Base location for Wickerbottom

Hi!

With the new DLC and biomes that were I want to ask what would be the best place to create a base for Wickerbottom
I always make my home in village pig for the gold and have an army of pigs, but a swamp is not a bad idea for her books
Where would be a good place?

Hi!

With the new DLC and biomes that were I want to ask what would be the best place to create a base for Wickerbottom

I always make my home in village pig for the gold and have an army of pigs, but a swamp is not a bad idea for her books

To be honest I think you should try the caves as you might know she has high sanity and it would be cool to see how she handles down there. You could have multiple bases above and underground but I think it would be cool in a cave.

To be honest I think you should try the caves as you might know she has high sanity and it would be cool to see how she handles down there. You could have multiple bases above and underground but I think it would be cool in a cave.

The issue with Wickerbottom is that she cannot sleep, which is one of the best way to regain sanity.  She really has trouble staying sane in the caves because its constant night which drains 5 sanity/min.  It wouldn't be realistic until she gets thelucite armor or a tam o shanter.

Basically Wickerbottom's only con is her sanity issues, which can actually get quite out of hand, so your base needs to placed so you can get your sanity back easily, i suggest a pig village, well not in one because of full moons but a safe distance from one, easy walking distance, place yourself in a Savannah if you can, with rabbit holes but the next best thing is lots of nearby mole mounds, remember this needs to be close to the pigs. Pig Friends are one of the best ways to gain sanity, first friend them, second order them to chop a massive forest (you can plant that) and then stand next to a clump of them = instant sanity. Now with your base you need 4 ice fling o matics by summer, 1 for each replant-able plant (Bushes, Tufts) and 1 for your main base. When constructing your base make sure to leave enough room in it for 2 fire pits and the Ice fling o matic in the center. But other than that GL HF, i suggest stockpiling lots of resources during springs as the "Replant-ables" grow back faster during spring.

...i suggest a pig village, well not in one because of full moons but a safe distance from one, easy walking distance...

It's actually very safe to base in a pig village, so long as you don't make a habit of coming back from far away, at night.  As long as you're in the area during evening the pigs all go back in their houses, and whatever else can be said about werepigs, they are also voracious late-night readers, or sleepers, or something, because they never leave their houses.  It's really only night-traveling where you risk coming on them outside their houses.  Or if you forget the full moon is coming and have hired some and they're sitting around the fire with you.

If Klei wants to up the difficulty ante a bit more, RoG should make werepigs come out of their houses at night.  It would definitely make basing amongst them unattractive if not impossible.  And currently any time it's practical I base right in or directly beside their village, with the pig king.

Hi!

Heya.

Wicky is my main and I usually make my base close to a pig village. Because villages are always close to forests, you'll easely find green mushrooms if you have low sanity issues.

Just remember, don't make your base inside of the village or you'll have troubles during full moons.

Archived