addition to the game.

Klei's already stated they don't want to add a meter for something like Thirst, because they think it'd just be a step in the direction of more micromanagement without improving the game. I agree.

Although I guess I could be remembering wrong, but.

Archived