What in caves/ruins draws you to going down there?

To me, cave is just a place to have my Thulecite things and some magical staffs.

Uh, it seems less attractive in DLC now and a little bit useless, the reward of going down caves isn't  comparable to the payment.

Besides, now in DLC, the adventure on the earth is fascinating and tense enough.

Light bulbs for lantern? Rabbit House? Not that important.

So why do we need caves anymore?

Tell me, What exactly in caves/ruins draws you to going down there now?

I never cared enough about the caves to go in there.

I tried to do something in the caves but I got wrecked, and they all looked the same to me too. Nothing that interesting.

Then I tried on my 200+ day save, properly geared and I thought it's too difficult for me to have a sanity boost, a light, good armor, a good weapon and some place for the loot. Too much of a hassle.

So I went outside the caves and never went back. 

believe it or not I never actually went into the caves for resources like rabbit houses or lanterns since I don't make huge camps or use most of the items in the game

I purely go down there because I find the caves interesting and like the challenge of constant darkness and managing sanity in a constant drop aura

and I just really like the whole atmosphere of being down there and exploring, seeing what I can find and learning new things each time I go down

idk a lot of the time I just get bored with the surface

and tbh I think the only thing I've ever brought up from the caves willingly was a potted fern

Ummm... Why I goes down?

1. Just for fun.

2. To make rabbit houses in normal world (really, I need some bunny puffs to make some things for winter).

3. For thulecite and gems. I REALLY need them.

4. To make my base proffesional and beautiful. I have Farming for light mod and Wilson's Cabin, so it's very useful.

5. To make my PvM skills better.

6. Nightmarefuel.

7. For adventure.

8. To run from dangerous mobs like hounds.

I never cared enough about the caves to go in there.

I tried to do something in the caves but I got wrecked, and they all looked the same to me too. Nothing that interesting.

Then I tried on my 200+ day save, properly geared and I thought it's too difficult for me to have a sanity boost, a light, good armor, a good weapon and some place for the loot. Too much of a hassle.

So I went outside the caves and never went back. 

I succeeded once in caves, in vallina version. 2 base, one for each storey.

Then i died for some careless behaviors, i was so close to crafting my Thulecite items and staffs.

But actually it was still exciting for me to go down, because i like risking my life. And the rewards seemed fair.

I feel more difficulties in caves now and realised ancient tabs don't offer real help for me to live better and easier.

Sooooooo, kinda lame. 

Same as CowlRaven: The thrill to explore, boredom, the spooky ambience...

Besides I absolutely love Rock Lobsters and Bunnies so I always go there on games to get some to bring to the surface. 

And if I spawn near an underground entrance and far away from gold / rocks / spider webs (silk) I go farm them in the caves rather than going all over the world to find a biome (my world are always set to huge).

I go them very early in game, to farm rocks and bring some rock lobsters up. Later I go back for ruins on God mode if I want some ancient item. Too many worms there after day 50!!!

Ummm... Why I goes down?

1. Just for fun.

2. To make rabbit houses in normal world (really, I need some bunny puffs to make some things for winter).

3. For thulecite and gems. I REALLY need them.

4. To make my base proffesional and beautiful. I have Farming for light mod and Wilson's Cabin, so it's very useful.

5. To make my PvM skills better.

6. Nightmarefuel.

7. For adventure.

8. To run from dangerous mobs like hounds.

Gotta ya. 

But hounds are more dangerous than shadows and worms?

Gotta ya.

But hounds are more dangerous than shadows and worms?

At 100+ day? YES!

I prefer to make my base near sinkhole (not too close cuz of bats) and near exit from caves and then making me ready for fight. With it you can survive at winter/summer too...

Lantern is the biggest one.

I also go down there for the ruin armor, ruin tools, rabbit houses, and houndis shootis. After that I get slime and hopefully the snurtle shell.

I would like to make a file where I set up bishops around my base in small walled in areas, but that isn't going to happen with webber.

At 100+ day? YES!

I prefer to make my base near sinkhole (not too close cuz of bats) and near exit from caves and then making me ready for fight. With it you can survive at winter/summer too...

O,hoho, Not offensive, but dude you're really a novice to this game.

In the begginning, I either made my base near/among the marsh, or i live not far from killer bees/beefalos.

I use them to help  me defeat hounds.

But your base location dosen't matter anymore after u got a large area of tooth traps.

Ok...it's kinda boring and stressful playing this way,uh... never mind.

Just play what u want.

O,hoho, Not offensive, but dude you're really a novice to this game.

In the begginning, I either made my base near/among the marsh, or i live not far from killer bees/beefalos.

I use them to help  me defeat hounds.

But your base location dosen't matter anymore after u got a large area of tooth traps.

Ok...it's kinda boring and stressful playing this way,uh... never mind.

Just play what u want.

Was that calling me n00bie!? BTW No, I'm playing about a year.

I'm doing it in crit-sits...

I know, but I don't want to live near beefalos cuz fire hounds can burn them to the death.

I'm don't like tooth traps, I prefer PvM.

I agree.

Thanks.

Was that calling me n00bie!? BTW No, I'm playing about a year.

I'm doing it in crit-sits...

I know, but I don't want to live near beefalos cuz fire hounds can burn them to the death.

I'm don't like tooth traps, I prefer PvM.

I agree.

Thanks.

What does PvM even mean?

What does PvM even mean?

Player vs monster, u fight monster by yourself

Caves yes. Ruins no.

Ruins is annoying for me to deal with because it causes winter to become summer instead of spring.

I'd go down to the caves because:

1.) Bunnymen, for fur rolls

2.) Slurtle Armor (Shelmet and Snurtle Shell Armor)

3.) Lanterns.

Cause winter to summer? Bug or setting?

Archived