Weird and unusual maps

I have had similar maps, one of them even had 20 or so tallbirds and 40 beefalo right next to each other.

Yeah, i'm finding that tentacles and beefaloes are attacking eachother. Haven't seen it in action yet, but I'm finding the remains of the slaughter.

I get maps like this all the time, too. Has its benefits. Today i was chopping some trees with 4-5 Pigmen when the hounds attacked. The pigmen started figting the hounds (one of them a red one). When a huge forest fire started the tallbird in the stone area right next to the forest biome got aggro and killed all the pigmen and hounds... It was amazing! :D

Personally, I prefer those kinds of maps. (Most people call them Continent Maps (as opposed to Bridge Maps), since the "islands" are all generated together as one large "continent".)

Anyway. While a continent world is slightly smaller overall than a "standard" island world, I like 'em because it generally means you don't have to travel as far to get places... plus it makes the unexplored interior areas of your map seem huge and intimidating.

I've had those bridgeless maps before. They're smaller overall than the more normal sort of map, but the advantage is that it doesn't take nearly as long to travel from one end to the other.
Personally, I prefer those kinds of maps. (Most people call them Continent Maps (as opposed to Bridge Maps), since the "islands" are all generated together as one large "continent".)

Anyway. While a continent world is slightly smaller overall than a "standard" island world, I like 'em because it generally means you don't have to travel as far to get places... plus it makes the unexplored interior areas of your map seem huge and intimidating.

Really? My world must be a freak of nature then. It's humongous.

D49MY.jpg

Really? My world must be a freak of nature then. It's humongous.

I dunno about a "freak of nature", but you certainly did get lucky in that the map's circles hardly overlap at all... so you definitely have a larger-than-normal world. I would consider that to be a good thing, though: the larger your world is, the longer it'll take you to fill everything in and hit the current content wall.

I haven't had any odd looking maps, but my most recent map has some very odd terrain. Most of the terrain on the left side is very...patchy. There is a little bit of swamp, next to plains, next to forest. There are also striped parts, where it's just plains and forest bits running along each other in lines. There are patches of rocky terrain next to patches of swamp terrain in a forest biome. It's really all odd and so far, I haven't found any bridges.