Is Wigfrid Deaf?

I don't know if im just going crazy but most of the sounds, and ambiance sounds muffled when playing the new character 'Wigfrid' can't tell if I have gone insane from too much Don't Starve or if this is a bug.

This also happened to me.  I believe it happened after I torched a tree, or possibly after I started overheating from standing too near to too many of them.  After that things sounded very muffled.  Not the music, but it seemed like most of the 'world' effects. 

This also happened to me.  I believe it happened after I torched a tree, or possibly after I started overheating from standing too near to too many of them.  After that things sounded very muffled.  Not the music, but it seemed like most of the 'world' effects. 

Summer now has a muffle effect like winter does. Although it's a lot more noticeable. I personally don't like it, it kinda ruins the awesome music Summer has.

Summer now has a muffle effect like winter does. Although it's a lot more noticeable. I personally don't like it, it kinda ruins the awesome music Summer has.

It was still the middle of spring when it happened to me.  For whatever that's worth.  And it was EXTREMELY muffled.  Not a little like winter.  But very muffled.

• Developer

I'm guessing what happened is that you started overheating. When you overheat, we change the DSP filtering to filter out more sounds as you get hotter and hotter. It sounds like it's not resetting properly when you stop overheating. Does that line up with what you were experiencing?

I'm guessing what happened is that you started overheating. When you overheat, we change the DSP filtering to filter out more sounds as you get hotter and hotter. It sounds like it's not resetting properly when you stop overheating. Does that line up with what you were experiencing?

It has been happening to me, it's like a grenade has just exploded next to me and I can't hear at all...

Yes for me ! And it also happen if I overheat in an other season than summer because of a forest fire.

Ya, that seems accurate for my case.

Yeah that sounds about right I had gone through the teleprtato to a new world so i could play as Wigfrid and i bought my thermal stone (heat stone) with me but it bugged out when I came into the new world and I began to overheat.

Archived