suggestion for caves! give your thoughts

Ok so just about everyone knows the caves are harsher due to the elements (hot, cold, rain) At first i agreed

with this. The reason being is because it discouraged players from spending most of summer and winter or 

even spring down there safe from the dangers above ground. Which i think klei intended. well my idea to help this is slowing down time dramatically in caves! I mean its always night there. our character should not know how much time has passed above ground anyways. So basically what I'm saying is that if there is a way to make 1 full day in caves equivalent to like 5 or (whatever number is good) days above ground pass by. It would really discourage players to actually live down there and avoiding the elements! Almost like its 2 separate worlds. what do you guys think?

So, why would that stop people from camping down there? If time passes faster on the ground than below, you can just tough out the bad weather underground for less time and then come back up after the worst is over. 

Is this what you mean?

No they mean time would pass longer underground, so even if you stayed underground for say as long as winter is, less time would of passed above ground and thus it would still be winter

So using their example of 1 cave day = 5 normal days then youd have to stay underground 5 times longer then winter is in order to avoid it

No they mean time would pass longer underground, so even if you stayed underground for say as long as winter is, less time would of passed above ground and thus it would still be winter

So using their example of 1 cave day = 5 normal days then youd have to stay underground 5 times longer then winter is in order to avoid it

yep if a season is 21 days long. multiply that by 5! you would have to spend 105 days in cave in order to avoid a season. that way klei could just omit the weather thing down there!   5 is just a # i threw out.

...Wouldn't it be the other way around? 1 normal day = 5 cave days? I.E. 5 days have to pass in the caves for 1 day to pass on the ground? Oh god, this isn't meant to give anyone a headache, is it? 

...Wouldn't it be the other way around? 1 normal day = 5 cave days? I.E. 5 days have to pass in the caves for 1 day to pass on the ground? Oh god, this isn't meant to give anyone a headache, is it? 

Yeah I think?

Sorry its really late for me and Ive got some things distracting me

The only problem with this is that people who explore the caves to collect stuff will completely exploit this fact while the only counter benefit is that it MAY prevent people from camping in the caves.

If I normally come out of the caves with ~50 silk, 8 spider eggs, and a couple rabbit houses, + tentacle spikes, etc, and you are telling me I can collect that in 1 -2 days now topside time? That is way way overpowered.

My thoughts:

I want Rock Kittens. They follow you around, running out at you from the dark, meowing for their mumma and some nutrients. They continue to follow you all the way until the evening. If you go to sleep (tent, sleeping bag, whatever), they eat you. Alive. All 5 of them. 

Rock Kittens. Make it happen. 

Oh, they also help you fight but give you massive Naughtiness each time one dies in battle. They also constantly starve, so you have to feed them rocks else you get Naughtiness when they die.

Just as you're going to sleep, you see the Rock Kittens circle you and grow into diabolical wraiths, all which look different but have enormous jaws and perpetually grin.

Eat you. Alive.  

I would totally exploit this... though I spend only 2 to 3 days at a time down there (I think ;) ) but yeah... totally over powered... camping has its price in sanity and resources I always say I will spend winter in the caves and always come back topside shortly. .. I even have the cave campsite set piece

My thoughts:

I want Rock Kittens. They follow you around, running out at you from the dark, meowing for their mumma and some nutrients. They continue to follow you all the way until the evening. If you go to sleep (tent, sleeping bag, whatever), they eat you. Alive. All 5 of them. 

Rock Kittens. Make it happen. 

Oh, they also help you fight but give you massive Naughtiness each time one dies in battle. They also constantly starve, so you have to feed them rocks else you get Naughtiness when they die.

Just as you're going to sleep, you see the Rock Kittens circle you and grow into diabolical wraiths, all which look different but have enormous jaws and perpetually grin.

Eat you. Alive.  

This is why mixing meth with LSD is a bad thing, kids.

So in Autumn I would get 100 straight weatherless days in the caves?  Sounds like a dream to me!  Not everyone fears the above ground weather.  I spend my winters and summer plotting my caving expeditions.   there's already enough time related bugs between cave and above ground.  Probably don't need to be exacerbating it.

Archived