Not a single tallbird nest on map

Hi everyone, as the title says, I'm playing on a map where there are no tallbirds at all.

I'm on default settings, and that's the second time it happens to me. I also had a map few games ago with only one nest.

Are you experiencing the same thing ? What's happening with tallbirds ?

On every world i started i found at least one tallbird with a nest, just explore a bit more and you may find one.

My map is fully explored, that's why I made this post, I think it's bug related. Or maybe are the devs working on the tallbird life cycle, and that's the reason ?

In Seasonial Science version, the Koalefants were missing because of the work on Warg implementation two updates later. I think (and hope)  that we have a similar experience with Tallbirds. Kind of.

My map is fully explored, that's why I made this post, I think it's bug related. Or maybe are the devs working on the tallbird life cycle, and that's the reason ?

In Seasonial Science version, the Koalefants were missing because of the work on Warg implementation two updates later. I think (and hope)  that we have a similar experience with Tallbirds. Kind of.

Try typing c_gonext "tallbirdnest" in the console. If there's a nest on your map, you'll be "telelocated" next to it.

Try typing c_gonext "tallbirdnest" in the console. If there's a nest on your map, you'll be "telelocated" next to it.

It didn't worked.

post-301177-0-49609800-1396961668_thumb.

Here's my map :

post-301177-0-67421800-1396961755_thumb.post-301177-0-87420600-1396961772_thumb.post-301177-0-63619400-1396961783_thumb.post-301177-0-74838100-1396961796_thumb.post-301177-0-01484800-1396961810_thumb.post-301177-0-55375800-1396961821_thumb.

As you can see there's no nest icon.

(Off topic : How can I have my images to fit in the forum's window ? I don't like how it looks when it comes out of the frame of it)

There seems to be less of them this time, before I used to get the "tallbird fortress" pretty often, now I barely find two  or three. 

I'm ok if there are less of them (they are really easy source of food), but none is quite harsh (not sure if it's the right word, that's the first time I use it :razz: ), especially if you're on default settings. They participate in making the world looks more alive !

(Off topic : How can I have my images to fit in the forum's window ? I don't like how it looks when it comes out of the frame of it)

Just use hostingpics, imghost, postimage, etc... , they will give you a BBCode to put in the forum.

As you can see there's no nest icon.

"gonext" didn't work because you need parenthesis as follows:

c_gonext("tallbirdnest")

if none are found, then you do have none hiding behind something on your map. There has been at least one in every world I have generated.

c_gonext("tallbirdnest")

if none are found, then you do have none hiding behind something on your map. There has been at least one in every world I have generated.

I typed it like you did, I tried with c_gonext("adventure_portal") to see if I was right with the syntax and I was, so I tried with tallbirdnest, but of course it didn't worked as I have no Tallbird nest at all, you can see it on the map, the nests have a minimap icon when you have some in your world.

That's not a big deal to me, eventually I will spawn a few ones with the console on a rocky biome, I just wanted to know if it was a frequent issue :)

Actually, now that I think about it, my RoG map (fully explored) also has no tallbird nest.

Sounds like this is a common issue, or at least more common than it should be. For that matter I have no pig king either, but that's nothing new; even if I wish it hadn't happened when I decided to pick Wigfrid where gold is more useful than normal...!

It is rare, but it happens. Last time, I didn't have a pig king and I survived with Wigfrid.

If you can't live without the small tallbirds, I advise to teleport to a new world.

I don't think any setpieces change when you go through teleportato to a new world. I didn't have a pig king in one world, then I came to another world through teleportato and still no pig king!

I have had this happen to me EVERY. SINGLE. ROG GAME! Every single one, not a single freaking tall bird nest in sight! I think that they might have decreased the chance for tall birds spawning in a world...

Same for me, not a single tallbird in about 10 RoG games ''fully discovered maps''

Hi everyone, as the title says, I'm playing on a map where there are no tallbirds at all.

I'm on default settings, and that's the second time it happens to me. I also had a map few games ago with only one nest.

For awhile, I thought I never had walrus camps ever on my games. Then I figured out that my worlds usually spawn with two main islands.

Go jump through a few worm holes, maybe you'll find something else.

For awhile, I thought I never had walrus camps ever on my games. Then I figured out that my worlds usually spawn with two main islands.

Go jump through a few worm holes, maybe you'll find something else.

Well, I wish I could try, but I just died :wilson_facepalm:

Poor Webber, the Bunnymen are not meant to be your friends.

I would never think that the problem could come from that, I never discovered another island, I usually use 2 or 3 wormholes max, but never tried to use them all. (That's a lot of never)

Even if it's the solution, it's sad not having the nests everywhere on the map.

its just not guaranteed! like the big leaf berry bushes or pig kings. i even had a map with no mactusks!!! i just wish everything the game had to offer would just spawn.

c_gonext("tallbirdnest")

The c_gonext command don't need parenthesis. Parenthesis are only needed when you want a specific number (above 1) of "whatever you want" : if you want to spawn 5 bearger you'll type c_spawn ("bearger", 5) but if you want only one you can just type c_spawn "bearger". Using something like c_gonext ("bearger", 5) is pointless (and I'm pretty sure that it won't work, or give you a really strange result).Take a look at his first screenshot, the command did work (and it work everytime I use it).

its just not guaranteed! like the big leaf berry bushes or pig kings. i even had a map with no mactusks!!! i just wish everything the game had to offer would just spawn.

Not guaranteed on RoG, but I always had tallbirds nests on default settings on the vanilla version, that's why I find it weird.

Archived