Rain gear and tentacle spots

Klei, since the rain hat and rain coat both require tentacle spots, please consider either making tentacles respawn (maybe after 2 or 3 "years"?) or up the drop rate on the spots. I just killed 15 tentacles to get 2 spots.

Wickerbottom already can using a book and all tentacle items are renewable from giant tenatacles in the caves. This isn't really neccisary.

on the other hand, caves are a lot more difficult now since in the spring it never stops raining/leaking in the caves.

As for renewability, I'm assuming they can be repaired with a sewing kit.  So you probably shouldn't ever run out.  By the time you've exterminated the above world tentacles you should have plenty of hounds teeth (unless the drops on those got nerfed too?)  2 per 15 tentacles does seem pretty low though for such an important item.  Considering there's what, only two other options for staving off wetness?  Both being handheld? 

But this sort of item must be craft by all the character, without high difficulty.

Yes, exactly.

As for renewability, I'm assuming they can be repaired with a sewing kit.  So you probably shouldn't ever run out.  By the time you've exterminated the above world tentacles you should have plenty of hounds teeth (unless the drops on those got nerfed too?)  2 per 15 tentacles does seem pretty low though for such an important item.  Considering there's what, only two other options for staving off wetness?  Both being handheld? 

Yes they can be repaired with a sewing kit, so that's a saving grace for sure. But yeah, I'm pretty concerned that I'll have to exterminate all life form in my swamps before being able to make both pieces of rain gear.

Tentacles are acting sorta weird right now, so the low drop rate might be related to that. I'm gonna post further things I've noticed over in the bug section, but I definitely wanted this in the suggestions so the devs could comment on what's intended/a bug.

Well according the the wiki it's a 50% chance of getting either a tentacle spike or tentacle spots so either your really unlikely or there is a bug with drop rates for tentacles, but I agree tentacles should "regrow" after sometime 

How about letting them spawn the little tentacles (the summoned ones) in their vicinity from time to time or in a certain season....perhaps autum? And they would, if they survive, grow to become evil adult tentacles. Like Beefalos and Tallbirds reproduce.

Would get them swamps some love. Little tentacles would only drop monstermeat or nothing.

Archived