Lack of blue gems!

Looking at how you could get a snow chester might be easy if you could get blue gems as easy as red gems. I have now 8 red gems and 0 blue gems. The only blue gem I had I used to make a chilled amulet and that only has quarter capacity left! The thing is about the hounds; during 3 of 4 seasons we can experience red hounds I think and only one season gives blue hounds. Getting blue gems is so hard now, yet we all need them A LOT instead of spastic red gems. It's like red gems have more chance to get than blue gems! I'd really want an easier way of getting blue gems cause I've already got like 3 life giving amulets and extra 8 red gems. Need more blue gems! Somebody help! I've already dug up all the graves, blue hounds only come in winter and other ways have too low chance to drop any blue gems! I NEED BLUE GEMS, HELP!

I myself have a suggestion; how about if mini glaciers had a chance to drop blue gems. I'm still in spring so I could get some!

Maybe it could be temperature related. If the temperature in the world is above a certain value (i.e end of spring + summer + beginning of autumn) we have red hounds, if it's lower (end of autumn, winter and beginning of spring), we have blue hounds.

Edit: This would result in some interesting events where temperature rise just above the treshold value during the day in spring where you get fire hounds and were expecting blue hounds and vice versa (you get blue hounds instead of red when temperature drops just below the treshold temperature at dusk or night in autumn). This would also give another use to the thermometer: hints on what type of hound is coming at you during mid spring and mid autumn.

If you need blue gems the walrus camps offer a steady supply during winter

That's true, but that still limits the period during which you can collect blue gems from hounds to winter. I admit there are alternatives (graves, earthquakes in caves, for example), but they are mostly unreliable and depend on luck. Also, you are limited by the respawn time of the Walrus camp, as you are limited by the time between waves.

By the way, do hound mounds in the desert spawn red and blue hounds during their respective seasons ? That would at least give some more opportunities to get red and blue gems (as well as hound teeth).

Oh yeah, I forgot you can farm blue gems off walrus camps. That does limit the amount of time you can get them, but the blue hounds respawn very readily if I remember correctly, and they're pretty fragile so it's not hard to kill them en-masse.

As long as you don't need to build a Snow Chester more than once, or need a load of purple games, that would be a sufficient method. It's true that's only at one time of the year, but it makes up for it in the sheer amount you can obtain.

Looking at how you could get a snow chester might be easy if you could get blue gems as easy as red gems. I have now 8 red gems and 0 blue gems. The only blue gem I had I used to make a chilled amulet and that only has quarter capacity left! The thing is about the hounds; during 3 of 4 seasons we can experience red hounds I think and only one season gives blue hounds. Getting blue gems is so hard now, yet we all need them A LOT instead of spastic red gems. It's like red gems have more chance to get than blue gems! I'd really want an easier way of getting blue gems cause I've already got like 3 life giving amulets and extra 8 red gems. Need more blue gems! Somebody help! I've already dug up all the graves, blue hounds only come in winter and other ways have too low chance to drop any blue gems! I NEED BLUE GEMS, HELP!

I myself have a suggestion; how about if mini glaciers had a chance to drop blue gems. I'm still in spring so I could get some!

Blue gems from glaciers!?!? I hope that was a joke.

There are plenty of blue gems, unless you have the misfortune of only one igloo on your map. But then there is always the caves, where you can get plenty with a little time.

I don't think you are supposed to get snow chester near the beginning of the game.

I see a lot of these posts from you @XirmiX. "The game is too hard!", "This is stupid!", etc. Might I suggest perusing the mod workshop? There are plenty of "hold your hand" mods there.

I'd also suggest to visit a Walruss Camp in Winter... Put 2-3 Spider nest partly on the Camp on the first day of spring and the level 3 spider dens make sure you have enough hound teeth and blue gems. :) (also some other usefull stuff mactusk drops)

works everytime :)

I'd also suggest to visit a Walruss Camp in Winter... Put 2-3 Spider nest partly on the Camp on the first day of spring and the level 3 spider dens make sure you have enough hound teeth and blue gems. :) (also some other usefull stuff mactusk drops)

works everytime :)

Good thinking! That way I won't even need to fight the walruses myself :D

Blue gems from glaciers!?!? I hope that was a joke.

There are plenty of blue gems, unless you have the misfortune of only one igloo on your map. But then there is always the caves, where you can get plenty with a little time.

I don't think you are supposed to get snow chester near the beginning of the game.

I see a lot of these posts from you @XirmiX. "The game is too hard!", "This is stupid!", etc. Might I suggest perusing the mod workshop? There are plenty of "hold your hand" mods there.

Did I really say that the game is too hard? I did say "this is stupid" at some point thought. But that's not what's happening here, is it? I'm just thinking of more ways to get blue gems, which I totally need. And I'm not at the beginning of the game and I have snow chester because of the glitch that's fixed now. I need blue gems for ice staffs and chilled amulets!

And about mini graciers dropping blue gems; I was not joking; I mean you could even mine a spider in a glacier logically because who knows what can freeze there! What's illogical is that mini glaciers drop rocks. Having chance of dropping blue gems would be really helpful thought, may be 1% chance?

Good thinking! That way I won't even need to fight the walruses myself :grin:

Did I really say that the game is too hard? I did say "this is stupid" at some point thought. But that's not what's happening here, is it? I'm just thinking of more ways to get blue gems, which I totally need. And I'm not at the beginning of the game and I have snow chester because of the glitch that's fixed now. I need blue gems for ice staffs and chilled amulets!

And about mini graciers dropping blue gems; I was not joking; I mean you could even mine a spider in a glacier logically because who knows what can freeze there! What's illogical is that mini glaciers drop rocks. Having chance of dropping blue gems would be really helpful thought, may be 1% chance?

