Make traps stackable

Maybe its time to make traps (bird, rabbit, tooth) stack up to 3 or 5, cause with all new items even the backpack is not enough.

Rabbit traps are just basket with a stick bird traps are just sticks with some web on it, and anyway characters can stack 20 logs in one invenotry slot.

The problem will be how to manage the question of durability ?

Make traps stackable is to contradict the gameplay of don't starve: I think tools deserve to remain unstackable.

It would take significant reworking of the system, but what about crafting one trap actually nets 10, each with a one use durability? I don't think this approach would work well with tooth traps, but regular traps and bird traps seem like they would work fine. Also, bee mines could become stackable too since they only have 1 use anyway.

I'm not sure of the problem here.  Me, once I craft a rabbit trap I immediately place it.  I NEVER carry around multiple rabbit traps.  Tooth traps I just craft whatever I have room for, then place them.  Don't carry them around either.  Why are people needing to carry around multiple traps?

I'm not sure of the problem here.  Me, once I craft a rabbit trap I immediately place it.  I NEVER carry around multiple rabbit traps.  Tooth traps I just craft whatever I have room for, then place them.  Don't carry them around either.  Why are people needing to carry around multiple traps?

I don't find it a huge deal because I normally do the same. However, I do think that crafting bird trap/regular trap should make 10 with each having 1 durability (it would be nice if bee mines stacked too!). I think overall it would just make things less tedious. Like I've mentioned before, though, tooth traps wouldn't work for that; they would have to remain un-stackable

I don't find it a huge deal because I normally do the same. However, I do think that crafting bird trap/regular trap should make 10 with each having 1 durability (it would be nice if bee mines stacked too!). I think overall it would just make things less tedious. Like I've mentioned before, though, tooth traps wouldn't work for that; they would have to remain un-stackable

The problem with that method is that then you DO have to cary around traps (or lay 10 of them at once)

The problem with that method is that then you DO have to cary around traps (or lay 10 of them at once)

In Will's scenario the traps would be single use, so they would stack.  And you would not have to lay 10 at once, you'd just use right click to lay one, just like planting seedlings.  

Klei has suggested they are probably going to have animals in traps only last a certain amount of time.    In that case, they need to make animal traps like tooth traps: left-click placing them just puts them on the ground, not active.  Right click places them ready to go.  That way I can place traps by the holes they're for, but not waste their durability, in the event I'm not going to be checking them in the next few days.  Then, I can just come by one that's inactive and activate it with a right-click, just like tooth traps.  This allows people to best plan their trapping days without wasting trap durability.

For spider killing.

Archived