Where did these two names come from? WX and Wickerbottom

Hey developers; it's your resident, neighbourhood question every bloody thing guy!

What was the meaning being WX and the numbers 78 for WX 78 (I know the W was for the W theme)and where did you get Wickerbottom from? The only other mention of that name I saw was on an episode of The Simpsons. Was that where you got it from?

Oh and it's it WX78, WX 78 or WX-78?

(No questions about the other names; they're all nice and normal!)

On the wiki people say that WX may be named after a gundam

WX-78's name may be a reference to the RX-78 series of mobile suits in the Universal Century gundam series. The most notable being the RX-78-2, the main mobile suit of the original gundam series.

I bet they put WX jnstead of RX because they wanted all names to start with a W

Cookie for you, good sir.

Also, I think Wickerbottom was put because it's an odd type of name an old lady would have. I tell you, I'm having trouble trying to find a better alternative that starts with W.

Also, I think Wickerbottom was put because it's an odd type of name an old lady would have. I tell you, I'm having trouble trying to find a better alternative that starts with W.

Isn't Wickerbottom her surname?

I'm pretty sure she's called "Mrs.Wickerbottom"

There's always Ms. Wormwood from Calvin and Hobbes :v

Alternatively, Wumplestiltskin ... for definitely not an old lady now that I think about it. 

There's always Ms. Wormwood from Calvin and Hobbes :v

Alternatively, Wumplestiltskin ... for definitely not an old lady now that I think about it. 

Maybe there would be copyright issues involved with Wormwood? I doubt it though..

Oh, Wumplestilskin had me laughing--most definitely not! It could serve an additional  interesting character, however.

Shut your mouth, you know it's true. Truth can't be argued.

Why is everyone so dumb lately...

Like really, they take seriously every joke...

Unless this was sarcasm, if you use sarcasm use this kind of font... thingy

Wickerbottom is a type of chair. I mean, there are wicker bottom chairs. That doesn't seem to have much to do with the character, so I suppose they chose the name because it sounds old fashioned and a bit silly.

Given that there was a Deathstar and a Tie fighter in the Hidden Knowledge video the Star Wars theme could lead to IG-88 the Bounty Hunter droid.

IG-88_-_COTF.jpg

And his behaviour, missing empathy, has similarities in HK-47 from Knights of the Old Republic

Oh yea Star Trek.

Oh wow, this forum. Bleh -_-

I am little douchey, I don't really watch out for my language, I don't think before responding, I don't think before saying or writing something, a lot of people hate me, not only on this forum, I lose the virtual friends in about two minutes after I make friends with them, one guy even edited my avatar and said it "suits me better":

110zmug.jpg

But one ******* is not a reason to talk about this forum in a bad way.

I am little douchey, I don't really watch out for my language, I don't think before responding, I don't think before saying or writing something, a lot of people hate me, not only on this forum, I lose the virtual friends in about two minutes after I make friend with them, one guy even edited my avatar and said it "suits me better":

110zmug.jpg

You didn't do anything wrong...you just explained to him my reasons for posting the GIF, and he overreacted. 

But anyways, let's get back on topic.  Sorry for derailing Myco.

I am little douchey, I don't really watch out for my language, I don't think before responding, I don't think before saying or writing something, a lot of people hate me, not only on this forum, I lose the virtual friends in about two minutes after I make friend with them, one guy even edited my avatar and said it "suits me better":

110zmug.jpg

I know. And I can feel yours pains...

Given that there was a Deathstar and a Tie fighter in the Hidden Knowledge video the Star Wars theme could lead to IG-88 the Bounty Hunter droid.

IG-88_-_COTF.jpg

And his behaviour, missing empathy, has similarities in HK-47 from Knights of the Old Republic

HK47photoshoot1.jpg[/spoile

HK was in SWTOR too, just sayin. Impossible boss fight.

Archived