Most of your posts indicate that yes, the game is too difficult for you, and calling red gems "spastic" is a fair indicator of your type of posts.

How is it logical that a live spider can be frozen in ice, but illogical for an inanimate rock to be?

And no way will they make glaciers drop blue gems. I would take Josh's advice and visit the caves once in a while.

As long as it's a low chance, I like the idea

Most of your posts indicate that yes, the game is too difficult for you, and calling red gems "spastic" is a fair indicator of your type of posts.

How is it logical that a live spider can be frozen in ice, but illogical for an inanimate rock to be?

And no way will they make glaciers drop blue gems. I would take Josh's advice and visit the caves once in a while.

Yeah, about the creatures being frozen yet living... What about if your character gets hit twice by the deerclops orbyou use ice staff on other mobs yet you ALL survive after being frozen into ice, don't you? Well that's done. Besides blue gem being frozen in mini glaciers; wouldn't that make sense? How about the rocks coming from the mini glaciers? Very makes sense sinse during the summer there is a pile of water and no stones.

So don't mock me about crazy ideas, whilst Klei have even more crazy than I do, I just think of something that could be added to the game.

And you look like a total idiot, by just repeatedly mocking and explaining the way I write. Who cares how I write?! You better look at what message I'm sending not the way I've written it!

As long as it's a low chance, I like the idea

Why, thank you! At least someone understands me and can appreciate what I'm saying, unlike some people >_>

Why, thank you! At least someone understands me and can appreciate what I'm saying, unlike some people >_>

Haha what's funny is that, in all honesty, I do disagree with a fair portion of your suggestions, but I am quite fond of this one. I mean, does anyone actually use life giving amulets often? Seems like blue gems are much more useful than reds now

Yeah, about the creatures being frozen yet living... What about if your character gets hit twice by the deerclops orbyou use ice staff on other mobs yet you ALL survive after being frozen into ice, don't you? Well that's done. Besides blue gem being frozen in mini glaciers; wouldn't that make sense? How about the rocks coming from the mini glaciers? Very makes sense sinse during the summer there is a pile of water and no stones.

So don't mock me about crazy ideas, whilst Klei have even more crazy than I do, I just think of something that could be added to the game.

And you look like a total idiot, by just repeatedly mocking and explaining the way I write. Who cares how I write?! You better look at what message I'm sending not the way I've written it!

Trust me pal, between the two of us, I highly doubt I look like the idiot. I don't mock your crazy ideas because your ideas are not crazy, they make the game stupidly easy. Your message is "This game is too hard". Not difficult to understand.

And you write like a child, so I shall point out childish things you write as a counter point when you ask "Where did I say that".

al, between the two of us, I highly doubt I look like the idiot. I don't mock your crazy ideas because your ideas are not crazy, they make the game stupidly easy. Your message is "This game is too hard". Not difficult to understand.

And you write like a child, so I shall point out childish things you write as a counter point when you ask "Where did I say that".

Gosh! Chill out! One simple idea and you're jumping to conclusions! No this game is not too hard, it lacks blue gems, which are hard to get now and I really need them. Not that they're needed as required but just suggesting. You making these conclutions is just... Well bleh ;_;

I think if you tried hard enough during one winter you would have enough blue gems to do whatever you want.  From what the other users said already (hound mounds in the desert, walrus camps, hound waves).  Don't forget the ancient statues too which can be mined during any seasons if you are comfortable with the ruins.  There's usually 3 caves on each world so that's definitely 10+ blue gems down there.  Earthquakes generate blue gems as well

al, between the two of us, I highly doubt I look like the idiot. I don't mock your crazy ideas because your ideas are not crazy, they make the game stupidly easy. Your message is "This game is too hard". Not difficult to understand.

Gosh! Chill out! One simple idea and you're jumping to conclusions! No this game is not too hard, it lacks blue gems, which are hard to get now and I really need them. Not that they're needed as required but just suggesting. You making these conclutions is just... Well bleh ;_;

Don't call someone an idiot then tell them to chill out. Your posts which include " Warg spawns too many hounds", "Yellow gems from hounds", " Add solar panels to WX-78", and this one among others show that you indeed would like the game made easier. So, conclusions are made from multiple suggestions, not just this one.

Don't call someone an idiot then tell them to chill out. Your posts which include " Warg spawns too many hounds", "Yellow gems from hounds", " Add solar panels to WX-78", and this one among others show that you indeed would like the game made easier. So, conclusions are made from multiple suggestions, not just this one.

Will. You. Shut up? I believe gam eis not hard ENOUGH instead of too hard. Only cause I make those suggestions does not mean I want the game to be buffed. My main mod idea, for example, I've thought about it lately, and all thought there would be lots of other things to help you in the game to survive, I thought that my big mod would be possible to stack less items in one stack and instead of 15 you'd have 10 stacks as your pockets.

I am NOT suggesting buffs all over the place. I am suggesting buffs with challenges. This one might be just a buff, but yellow hounds would be a buff with challenge, as well as WX-78's solar pannels (which btw I suggested that WX-78 would freeze and heat up faster, cause he's a robot). If you really are this big idiot, I'm gonna start thinking YOU'RE a robot. I don't want to hear anymore of this s*** from you. If you wanna make me look stupid, then all you are is one douch troll. Stop saying the same thing again and again, you piss me off! Now f*** off.

This makes me sad. I was hoping to never see an argument with insults ever on this forum. I thought we were better than this :wilson_worried:

Look at the post above you. Just some insolent punk whose ridiculous suggestions will not ever be implemented. Don't be sad.

@XirmiX - since you are impervious to intellectual conversation. I'll just say that your suggestions are idiotic, this one more than most. And you will never make this mod you keep referring to, because you will never be able to clambor over the giant wall that is your intelligence.

Archived