hound mounds are just too op....

so i made a new world and there weren't allot of rocks except for in a desert witch was full of hound mounds but with a ton of rocks.

so i went there with my gear and everything to get gold for my filgomatic and the hounds nearly killed me

(Chester didn't survive) and every time i go there they wreck me they are  soo op and i cant even come close to there mound to tear it down

in my opinion sooooo op.

If there are a bunch of mounds clustered together then you should just not approach that area. Maybe bring some pigs to help you with it if you REALLY want the rocks in that area. If there are 1 or 2 mounds close then I can usually manage just fine if I'm cautious. So you should be able to manage too if that is the case. If it's the former then just avoid the area until you get some assistance.

so i made a new world and there weren't allot of rocks except for in a desert witch was full of hound mounds but with a ton of rocks.

so i went there with my gear and everything to get gold for my filgomatic and the hounds nearly killed me

(Chester didn't survive) and every time i go there they wreck me they are  soo op and i cant even come close to there mound to tear it down

in my opinion sooooo op.

It's one of the many set pieces that can be generated in the Don't Starve world. It's not supposed to be a normal place that you can just go into without preparation.

I don't think that it can be somewhat rated as underpowered or overpowered. Don't Starve is not a dumbed down Action RPG that you can expect to deal with everything that you can encounter. There is no 'progression' like that. In this game you must relay on something that can be described as 'common sense' so sink or swim and enjoy every bit of the ride because Don't Starve is all about that.

You had seen those mounds from afar and you've lernt the hard way. Get yourself armed next time. Get a decent weapon and armour,  use Tooth traps and get a bunch of Pigmen to help you. Anyway, I would advise to leave this place and look for materials elsewhere for the time being.

It's not an easy game and it can seem very punishing at times.

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Guides

Thankfully there is a great wiki with useful articles you can browse for tips and guides on overcoming the obstacles you will face. My recommendation is to avoid things you can't handle until you get more experienced.

i think your right i started playing the DLC yesterday soo yea.

As for what not to use.. Old Bell is useless against hound mounds. It doesn't break them and the killed hounds respawn. I almost died to get a hound mound infested area smashed by the giant and only thing it killed was the hounds under it's feet. Which the mounds replaced in a few minutes :/

If you use the pan flute to put the hounds to sleep then run into the middle of the set piece, you can ring the Old Bell and run before any hounds wake up. Biigfoot will take out the whole center and all that will be left will be the outer ring. Or ring the bell at the north side, stomp... take out some stray hounds, then flute, south side, stomp.... enjoy the spoils of what biigfoot did!!

The hound mound set pieces drive me nuts too.  I was in a similar situation where that was my only source of gold.  They do spawn hounds really quickly.  Good suggestions in this thread - I'll try them out next time (although none of the fancy things).

Archived